Our partner

Age?

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Violarules, Johnny-Jack

Re: Age?

Postby ArbreMonde » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:08 am

I don't think any of us have the age of the body in here.

Me (Uriel) : billions of years
Zami : a few thousands
Theia : a few thousands
Wrath : in his 60s (or, sometimes, 8 )
Pride : 3
David : 48
Lust : a bit less than a century
Ulysses : 22
Envy : a couple of centuries
van H. : a few centuries

The others see themselves as "adult".

#Uriel#
Multiple system Dx autistic, depression, c-PTSD...

They/them: --Zami--
He/him: -X- or -David- | oOo van H. oOo | //Ulysses// | °Isaïa° | {Envy} | #Uriel# | {Wrath|Pride} (sub-system) | .....
She/her: ~Theia~ | oOo Mrs. H. oOo | *Reyna* | ♥Lust♥ | .....

Journey thread
ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:36 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby exul » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:01 am

Sarandipity wrote:So my question is, if you don't just take the body age how do you know how old you are?

Sarah

-- Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:22 am --

One quiz said I'm an adolescent. One said I'm 50. I'm going with 3000.

But still how do you know?

personally for us is a mixture of how we look inside and how we feel, but that doesn't mean it will be the same for you.

almost none of us has a precise age, and most of us age-slide of 3 or 4 years at a time. that is because the number is not actually what is important: it is the general age. that means toddler, child, teenager, young adult, and adult. those ages have symbolism for us.

when being a toddler/child, you need to be protected and retain your innocence. you have no faults and your only duty is to play and be happy. that is the reason why our littles all live together inside a big house with Benedict (an adult, fatherly/motherly figure) looking after them.

when you're a teenager, you start having more responsibilities and you start to find your place in the world. you're malleable and experiment with many kinds of things, and you learn to deal with yourself and emotions. for example, Mi, Nico and Xavier all are formed from three different aspects of adolescence (idealism, independency/loneliness, and experimentalism respectively).

when you're an adult, in our head, you're supposed to have a stable personality and know yourself well enough to be able to regulate yourself and be responsible for your own and other's lives.
that's why, if we take the Guardian and Benedict, they're both very stable personalities, have a very stable role and values, and have been like that since we can remember.

this is also the reason why Nico had to switch ages some months ago. he was stuck with his depression and apathy, but could not heal and/or change because he was an adult. he stuck to what he knew, and that wasn't good for his mental state. now that he's a teenager again, he can change and rediscover himself.

this said, no one ages with the body and no one has the same appearance as the body either for us!

if you want to/need to find out what your age is, try applying different labels to yourself. try to think, maybe, "am I a child?" "am I an adult?" and see what feels right for you. then you work from there if you want a precise number.

good luck and hope this helps!
body: 20, f
posters/mains:
Mi (12-15, non-binary), Guardian/Jason (40ish, m), Angelo (14-16, m), Xavier (15, m).

others:
Benedict (42, m), Rebecca (14/16, f), Miles (8, m), Little Girl/Ari (7, f), Viola (5, f), Leo (19, m), JR (27, m), Nathan (25ish, m), 0 (teen, m), (...)
exul
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Blog: View Blog (13)

Postby KitMcDaydream » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:29 am

None of us are emotionally or mentally the same age as the body, though one alter who fronts for public appointments has the ability to at least appear to fit the age of the body if needed, (behaviour wise) which is 'middle aged', though we often get told we also look much younger than the body is. People who know both us and sibling often assume I'm the one's that significantly younger, which annoys the hell out of sibling! :D

Some of the younger alters we've guessed at their age based on how they choose to appear, what they like to do, or what stage they seem to have got stuck at. (eg if a 'trauma' or life changing event happened at roughly the age they appear to present at).
KitMcDaydream
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:36 pm

Postby MakersDozn » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:59 pm

Interesting perspective, exul folks. Most of us tend to be precise about things, which is why it's so helpful to see another point of view.

About looking younger than the body...We were carded until the body was at least 30, which was annoying at the time. People tended to treat us as the age that they thought they were, which was frustrating because society's traditional value of respecting one's elders meant that not only hadn't we earned respect yet, we appeared farther from it than we actually were.

Flash forward to now, when the body is in its late fifties. Teenage cashiers at McDonalt's assume we get a senior (55+) discount, which means that we now look our age. And the whole "respect your elders" thing has gone out the window, so all these decades of surviving life and waiting to be an elder have all been for naught. People have started to realize that in one sense, respect has to be earned.

Certainly we survivors know that there are any number of adults who don't/didn't deserve our respect. But in a way, we feel cheated.

MDs
Multiple self-dxed 1996. Body 58f. System of 47: 42 ♀, 5 ♂; 17 littles (7+under), 9 middles (8-11), 14 teens (12-17+), 5 bigs (18+up), + a formless yin/yang. Oldest member is 25.

Notable: Charity 25, Deborah 23, Drew 23f, Mary 23, Rachel 23, Laura 17.5, Allegra 17, Cass 17, shawn 16f.
Blog | Our Story | Journey
MakersDozn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:36 am

Postby Sarandipity » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:42 am

I like this idea of how old I emotionally feel and how I am to guage my age but I still can't do it. Maybe it's because I keep having co-fronts at the moment. The only one who talks to me is Batcho but I can basically guess who is with me by physical pain that I know is theirs or what clothes I put on and then Batcho comes back and they go and I'm back in joggers and a vest - grey ones which he says reminds him he's supposed to be in prison because he's a criminal genius. Rose and Beth like dresses. No-one likes black and play suits. The guys deal with whatever clothes but Pat likes to be smart and Paul likes the make up, he feels hidden by it I think even though logically nobody can see him. Usually I don't wear makeup.

I'm probably 30's. But that's me guessing again and going by the last time I was around for an extended period but oblivious to others.

Thanks all of you. You have given me stuff to consider in this so far. Sarah
Monte Carlo or Bust
Rose and Patrick
Batcho and Fortune (twins), Paul and Lilly,
No-one and Peter, Beth and Karen, Mandy and Mouse plus a seperate system of fragments including: rabit and others.
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby exul » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:40 am

MakersDozn wrote:Interesting perspective, exul folks. Most of us tend to be precise about things, which is why it's so helpful to see another point of view.

we're really glad this was helpful for you! :)

Sarandipity wrote:I'm probably 30's. But that's me guessing again and going by the last time I was around for an extended period but oblivious to others.

Thanks all of you. You have given me stuff to consider in this so far. Sarah

again it's completely fine to not know, in our perspective. nothing has to be really precise. time will tell, maybe you' become more knowledgeable about yourself and the others and then you'll be able to tell with accuracy.

this just to say that we hope you're not worrying too much about this!
body: 20, f
posters/mains:
Mi (12-15, non-binary), Guardian/Jason (40ish, m), Angelo (14-16, m), Xavier (15, m).

others:
Benedict (42, m), Rebecca (14/16, f), Miles (8, m), Little Girl/Ari (7, f), Viola (5, f), Leo (19, m), JR (27, m), Nathan (25ish, m), 0 (teen, m), (...)
exul
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Blog: View Blog (13)

Postby Sarandipity » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:00 am

Thanks Exul. Not so much worried but wondering. I could tell people other alters ages roughly but my age I always just took to be the body age but it could be I am a different age to the body, I dunno. When I think about it it doesn't make sense to me to be a different age from the body but because I know other alters are different ages I think maybe I am too. It was a wondering about this, trying to understand how it works in my system for these ages and to relate to it so I guess it's more an understanding issue than me worrying what age I am - as you say - so thanks.
Monte Carlo or Bust
Rose and Patrick
Batcho and Fortune (twins), Paul and Lilly,
No-one and Peter, Beth and Karen, Mandy and Mouse plus a seperate system of fragments including: rabit and others.
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby littleDaria » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:32 pm

Our body is 53 years old but we've never in our life have we felt older than 15 or so, perhaps younger.

Our alters have ages because they are from specific times in our past.
The Ohana Autonomous Collective
Daria (system age 17-23) (bio age: 50f) [NOT the Original]
Pixie (Fairy) | Ligella (Vampire) | Aloysius (60) | Snow (18) | | Mona (17)
Niki (15) | Naomi (14) | Mal (12) | Simon (11) Evora (9) | Willow (9) |
Ophelia (8) | Alia (6) | Denise (4) [possibly original] | Aura (3) | Newt (2/3) | Boo (2)
littleDaria
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:36 am

Previous

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum