Our partner

Age?

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Violarules, Johnny-Jack

Age?

Postby Sarandipity » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:14 am

I saw the post about teenagers. I dunno what age I am. I'd have to take a quiz or something. I say "I'm 3000 years old" as a joke firstly because I read "women are born 3000 years old" and secondly the OL says he's really really old.

So my question is, if you don't just take the body age how do you know how old you are?

Sarah

-- Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:22 am --

One quiz said I'm an adolescent. One said I'm 50. I'm going with 3000.

But still how do you know?
Monte Carlo or Bust
Rose and Patrick
Batcho and Fortune (twins), Paul and Lilly,
No-one and Peter, Beth and Karen, Mandy and Mouse plus a seperate system of fragments including: rabit and others.
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:16 am
Blog: View Blog (2)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Age?

Postby Dwelt » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:40 am

It's just about how we feel, act and look inside. It's pretty subjective for most of us.

There's only few of us who are 100% sure of their age : Ethan (2), Claude (16), Cassandra (14), Nathan (5). But it's because their age match specific events in our life.

For the others, it's the age that is the more close to how we feel/act, judging by how old they look, what was expected from us at this age, and what can be socially expected from people at this age.

There's only Varegh who don't really have an age, we say he's around 30yo because he looks that age when he takes a human form, but he's a dragon. Age doesn't mean anything to him, technically he doesn't really have one and it makes him laugh when we try to give him an age.

Not feeling related to any age happens, and it's not a DID thing. I know some people who aren't able to give themselves an age.

I think it's like gender ; aside of the biology side of the thing, it's mixed up with how you see yourself and how your culture and society see people of your age, or at a specific age. If your perceptions yourself don't match any precise representation of any age in your culture and/or society, then "knowing" your age will be complicated.
French system

The ones in charge : Plume (Plume+Alix+Lea) | Daemon
The main group : Claude, protector | Kal, protector | Erdian, social-manager

"Little" group : Nicolas | Eric | Linda | Nathan | Ethan

The last two : Cassandra | Varegh, protector
Dwelt
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:16 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Sarandipity » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:53 am

Dwelt wrote:It's just about how we feel, act and look inside. It's pretty subjective for most of us.

There's only few of us who are 100% sure of their age : Ethan (2), Claude (16), Cassandra (14), Nathan (5). But it's because their age match specific events in our life.

For the others, it's the age that is the more close to how we feel/act, judging by how old they look, what was expected from us at this age, and what can be socially expected from people at this age.

There's only Varegh who don't really have an age, we say he's around 30yo because he looks that age when he takes a human form, but he's a dragon. Age doesn't mean anything to him, technically he doesn't really have one and it makes him laugh when we try to give him an age.

Not feeling related to any age happens, and it's not a DID thing. I know some people who aren't able to give themselves an age.

I think it's like gender ; aside of the biology side of the thing, it's mixed up with how you see yourself and how your culture and society see people of your age, or at a specific age. If your perceptions yourself don't match any precise representation of any age in your culture and/or society, then "knowing" your age will be complicated.

Ok, so it's perception. How you perceive yourself. Ummm, ok. I still dunno what my age would be if I had a different one from the body - maybe I just have the body age. Sarah
Monte Carlo or Bust
Rose and Patrick
No-one and Peter, Beth and Karen, Mandy and Mouse plus a seperate system of fragments including: rabit and others.
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Zor » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:29 pm

So our ages were "leaping" with the body... like Angel and I... when we first like were around I guess we were similar aged to the body... but like later when the next tough stuff happened we like got older to the same age as it again... kinda lurching and jumping forward... That kinda happened for some of us until about 13-14...

At that point, things got stable, safe, and calm... and we inside didn't age again... so there were some of us (Myself, Angel, Kitten, Kaleb, Satin & charles) all like 12-14... others at like 8-10, and Chloe was a lot younger inside then...

But like in 2008 or so when we got online and started to "reach out" to Zor as friends and still didn't know our like nature or how we existed... time kinda anchored inside to outside, and we've aged since then like normal.
So us that were 12-14 are in our early 20's... Chloe however is 13 and seems "stuck" there- that IS the body age when she appeared- and cuz of Zor's dad being overseas a year and his mom being super sick and stuff, starving herself... so like the "abandonment" and post-sexual abuse (the second offender- first was as a toddler, the next 10 years later at like 12) stuggles... kinda created her we guess...

And, is it weird we don't yet feel like HIS parents are our's?! Cuz like inside we have lives, friends, families, etc. We have our parents inside. They're not fully alters/parts like we are, but they're like there. I guess we're not close enough or integrated enough to feel "our" parents is right to say yet?

{\Pixie/}
(Body - Male, 39)
Zor - primary host & main poster
The rest of us: {\Pixie/}, Kaitie-Lynn (aka "Kitten"), Kaleb, Angel, Katya, Satin, Charles, Chloe, Noah, and a few rarely seen
Zor
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:16 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby MakersDozn » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:37 pm

None of us age with the body, which is now 58. We agree that it's all about perceived age.

We have two who are non-corporeal and whom we perceive as ageless. I am the oldest of everyone else. Without going into unnecessary detail, I'm 25 because I as an individual felt mildly traumatized when the body turned 25, and I resolved never to age beyond that point. (We didn't know then that we were multiple, but I identify personally with that memory.)

