Our partner

Alters images?

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Johnny-Jack

Re: Alters images?

Postby SystemFlo » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:13 pm

Thanks MDs. Good to see you too. :D

LUCAS
Dx DID
main system:
Flor F adult co-host
Sami M 15-26 (age slider) system manager, defender
Lucas M 17 caretaker
Leon M 4
etc.

subsystem:
Fourteen M 14 co-host, trauma holder, persecutor:
- teens: Rain, Golden, Romeo, London, Random, Diamonds
- several groups
- littles: Paris, Milan, Milo, etc.
SystemFlo
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:38 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Western » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:54 pm

This is interesting. Mine look like different variations of me. Sometimes I look in the mirror and I see a face that's like mine but a little bit different. May be more male or more female. Sometimes younger and sometimes older.
Western
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:38 am

Postby Jessica6 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:02 am

Sarandipity wrote::?
Screenshot_20200621_101908.jpg
This is Peter or the Overlord, the monk, how he sees himself.

-- Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:20 am --

Karen said she was Karen Carpenter when we were kids so she's kinda stuck with this.but she's OK about it.

-- Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:22 am --

This is how I see Mandy carrying Mouse. They say its the gist to be fair.

OMG I just literally learned what like faceclaiming was then I found all this- this is so cool!

But I really just wanted to say that I was scrolling and I'm like That's Karen Carpenter and then I seen you said that. OMG Karen could do so much worse than her her voice was simply divine! Liquid and honeyed and there wasn't another voice like hers in the whole world it was dreamy. I think that's a wonderful choice to use! Just saying if you don't mind me saying it.
OSDD-1b (perhaps):

Jessica (f, 25 PV)
Steph(m,50s orig, body, SV)/-Samantha (f,31 SQ)
-Sabrina (f,12 v)
--Stefanie (f,16 v)

Albert (m,14 q)
Nameless One (m,? q)

Charlie (m,5 q)
Aurora (f,70s? q)

P=Primary S=Secondary V/v=Vocal Q/q=Quiet
The world needs more unicorns.
Jessica6
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:38 am
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Amythyst » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:49 am

ooo fun thread!

i hope the others dont give me heck for sharing this but me & Em have a pic.

we don't have pics of Teg or Ciara yet

Viola & Em

i'm the short one with the ears & tail, Em's the tall one with the sword ^^

viola
Ciara(10f); Em(22f); Teg(6f); Viola(17f); et cetera
Dx: DID; previously depression, bipolar.(New) Journey Thread
Amythyst
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:38 am

Postby Jessica6 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:15 pm

Amythyst wrote:ooo fun thread!

i hope the others dont give me heck for sharing this but me & Em have a pic.

we don't have pics of Teg or Ciara yet

Viola & Em

i'm the short one with the ears & tail, Em's the tall one with the sword ^^

viola

Oh, WOW!

You're so cute, and Em is so boss! We like those both!

Yeah- oh I'm Stephanie. So it's so funny, we are beginning to watch some videos on OSDD/DID from a OSDD system, and we'll either hear her tell us something that we realize we have been already doing, or we'll hear her describe something and then find it here! Like no sooner had we heard about faceclaiming, that we found this thread- Sabrina was looking for something that had nothing to do with finding images that matches one's inner selves, but it just so happened we stumbled upon this!

We are all super eager to do it, except Steph, 'cause he's like OMG he's just old and stuff. So I don't think he'll participate. Or maybe we can get him to at least pick something LOL.

But we've promised- well Sam did- to Sabrina she gets to look first. And then Sam. Me, I'm still learning about myself- does that make sense? The more I'm out, the more the system learns. But it's still real new. So I've got some ideas but we've learned not to rush things. Then they just jam up and get stuck. But Sabrina and Samantha are pretty sure of what they look like, and I even think Albert might have an idea, and maybe even Charlie! Oh and Sabrina might split, we feel something going on with her- but see, she split from Sammie really soon after all this became covert. Is that the word?
A few years ago.

But anyway I think they'll be looking when they get the time, at pictures for just what 'fits'.

