Our partner

Finally found a T !

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Violarules, Johnny-Jack

Finally found a T !

Postby Dwelt » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:04 pm

Hello guys !
I hope all of you are doing okay.

I just wanted to share with you the really, really good news : we found a therapist.

She's not specialized into DID but is currently specializing herself into treating traumas, and she's a part of a European french-speaking association for trauma and dissociation (the AFTD, if other French systems want to know). It's how we found her, we check their member list sometimes. I've seen their online conference about DID in March, it was really great.

She's at 10min walking from my home, which means no public transport to go see her, and a very quiet, very calm road that we know really well : less anxiety about being late, or in a place we don't know at all.

She seems to have the same approach of psychology than us : a basis of psychoanalysis, completed by other theories and other types of therapy.

She has an email address, which was great for us. I know I wouldn't have been able to told her everything I wanted to say on the phone, because it would have been a trigger for Nico, and maybe even for me. As I can't see the person's body language, phones are great to trigger me into the "everything is okay" mode, and Nico thinks we shouldn't talk about our system at all to a professional because they will think we're faking.
No need to say that, after having send the email, we spend the rest of the evening and night in a deep anxiety state. It wasn't a big deal, I knew it would happen and was ready for it. Today we're all better. The quick and respectful answer of the psych also helped a lot.

So she knows about DID, she knows about the suspicion of autism, she knows what we expect ; and she's okay with all of this.

I don't want to rush into thinking it will totally be okay, we've got far too many bad experiences before, but I really hope for it.

I feel like it's the right time. Most of us want this to work and are ready to help in order to not do the same mistakes as before. The others just don't want to be exposed and then hurt if it doesn't work, but no one is against the idea like it has been the case.
French system

The ones in charge : Plume (Plume+Alix+Lea) | Daemon
The main group : Claude, protector | Kal, protector | Erdian, social-manager

"Little" group : Nicolas | Eric | Linda | Nathan | Ethan

The last two : Cassandra | Varegh, protector
Dwelt
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:55 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Finally found a T !

Postby littleDaria » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:33 pm

Dwelt wrote:I just wanted to share with you the really, really good news : we found a therapist...

I feel like it's the right time. Most of us want this to work and are ready to help in order to not do the same mistakes as before. The others just don't want to be exposed and then hurt if it doesn't work, but no one is against the idea like it has been the case.

That's wonderful news! Its good to hear your system seems to have a consensus about therapy. Inner dissention is to be expected, in our experience.
The Ohana Autonomous Collective
Daria (system age 17-23) (bio age: 50f) [NOT the Original]
Pixie (Fairy) | Ligella (Vampire) | Aloysius (60) | Snow (18) | | Mona (17)
Niki (15) | Naomi (14) | Mal (12) | Simon (11) Evora (9) | Willow (9) |
Ophelia (8) | Alia (6) | Denise (4) [possibly original] | Aura (3) | Newt (2/3) | Boo (2)
littleDaria
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:55 pm

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:11 pm

That's great, Dwelt! All good signs, so far.

When is your first appointment?
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:55 pm

Postby MakersDozn » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:18 pm

So happy for you, Dwelt. :)

We certainly can relate to your feelings of anxiety, but we hope that your appointment goes well. Good luck!

MDs
Multiple self-dxed 1996. Body 58f. System of 47: 42 ♀, 5 ♂; 17 littles (7+under), 9 middles (8-11), 14 teens (12-17+), 5 bigs (18+up), + a formless yin/yang. Oldest member is 25.

Notable: Charity 25, Deborah 23, Drew 23f, Mary 23, Rachel 23, Laura 17.5, Allegra 17, Cass 17, shawn 16f.
Blog | Our Story | Journey
MakersDozn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:55 pm

Postby exul » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:24 am

hi there!

it's amazing news and we're so happpy for you!

even though she doesn't specialize in DID, she can still be a very good therapist and help you as much as she can. we too have a T that doesn't specialize in dissociative disorders but specializes in complex trauma, and she's the best one we've had so far!

we hope you'll manage to work well with her and later maybe trust her enough to disclose more about your condition.

good luck with everything!

Mi & Nico
body: 20, f
posters/mains:
Mi (12-15, non-binary), Guardian/Jason (40ish, m), Angelo (14-16, m), Xavier (15, m).

others:
Benedict (42, m), Rebecca (14/16, f), Miles (8, m), Little Girl/Ari (7, f), Viola (5, f), Leo (19, m), JR (27, m), Nathan (25ish, m), 0 (teen, m), (...)
exul
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Blog: View Blog (12)

Postby ArbreMonde » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:01 pm

This is awesome! We are all happy for you guys!

♥ Lust ♥
Multiple system Dx autistic, depression, c-PTSD...

They/them: --Zami--
He/him: -X- or -David- | oOo van H. oOo | //Ulysses// | °Isaïa° | ((Wolf)) | {Envy} | #Uriel# | {Wrath} | .....
She/her: ~Theia~ | oOo Mrs. H. oOo | *Reyna* | ♥Lust♥ | .....

Journey thread
ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby fireheart » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:51 pm

Really happy for you. :)
fireheart
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Johnny-Jack » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:03 pm

This is really good news Dwelt and your cautious optimism sounds like just the right mindset for now.
Forum rules

Dx = DID. My blog. My personal Periodic Table of alters.
Ab Ad Al Am An Ar As Ba Be Br Ca Cb Ch Cl Cm Cn Co Cp Ct Cu Cv D Eb Ed Er Es F Fl Ga Gd Go Gr Gw He Hk Hs Ht I J Jh Jk Jn Jy Ke Ki Kn Ky Li Lu Md Mi Mt Mx Mz Ne Ni O Pe Pi Q Ra Rd Ry Sc Se Sh Sk Sx Tk Ty U V Wa Wi X Y Ze Zn
Johnny-Jack
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:55 pm
Blog: View Blog (45)

Postby Zor » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:46 pm

That's great news. We're all very happy for you guys.

Katya
(Body - Male, 39)
Zor - primary host & main poster
The rest of us: {\Pixie/}, Kaitie-Lynn (aka "Kitten"), Kaleb, Angel, Katya, Satin, Charles, Chloe, Noah, and a few rarely seen
Zor
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:55 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Ponyta » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:06 pm

We're glad to hear the good news! :)
There are A LOT of us: 140+.

Emma (host)
Ponyta
Consumer 6