Our partner

All change!

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Johnny-Jack

All change!

Postby KitMcDaydream » Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:09 pm

Has anyone else experienced their system completely re-inventing itself?

My life has changed radically over the years and with covid lockdowns possible for a while yet (at least this winter) I'm thinking I'm gonna be living a very isolated life for a while yet.

I feel change within, many have disappeared a new child has appeared (Phoenix age 12) and seems to be the only one keeping me(the adult host self) company these days, though they've disappeared today.

I'm not sure if this is just because the other fronts aren't needed (for college,work etc as we can't/don't go there anymore). Would they be there if the covid situation ended suddenly and people could visit or we could go out and take a course or something or have they left for good?

Kind of feeling like the caretaker of an empty building right now! There's no motivation to draw or paint though I got loads of stuff for them to do. Kit and Bobby aren't playing Zelda. Sioux isn't doing yoga though she came out briefly to help deal with an electrician needing to come in the house for several hours.

I don't seem to do anything other than sleep, watch telly and look after the dog. Hoping getting a new video game (if its released next week) may trigger someone to 'come out and play'

Have they left or are they somewhere on the inside preparing for the next phase of the bodies life?

The Caretaker
KitMcDaydream
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:50 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: All change!

Postby SystemFlo » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:10 pm

It's really quiet in our system too. Situation is a bit different, because we're in a crisis and it started before covid. It lead to us being totally separated from the life like we used to know it, and for us I think covid made it easier to deal with. Everyone else was alone too, so we weren't like aliens because of that.

When there's no people, there's no threats. We don't need a defender ready 24/7, and Sami has been inside. There's no triggers, positive or negative, that call people out, cause there's nothing happening. We don't work anymore, there's no T, there's no friends or family, we haven't talked to anyone for months. Our little has a friend and they've e-mailed, but that's it. But covid is still a huge thing, although where we live in, things have been really fine compared to many countries. Anyway, I think it's still big thing enough to keep our system in crisis state, and that means some parts are protected and inside because of it. I think it's more than natural that system changes, when life changes so suddenly. That's how I see it anyway, but maybe your situation is different.

IDK what will happen in future or anything, just wanted to tell that we have it pretty much like you do too.

LUCAS
Fourteen M 14 main trauma holder, persecutor, has DID (ca 20 parts age 3-16):
- Jules M 14
- random M teen
- Leon M 4
Sami M 16 (15-26) system manager, defender
Lucas M 16 balancer, socializer, body care
Flor F
SystemFlo
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:50 am

Postby Western » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:40 pm

KitMcDaydream wrote:Has anyone else experienced their system completely re-inventing itself?

My life has changed radically over the years and with covid lockdowns possible for a while yet (at least this winter) I'm thinking I'm gonna be living a very isolated life for a while yet.

I feel change within, many have disappeared a new child has appeared (Phoenix age 12) and seems to be the only one keeping me(the adult host self) company these days, though they've disappeared today.

I'm not sure if this is just because the other fronts aren't needed (for college,work etc as we can't/don't go there anymore). Would they be there if the covid situation ended suddenly and people could visit or we could go out and take a course or something or have they left for good?

Kind of feeling like the caretaker of an empty building right now! There's no motivation to draw or paint though I got loads of stuff for them to do. Kit and Bobby aren't playing Zelda. Sioux isn't doing yoga though she came out briefly to help deal with an electrician needing to come in the house for several hours.

I don't seem to do anything other than sleep, watch telly and look after the dog. Hoping getting a new video game (if its released next week) may trigger someone to 'come out and play'

Have they left or are they somewhere on the inside preparing for the next phase of the bodies life?

The Caretaker

They won't have left you. They're still there but just quiet.

I didn't know I had dissociative disorder until recently and when my people were really busy in the old days we had some great times together. When I got older I started to ignore them because I was scared that I would get locked up. Because of this my system stopped talking to me. I missed it so much to be honest and I thought it had gone away. I didn't realise that my alters were still actually working really hard for me, albeit in a covert way but they was still there. Since I've learned that I have a dissociative disorder I have been able to contact alters that were there many many years ago and it feels so good to be back in touch.

So because of this I'm pretty sure that yours haven't gone away.

Best wishes.
For mash get Smash
Western
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Sarandipity » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:48 am

Looking back my system has donee it a couple of times over the years. Completely changed due to life circumstances or stress or no stress or a life milestone.

I see my system as dynamic and adaptable to change. Its created for that purpose if you think about it. Abuse situations are really unpredictable so the system is designed to cope, adapt and survive various situations including calm ones. So to me it's natural it reboots when necessary.
Monte Carlo or Bust
Rose and Patrick
Batcho and Fortune (twins), Paul and Lilly,
No-one and Peter, Beth and Karen, Mandy and Mouse plus a seperate system of fragments including: rabit and others.
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby KitMcDaydream » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:17 pm

SystemFlo wrote:When there's no people, there's no threats. We don't need a defender ready 24/7, and Sami has been inside. There's no triggers, positive or negative, that call people out, cause there's nothing happening. We don't work anymore, there's no T, there's no friends or family, we haven't talked to anyone for months.

LUCAS

yeah I wondered if that was the reason too. I've been shielding, though we have to take the dog out daily we'd been going really early a.m. Sometimes the littles went with someone to experience the outer world a bit while no-one was about.

I haven't been anywhere with other people though (food shopping etc) so no-one has had to come up front for any length of time.
Last edited by KitMcDaydream on Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KitMcDaydream
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby KitMcDaydream » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:34 pm

Western wrote:
They won't have left you. They're still there but just quiet.

I didn't know I had dissociative disorder until recently and when my people were really busy in the old days we had some great times together. When I got older I started to ignore them because I was scared that I would get locked up. Because of this my system stopped talking to me. I missed it so much to be honest and I thought it had gone away. I didn't realise that my alters were still actually working really hard for me, albeit in a covert way but they was still there. Since I've learned that I have a dissociative disorder I have been able to contact alters that were there many many years ago and it feels so good to be back in touch.

So because of this I'm pretty sure that yours haven't gone away.

Best wishes.

Thanks. I've kind of got used to them coming out more often. I have a feeling this winter will be a long one if another big outbreak comes forcing everything back into lockdown.

-- Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:43 pm --

Sarandipity wrote:Looking back my system has donee it a couple of times over the years. Completely changed due to life circumstances or stress or no stress or a life milestone.

I see my system as dynamic and adaptable to change. Its created for that purpose if you think about it. Abuse situations are really unpredictable so the system is designed to cope, adapt and survive various situations including calm ones. So to me it's natural it reboots when necessary.

That's a point maybe its some kind of reboot. I mean the main ones who were fronting for many years disappeared and haven't been around for years.
KitMcDaydream
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post