Our partner

Anyone who loves Games Workshop out there?

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Violarules, Johnny-Jack

Anyone who loves Games Workshop out there?

Postby sleepingwolf » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:58 pm

I just wanted to post a message asking if there are any Systems, or Personalities, who like Games Workshop stuff, like Warhammer, A.O.S, 40K, things like that...

I love it (Gothika), and Melden does too. A few of Us are so-so keen as well.

We wanted to ask, as a hobby like this is different if you have DID! Like, how you go about various aspects of the hobby, and the choices you make. It would be cool to chat about it.

Anyways, I just wanted to put it out there. Feel free to message back if you love it too!

Gothika :D
The Albion System - 500+ Tribal members
12 Co-Hosts
A bunch of Littles
A few Pure Warriors
Some Faeries
Proud and brilliant Animals
A whole load of amazing guys...
sleepingwolf
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:32 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Anyone who loves Games Workshop out there?

Postby Sarandipity » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:34 pm

When I was a kid those model shops used to freak me out lol But I love dolls houses. We've all had different hobbies, card making, knitting and stuff, learning different things for fun, currently it's writing.

It's harder to keep up hobbies, Rose knits but it was combined with church groups and toddler groups when children were little. There's no time to sit and knit really and Rose doesn't see a point - I think it was a social thing for her and she could knit and chat and the children would mix with others.

Pretty much everything we do has to take a duel purpose.
Monte Carlo or Bust
Rose and Patrick
Batcho and Fortune (twins), Paul and Lilly,
No-one and Peter, Beth and Karen, Mandy and Mouse plus a seperate system of fragments including: rabit and others.
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Pocketwatch » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:31 pm

Pocket loves miniature painting, he is pretty decent at it. Also plays dungeons and dragons and just got into magic the gathering. Due to trauma we haven't played many card games, it's only now we are starting it back up. The little enjoys playing cardfight! Vanguard, so we bought her a schokolade melody card deck. She adores it.
When pocket or others play, it gets very exhausting after 3 or 4 matches, and we cannot touch yu gi oh, as it's the source of the trauma.
But yeah, pocket hasn't played warhammer but paints minis, he just has trouble finishing them because highlighting makes him nervous.
Maybe when he is around you guys can chat about it.
Pocketwatch
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby sleepingwolf » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:50 pm

Thanks for the reply Pocketwatch, awesome to hear! That's great that Pocket likes painting, its such a nice thing to do and so relaxing...

Sure, chatting about it would be great! A few of Us really enjoy it, so feel free when Pocket is about!

What do you paint, anything in particular?

Melden - Also a lover of all things Games Workshop!
12 Co-Hosts
A bunch of Littles
A few Pure Warriors
Some Faeries
sleepingwolf
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Pocketwatch » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:11 am

Hey!
Seems I was thrown in conversation haha.
Well let's see, I mostly paint miniatures suitable for dungeons and dragons. I've painted a few 3d printed mimics, some barrels and fences, and warhammer wise, I have some screamers I currently work on.
I really prefer to paint landscapes moreso than monsters, but we bought some wizkids dragons also.

What do you like to paint? Do you also play warhammer?
How long have you had this hobby?

-Pocketwatch
Pocketwatch
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Zor » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:23 pm

We've seen some of their stuff, Zor played one of them forever ago a tad... but like they had specific painting requirements and rules and we have like none of that talent, so it kinda excluded us... and they're stuff is like MASSIVE expensive! So we couldn't afford it and quit... like the RTS video game they did like 10 years ago though! :D

{\Pixie/}
(Body - Male, 39)
Zor - primary host & main poster
The rest of us: {\Pixie/}, Kaitie-Lynn (aka "Kitten"), Kaleb, Angel, Katya, Satin, Charles, Chloe, Noah, and a few rarely seen
Zor
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:32 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby sleepingwolf » Tue May 19, 2020 8:10 pm

Thanks for the replies Pocketwatch and Pixie, awesome!

It's Gothika replying...

Pocketwatch:

Yea, I love to paint Warhammer, but my thing is more the Sci-Fi stuff, 40K. I've never really had much of a collection, but I'm starting now (I got a set for our birthday) and I'm learning the rules, or re-learning after like not playing for 10-15 years! Melden loves Warhammer Fantasy, and she's doing a similar thing, but with the fantasy side. I think Pastella is kind of into D&D stuff, and might be working on some, but she's got a lot of other hobbies going on...
Yea, I love the hobby so much! Like all aspects of it...love it! It was pretty weird doing thing hobby before we knew we had DID...like we couldn't decide on an Army, on collections, rules and stuff... it was a bit all over the place! We hope to change it a bit now...
I'm working on a Death Guard force, with Melden helping out for some Blood Angels (as a Vs combo). She's working on a Beastman force (or whatever they are called now...) and I'm doing some Wood Elves (as a Vs combo)

Pixie:
Ah, awesome! Yea, it's a lot to do and 'get your head around', and it totally makes sense you wouldn't like it much if you didn't enjoy the painting. I bet you all were probably better than you thought though... Yea, it is so so expensive! Like, its an investment, and a proper hobby! Like, its not something you can just pick up and play for like £5.00, or even £50.00...! Its 'one of those hobbies'. Still, its cheaper than some...
Ah cool, what was that game? We've never played any of their computer games, sounds cool though!
12 Co-Hosts
A bunch of Littles
A few Pure Warriors
Some Faeries
sleepingwolf
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Zor » Sat May 23, 2020 2:45 pm

sleepingwolf wrote:Pixie:
Ah, awesome! Yea, it's a lot to do and 'get your head around', and it totally makes sense you wouldn't like it much if you didn't enjoy the painting. I bet you all were probably better than you thought though... Yea, it is so so expensive! Like, its an investment, and a proper hobby! Like, its not something you can just pick up and play for like £5.00, or even £50.00...! Its 'one of those hobbies'. Still, its cheaper than some...
Ah cool, what was that game? We've never played any of their computer games, sounds cool though!

Zor here to answer that game question. It was Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War. You can find the "Game of the Year" version on Steam for about $12 USD. There's a few add ons that get a tad pricey, imho, but add a TON of units that WH40k players will likely know about. We played just the basic game out of the box when it was new, IDK that we had any DLCs or addons. It's been a long time, that game came out in 2004 I think.
(Body - Male, 39)
Zor - primary host & main poster
The rest of us: {\Pixie/}, Kaitie-Lynn (aka "Kitten"), Kaleb, Angel, Katya, Satin, Charles, Chloe, Noah, and a few rarely seen
Zor
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby sleepingwolf » Tue May 26, 2020 8:00 pm

Thanks for the info Zor, much appreciated!
:D :D :D

Pastella
12 Co-Hosts
A bunch of Littles
A few Pure Warriors
Some Faeries
sleepingwolf
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Verdandi » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:35 pm

We love painting minis, it is nice to hyperfocus on and not think about anything else because it takes so much concentration to get the tiny details in! Mostly we paint D&D type minis- some friends got in on the "Bones" kickstarters so they have boxes and boxes to paint. It is fun to paint with other people. We haven't been able to see them since travel stopped, but we had borrowed some minis and this week tried painting them with regular acrylics. It was harder but still fun =)
We also make regular paintings but it takes more inspiration and some of us are better than others. Minis give you something to start with so that helps. Happy painting!
Verdandi
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Next

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post