Our partner

No help at all

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Violarules, Johnny-Jack

No help at all

Postby Panther1830 » Mon May 18, 2020 6:03 am

I have to deal with and somewhat care for my demented father. His lawyer is paying my brother with his SSI, to buy food and pay bills for us . But everyone's trying to kick me out into a halfway house. To get nothing in return. But grief from re-traumatized alter and no pills, cause of no money. This will happen anyway either if now or when my father dies. I have no money for dental, and barely enough for essentials. But theirs no way I can trust any people to date cause of being targeted for taken advantage of cause of "free" money. Just venting cause no one believes me or listens. And not willing to admit my gate to anyone.
Panther1830
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri May 29, 2020 6:35 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: No help at all

Postby complicated87 » Tue May 19, 2020 5:40 am

I'm sorry you're feeling this way and being treated poorly.

One thing I did recently hear was looking for the good in things can change everything....so maybe you could search out the teeniest good in your situation and focus on that to not let the test of it get you down?

It is tough being a care-giver for someone. Make sure you take care of yourself, too!!
complicated87
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri May 29, 2020 8:35 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: No help at all

Postby sleepingwolf » Tue May 19, 2020 8:13 pm

We wanted to say that we hear you and it sounds like a tough situation. We agree with complicated87 too, that self care is so so important in these times!

It can be easy for things to build in the mind and get real heavy, so we would say to try and focus on the immediate task, and structure things out into what you can do today, right now, and what you can leave for another time.

Thanks for sharing, it's a really important thing to do.

Wishing you all the very best out there!

Gothika (and All)
The Albion System - 500+ Tribal members
12 Co-Hosts
A bunch of Littles
A few Pure Warriors
Some Faeries
Proud and brilliant Animals
A whole load of amazing guys...
sleepingwolf
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri May 29, 2020 2:35 pm