And in the meantime we really like Em and Viola! Oh, Viola! You know one time the body's partner had ears and a tail for dress up, that move on their own. Or at least the ears do. Maybe not the tail. Do you have anything like that, that you can wear sometimes to feel more like yourself? The ears that move by themselves are tres cute. We thought of that last night when we were thinking about you, probably Sabrina thought of it, she thinks being a cat girl is totally awesome.
OSDD-1b (perhaps):

Jessica (f, 25 PV)
-Sabrina (f,12 v)
--Stefanie (f,16 v)

Albert (m,14 q)
Nameless One (m,? q)

Charlie (m,5 q)
Aurora (f,70s? q)

Jessica6
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Amythyst » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:08 pm

hello Stephanie

thankyou for thinking about us <3

viola doesnt wanna waear the costume eras and tail cos she says it makes her feel fake & pretend
and gets in the way of her real ears and tail cos she can feel those even if nobody else can see them
she thinks the costume ones are neat tho

its ok not to be sure who you are or what you look like
when i first woke up i didn't know
i didnt even have a name
but i figured it out eventually
i found a name i liked & that was me
:)

we hope you find images that fit you all
me & teg know what we look like but dunno if we wanna look for pictures

ciara
Ciara(10f); Em(22f); Teg(6f); Viola(17f); et cetera
Dx: DID; previously depression, bipolar.(New) Journey Thread
Amythyst
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:38 am

Postby Jessica6 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:02 am

Amythyst wrote:hello Stephanie

thankyou for thinking about us <3

viola doesnt wanna waear the costume eras and tail cos she says it makes her feel fake & pretend
and gets in the way of her real ears and tail cos she can feel those even if nobody else can see them
she thinks the costume ones are neat tho

its ok not to be sure who you are or what you look like
when i first woke up i didn't know
i didnt even have a name
but i figured it out eventually
i found a name i liked & that was me
:)

we hope you find images that fit you all
me & teg know what we look like but dunno if we wanna look for pictures

ciara

I agree, ciara, it's frightfully hard to look for photos, even if you have a pretty good idea of what you look like!

Especially if you're like, switchy or something- today we've not felt solidly anyone, and so it's been a bit fuzzy, for any of us to front and really know who's who!

Oh, and I understand about the ears and tail! That actually makes a lot of sense- I mean, that it'd feel fake. I mean, take our body it's... male. Imagine me typing that will a droll expression, rolling my eyes, hating the letters as they roll off my fingertips, and you'll understand. But if we were like to dress like a girl LOL oh my God that would be just silly. Hideous, isn't too strong a word. It's completely pointless. I mean completely! So I think I understand about the ears and tail. It's like, I can't speak for the others- well I know Sabrina takes the body really hard, but for me, it's like, I know who I am, enough to look in the mirror and deal with the reality of the situation. I have MY internal vision of ME, and I've had it in vague generalities (general body type, complexion, hair, eyes, face shape, etc) almost since I come out. I don't need external validation for myself- I'm secure enough in my internal sense of me, that while I'd obviously prefer to have my own body, I'm not going to go thru histrionics to put lipstick on a pig.

So, yes, I totally feel you, with the ears and tail, Viola! I'm sorry we even thought about it, now- well I think Sabrina was the one who first thought about it, she thought it would be like, totally kawaii or something. But we have a better understanding now- and even feel as if we borderline insulted you! Forgive us, sweetie! <3

Well, so even though we're kinda fuzzy today, Sabrina and I went searching for something that 'felt' right. Sabrina was the hardest- we let her go first, and it was very hard, to find something that really stands out at her- I'm not sure it's almost as if she wants to find a living caricature. I think.

It was super hard, helping her find something that resonated. The hair and eyes have to be just right, there has to be just the right amount of body fat- Sabrina is... 'chunky' is too much, but not skinny, either. And while she's slightly chubby, she's not like very buxom, even for a 14 year old. Most things she found were too much one way, or the other. It was like, too fat, or much too skinny, or too old, or the hair not quite right- indeed, this hair ought to be a tad darker. But.. finally something leapt off the screen:

I am looking at that, and thinking wow I just don't feel that at all- but of course, I'm not her! She was more in front, when we went searching, and she was like that's it!! that's as close as we can probably do- just the hair a bit blacker, the body a tad chubbier. Maybe a tiny bit older looking? But not much- I mean I don't know how you're supposed to find the exact right face, when you're an alt.

