Our partner

Finally

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Violarules, Johnny-Jack

Finally

Postby Panther1830 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:05 pm

My alter Owen has finally calmed down. But has been wanting too much attention I can't provide. I live with my dimented father. Which is difficult, but I get along. My alters spending is out of control sometimes and can't help it. But need stuff a lot. I'm practically living alone. And I hate it but no where else to live. Please help. As Owen is panicking and shaking, I don't know what to do.
Panther1830
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:17 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Finally

Postby MeMyselfMaureen » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:00 pm

I don't know how to help you but I wanted to say hang on in there both of you.
Looking after someone with dementia is hard. If you can take some time out even if its to have a bubble bath while dad is asleep. Just something that is focused on you (and doesn't involve going on a spending spee....) Owens spending may be a coping mechanism, dementia is hard to cope with. If so he needs a new one.
Grace (host) Mo (protector) Peter (child) Elspeth (child) Midnight (unkown) Shadow (fragment, grief holder, toddler) Aegipan (goatbeing - the ultimate solution) Christopher (faith, caretaker)
MeMyselfMaureen
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:17 am

Postby lartiste » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:20 pm

Hey,

My littles have a „spending problem“ themselves as they can‘t quite grasp the concept of money yet, they will buy whatever they want and not look at the price. I‘ve had to explain to them that we can‘t do that, that they should write down their wishes and then when we can afford it they‘ll receive it. Is there any way you can try something similar? That he notes what he wants and then the two of you discuss how you can afford it?
If he has problems with impulse control on the other hand I don‘t know how to help. Have you tried bringing this up with your therapist (provided you have one)

Wishing you a lot of endurance and strength, it must be tough looking after your father.
All the best,
Julia
Body is 19, System of 5 (so far):
-Julia/Jules, 19, Host
-Lucy, 8-11
-Sunny, 5-8
-Annie, 4
-grey thing?
lartiste
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:17 am

Postby Panther1830 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:56 am

Thanks, he does listen. Yet I've had this trouble with Owen in the past when he wants to really talk to me. So I just really got to listen to him for awhile to get at the truth of this matter.
Panther1830
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:17 pm

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post