Our partner

Distant and angry alter

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Violarules, Johnny-Jack

Distant and angry alter

Postby Panther1830 » Wed May 27, 2020 5:27 pm

My alter is keeping his anger towards me every time I get close to him. He wants to stay unpersonal and controlling. Cause he thinks he's all that. All hell listen to is a friend that thinks he's all that as well. He wants to stay this way for life and wants to get what he wants cause he wants me to believe I'm him. Which is causing friction. Can any alter help around teen years to help me talk to him?
Panther1830
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Distant and angry alter

Postby Zor » Sat May 30, 2020 6:06 pm

Panther1830 wrote:My alter is keeping his anger towards me every time I get close to him. He wants to stay unpersonal and controlling. Cause he thinks he's all that. All hell listen to is a friend that thinks he's all that as well. He wants to stay this way for life and wants to get what he wants cause he wants me to believe I'm him. Which is causing friction. Can any alter help around teen years to help me talk to him?

We have like this, too. Cutting/scratching us a lot lately as nightmares happen more, as triggers happen more, as trauma is being uncovered and processed/talked about. It's VERY hard. We've had no contact with this shadow... IDK if that's a name or title. It's just what it's called.
It's a self-sabotaging type, which causes issues in games and relationships sometimes, and can "pose as" any of us or act as if one of us... the idea to push people away to keep from being too close, to prevent being hurt.

IDK How to get them closer, honestly. Our hope is that by getting THROUGH the things it fears and being healthier, better in spite of it, that this healing will help show this one it's wrong and we don't need to fear these things. That it is ok to let them out - and MAYBE that will get our shadow talking and being willing to reconsider the harmful form of "protection" it tries to do for us.

If you know of an alter close to this part, if there IS one, you can try and get that one to reach out. Maybe a passive "I know you're there and hurting, do you want to talk" kind of invitation in a journal or common shared space to try and get the one draw closer... IDK.
(Body - Male, 39)
Zor - primary host & main poster
The rest of us: {\Pixie/}, Kaitie-Lynn (aka "Kitten"), Kaleb, Angel, Katya, Satin, Charles, Chloe, Noah, and a few rarely seen
Zor
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:45 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post