Charity
Multiple self-dxed 1996. Body 58f. System of 47: 42 ♀, 5 ♂; 17 littles (7+under), 9 middles (8-11), 14 teens (12-17+), 5 bigs (18+up), + a formless yin/yang. Oldest member is 25.

Notable: Charity 25, Deborah 23, Drew 23f, Mary 23, Rachel 23, Laura 17.5, Allegra 17, Cass 17, shawn 16f.
Blog | Our Story | Journey
MakersDozn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:16 am

Postby Sarandipity » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:28 pm

Zor wrote:

And, is it weird we don't yet feel like HIS parents are our's?! Cuz like inside we have lives, friends, families, etc. We have our parents inside. They're not fully alters/parts like we are, but they're like there. I guess we're not close enough or integrated enough to feel "our" parents is right to say yet?

{\Pixie/}

Nobody except me and No-one identifies as having the parents as our parents. Everyone else was sa by unknown or at least unmentioned parents and adopted by Pat and Rose.

In hospital at 18 when they came to visit I apparently said
"I don't know these people. They are not my parents" I also called them by their first names until my sister called them mum and dad and I was laughed at for calling them their names.

I wonder if this type of dissociation from being related to the abusive parents is common?

Sarah (and possibly No-one)

-- Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:33 pm --

MakersDozn wrote:None of us age with the body, which is now 58. We agree that it's all about perceived age.

We have two who are non-corporeal and whom we perceive as ageless. I am the oldest of everyone else. Without going into unnecessary detail, I'm 25 because I as an individual felt mildly traumatized when the body turned 25, and I resolved never to age beyond that point. (We didn't know then that we were multiple, but I identify personally with that memory.)

Charity

Hi Charity, yes No-one is 19 because a sa trauma happened at that age and until then she just lived with the psychological abuse of being told she was no-one etc. So that makes sense.

I don't personally relate to any trauma. No matter how many times I'm made aware of it. Even adult trauma. I have no personal trauma. Maybe that's why I don't have an age.

Conversely similar to Zor is saying the Overlord or Peter is really really old and he's had loads of personal trauma or relates to it or witnessed it or was gate keeper.

I guess it can go either way but I dunno, I don't feel the body age or a particular age but lots of people don't feel their age, maybe it's simply that for me.

Thanks, Sarah (and possibly No-one)
Monte Carlo or Bust
Rose and Patrick
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Nobleman » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:21 pm

I recently reemerged after being inside for around 9 years. The body is now 28 but I feel like i've only aged a few years to 21 or so. I'm not sure. Maybe i'm still 19. It's all pretty confusing.
I'm not diagnosed but i've suspected DID for a while now. In the past year insiders have started to make their presence known.
Daniel (Co-Host, 19) ,David (Co-Host,18) Evan (Ish, ?) Kevin (Protector, 18) Alex(Protector, 17) Spencer (17) Alo ( ?) Flynn (15) Noah (Persecutor, 12) Charlie (7) Dee (Core, ?)
Nobleman
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:16 am

Postby Zor » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:14 am

Sarandipity wrote:Nobody except me and No-one identifies as having the parents as our parents. Everyone else was sa by unknown or at least unmentioned parents and adopted by Pat and Rose.

"I don't know these people. They are not my parents" I also called them by their first names until my sister called them mum and dad and I was laughed at for calling them their names.

I wonder if this type of dissociation from being related to the abusive parents is common?

That could be a thingy... though we didn't get like abused by his parents- not overtly, directly, or intentionally... cuz like the worst they did was the fighting, drinking, avoiding things kinda thing... and that wasn't like intended to be hurtful or at us- and even not so severe to what other ppl we know have gone through... BUT it was after Angel and I were here, so like we kinda had that "defense mechanism" already in place and familiar, I guess. IDK

But it IS nice to know we're not alone in NOT ID'ing with his parents. :)

{\Pixie/}
(Body - Male, 39)
Zor - primary host & main poster
The rest of us: {\Pixie/}, Kaitie-Lynn (aka "Kitten"), Kaleb, Angel, Katya, Satin, Charles, Chloe, Noah, and a few rarely seen
Zor
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:16 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Sarandipity » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:17 pm

Zor wrote:
Sarandipity wrote:Nobody except me and No-one identifies as having the parents as our parents. Everyone else was sa by unknown or at least unmentioned parents and adopted by Pat and Rose.

That could be a thingy... though we didn't get like abused by his parents- not overtly, directly, or intentionally... cuz like the worst they did was the fighting, drinking, avoiding things kinda thing... and that wasn't like intended to be hurtful or at us- and even not so severe to what other ppl we know have gone through... BUT it was after Angel and I were here, so like we kinda had that "defense mechanism" already in place and familiar, I guess. IDK

But it IS nice to know we're not alone in NOT ID'ing with his parents. :)

{\Pixie/}

That's still trauma Pixie.
Monte Carlo or Bust
Rose and Patrick
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Alliana » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:46 pm

Hi, my animal alter and I am the same age together which is 39. Yeah, I am not really interesting but just thought to contribute to this thread.
Alliana
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:16 am

Next

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum