Our partner

Great session today

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Violarules, Johnny-Jack

Great session today

Postby Rive » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:38 pm

Today I had a great session with my therapist. Before we spoke about a email I had wrote about my bad impulses she said that she hoped it was okay with the protectors and my sexual alter if she talked with me about it. First we talked about how I am frustrated with my DID Psychologist always saying everything is a alter and that I have a sexual alter when it could just be conflicting feelings in me. We talked about the email and I opened up about a lot (I am proud of myself). She thinks I was abused but she doesn't come right out and say that anymore. I think to protect herself from malpractice. I understand that and I understand what she is saying without saying it. Anyway, it was a good session. I felt like she was acknowledging that I could or could not have DID and that seems more reasonable than being stuck with I definitely do. Then I asked her what I should do about my DID Psychologist. She said I could get a second opinion. So far I haven't been able to find anyone as I have tried that already. I also asked her should I do hypnosis with my Psychologist on Thursday (My Psychologist hypnotizes me and tells the parts that are unhelpful not to come out until called) if I don't think it's a alter. She said I could postpone, etc. Ultimately it was my decision. So I don't know if I should do it in case it is a alter or spend my time talking to her about how I don't like how she thinks everything is a alter. I have to do one or the other. She only allows hypnosis on hypnosis days. No other talking about things. She said it has to be a positive time. So I don't know what to do and I have to choose my time wisely because they have only given me (My insurance) 20 45 min units for the whole year. So I don't know what to do.
Rive
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:26 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post