Our partner

DID and hypnosis thread

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Violarules, Johnny-Jack

DID and hypnosis thread

Postby LadyNahna » Wed May 27, 2020 12:43 am

Hello!

I’d love to hear anybody with DID/OSDD’s experience with hypnosis. Has anybody else accidentally stumbled into their inner world? Does anybody know about hypnosis and trauma healing? Super curious about this. Thanks!

- Nahna
LadyNahna
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:56 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: DID and hypnosis thread

Postby Nondescript » Thu May 28, 2020 3:20 am

Hi Nahna,

I just have to compliment you on your name. Ktiir helwe (transliteration of "very beautiful" in Arabic.) :)

We are extremely responsive to hypnosis and have a lot of experience with various applications of it. To avoid totally outing ourselves, we won't go into detail.

Actually, one of the things that brought about our awakening was this: One of us heard about a shamanic journey-ing type workshop and wanted to go. It was deeply out of character for me, but I knew that in the past I'd been "into" that sort of stuff. All kinds of weird (dissociative) things were happening to me around that time, and I was noticing them. The workshop was led by someone I knew from an unrelated social circle, so I decided to attend.

During the workshop, I "journeyed" down to the roots of the world tree, and while there, I discovered... children. People that I'd never met before, but that I understood to be undoubtedly "real" and affiliated with me, but not in a supernatural way. It felt very heavy and important. I was deeply shaken, and I don't remember all the details, but it led to me being "diagnosed" as having DID.

I was always familiar with inner worlds, and a little confused that other people did not seem to have much of one. But as I got older, I lost connection/entrance to ours and thought they had disappeared. When I saw the children, I "sensed" where they were from in the inner world and was shocked to that the world as not just a fleeting thing of childhood.
Nondescript
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:56 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Zor » Sat May 30, 2020 5:55 pm

LadyNahna wrote:Hello!

I’d love to hear anybody with DID/OSDD’s experience with hypnosis. Has anybody else accidentally stumbled into their inner world? Does anybody know about hypnosis and trauma healing? Super curious about this. Thanks!

- Nahna

totally apart from hypnosis I did ONCE... and only once.
I forget the reason or details of what was going on, but I was about to put on a flannel (I wear them as overshirts around the house much of the year when it's cool in the house) and suddenly I was in the snow outside in a clear field with a small bench by a fallen tree where a new young tree was beginning to grow.

Next thing I know, Pixie comes walking over through ankle-deep snow, dressed as Tinker Bell - apparently that was somehow MY Fault since she was in leggings and t-shirt in her house until that moment suddenly...
Anyhow, she sat and we talked, I put my shirt over her to cover her bare shoulders to try and warm her a little. We had a good conversation about our situation - we were new in our awareness of being connected and part of the same system. It was a very hard time...

When I suddenly found myself out again, the shirt was not on me, but laying beside me like I'd put it on someone and they vanished and it just fell to the bed where I was sitting.

That place we met was a special place inside for Pixie, and Angel by extension, but no one else had ever been there... it is the ONE TIME I've been inside.

So yeah, that's the one time I "stumbled" into the inner world...

As for the rest, I wish we could give some insight or opinions... but our T doesn't think hypnosis is very good or credible on its own, at least not for DID therapy. He prefers Mindfulness as a practice.
(Body - Male, 39)
Zor - primary host & main poster
The rest of us: {\Pixie/}, Kaitie-Lynn (aka "Kitten"), Kaleb, Angel, Katya, Satin, Charles, Chloe, Noah, and a few rarely seen
Zor
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:56 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Ratio » Sun May 31, 2020 2:56 am

For me hypnosis is like applying morphine as a form of psychic anesthesia. Not ultimately beneficial and even detrimental to real healing. I learned to hypnotize myself but I didn't realize that's what I was doing for a very long while until being hypnotized by someone else. I'd put myself into a trance state, essentially.
Ratio
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:56 pm

Postby Johnny-Jack » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:21 pm

My adopted son is in therapy for DID and his therapist has been using hypnosis with him successfully for several years.

As you may have heard, most people with DID can be hypnotized, if willing, fairly easily. Likely because dissociating is similar to a hypnotic trance.
Forum rules

Dx = DID. My blog. My personal Periodic Table of alters.
Ab Ad Al Am An Ar As Ba Be Br Ca Cb Ch Cl Cm Cn Co Cp Ct Cu Cv D Eb Ed Er Es F Fl Ga Gd Go Gr Gw He Hk Hs Ht I J Jh Jk Jn Jy Ke Ki Kn Ky Li Lu Md Mi Mt Mx Mz Ne Ni O Pe Pi Q Ra Rd Ry Sc Se Sh Sk Sx Tk Ty U V Wa Wi X Y Ze Zn
Johnny-Jack
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:56 pm
Blog: View Blog (45)

Postby Ratio » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:59 pm

I should clarify. Hypnosis for the sake of hypnosis or hypnotic anesthesia isn't ultimately beneficial, or is actually bad as mentioned earlier, in my view.

I can't speak to using it beyond that. It would have to all be in the details of how it is used and what happened next.
Ratio
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:56 pm

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post