Our partner

New alter causing physical exhaustion, normal?

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Violarules, Johnny-Jack

New alter causing physical exhaustion, normal?

Postby LadyNahna » Wed May 27, 2020 12:32 am

Hi. First time posting on here. I don’t know anything about this site other than the fact that it was recommended by someone on reddit. I had a new alter introduce himself to me today. I’ve been feeling really tired and out of it since talking to him. It feels like our brain just did sprints or something. I’m an alter in a system of around 20ish alters. The body also has bipolar disorder (both of which have been actively addressed and getting worked on by my therapist and psychiatrist.) and we’ve been experiencing hypomanic symptoms for almost a week now. We’ve tried to pour our effort into being really productive with our personal writing projects. It’s been rough. I could really use some general support on if anybody has experience with feeling totally fried mentally after meeting a new later for the first time? It’s worth noting that I’m the host and have gradually be introduced to more and more alters since I found out about having DID not too long ago. He seems to have been in our system for a while because he seems to know other members of the system well and like knew who I was but I had never met this sudden new voice in my head until tonight. Seems like a nice guy, though.

- Nahna
LadyNahna
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:23 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: New alter causing physical exhaustion, normal?

Postby Ponyta » Wed May 27, 2020 7:32 pm

Hi Nahna. Sometimes I feel "tired" when I meet someone new. I actually think maybe it's happening now for me. Being that I'm so tired/weak... and new ones have been showing up. Anyway....we wish you the best of luck with the new guy. :)
There are A LOT of us: 140+.

Emma (host)
Ponyta
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:23 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post