I was rather easier: It's not hard, at all- merely a matter of finding something that feels right, without too much overthinking it. I'm blonde; blue eyed; medium long hair- now, I DO prefer it in a ponytail, at least that's what I feel like- I'm a ponytail girl! Medium build. My face can be a little long, in some lights. My sense of height is actually the vaguest thing about me. I think I wish I were taller, than I am, if that makes sense.

I... I don't know- I feel as if I looked for longer, I could do a better job. But I found myself comparing two celebrities, Agnetha Faltskog, and Nancy Sinatra. Nancy just simply didn't feel right- yet too many photos of Agnetha felt... too 'Nordic'? But finally, one photo jumped out at me, and I'm fairly pleased with it:

IF..... I could have found her in a damned ponytail, it would have been perfect! Actually, I found one with her hair tied in a loose tail, but she was a bit too old in that photo- I mean I'm grown up, but 31 isn't THAT old. But it seems as if braids was the vast majority of her hair anything other than hanging free. I'm sorry, I ain't the Swiss Miss girl. So I settled on that. Just picture that with a ponytail, and that's as good as anything!

I... I think I know a good photo for Steph but he'd simply kill me if I did it- also I really don't want to push it- we've been very good, about staying very far away from us, when the Main is admin-ing. But everyone has a breaking point, so I'm simply not going to tease him with what I think fits him.

<3 Samantha <3

OSDD-1b (perhaps):

Jessica (f, 25 PV)
-Sabrina (f,12 v)
--Stefanie (f,16 v)

Albert (m,14 q)
Nameless One (m,? q)

Charlie (m,5 q)
Aurora (f,70s? q)

Jessica6
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Jessica6 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:23 am

I could use a little more boob, but otherwise that's me! Yayyyy thank you Samantha OMG you're the best sister a girl could ever have. Mostly. Some of the time.

And you're pretty too!

For an old person :twisted:
OSDD-1b (perhaps):

Jessica (f, 25 PV)
-Sabrina (f,12 v)
--Stefanie (f,16 v)

Albert (m,14 q)
Nameless One (m,? q)

Charlie (m,5 q)
Aurora (f,70s? q)

Jessica6
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Jessica6 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:39 am

So like that's what I'd look like, if I had a body? But it's not what I want to look like?

It's a pretty little mask, not ME! Hahaha! Cause I'm Art! Eye! FISHAL!!!

https://youtu.be/f9NB6mIyXWI
OSDD-1b (perhaps):

Jessica (f, 25 PV)
-Sabrina (f,12 v)
--Stefanie (f,16 v)

Albert (m,14 q)
Nameless One (m,? q)

Charlie (m,5 q)
Aurora (f,70s? q)

Jessica6
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Jessica6 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:18 am

The system- well, Steph- felt like I needed to be out, to have a quiet word with a friend. We were... not able to very well, but we found that looking at my photo, really seemed to help. Just quieted ourselves down, looked at the photo until we felt ourselves become more me. Once Agnetha felt sufficiently 'right', we felt free to continue as me, and do what needed doing. And now, I feel perfectly normal- for Samantha, of course.

As silly as he feels about it, I'm beginning to think that for some of us, for some instances, that having a graphical representation that matches our general self-perception, is a very handy thing- if nothing else, when the system feels an urgency, for one part, or another, to front and address a problem. Thank you very much, Sarandipity, for starting this thread!

<3 Samantha <3

OSDD-1b (perhaps):

Jessica (f, 25 PV)
-Sabrina (f,12 v)
--Stefanie (f,16 v)

Albert (m,14 q)
Nameless One (m,? q)

Charlie (m,5 q)
Aurora (f,70s? q)

Jessica6
Consumer 5
Consumer 5