Our partner

Alter placements around the body?

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Violarules, Johnny-Jack

Alter placements around the body?

Postby WeAreOne420 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:03 am

Alright I'm mapping my system and I'm trying to remember where everyone is because I can literally feel them if they're in the body.
I think identifying who I'm feeling and what they can do will help me out significantly.

I have my main alt. In the front of my head,one on my neck like a 2nd head and the rest of us are mlstly stacked on the body the normal way lol if any of that makes sense.

Do you guys have a place where your alters or parts rest or live?
WeAreOne420
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:36 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Alter placements around the body?

Postby Sarandipity » Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Not thought about it like that. Waiting for a timer to go off so can't properly think about it. My immediate response is no. Did have Paul, No-one did, laying on the floor next to her for a while, Rose used to feel Patrick holding her before she realised he was an alter - she thought he was the spirit of a dead husband from a past life but it was internal life I think and one night Rose decided he must be dead not alive somewhere and reaching out to her and she saw him internally. Others realised he must be an alter and it took Rose a long time to come to terms with that.

I can tell you where I feel emotions in the body, a therapist said some people feel emotions in the body and I started to pay attention to that and now I know when I'm anxious etc (it was our old therapist, very good therapist). But feeling alters are in particular places I've not thought about. It isn't correlating. They're either in the body, take over or influence the mind, or they're internally in the mind or sometimes felt close by or with No-one and Paul, seen as being there - not hallucination, difficult to describe, like seeing with the mind's eye.

Different alters have different body pains, likes dislikes but I can't say they are in different parts of the body. I'll think about it though.
Main IW:
Obsidian
Beth KarenPatrickPeterRose
No-one Paul and Lilly
Terra Magicka: The Twins (Batcho and Fortune)Sue the secutary. Jane, a general memory bank.
(Silent Lake : The Overlord/Mr BrightsideThe Whisperers (whisper whats outside), The Lightbringers (shine on parts to front), Martin and Janet (children with tails and wings)).
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:36 am
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby andiKirkwood » Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:53 pm

WeAreOne420 wrote:Alright I'm mapping my system and I'm trying to remember where everyone is because I can literally feel them if they're in the body.
I think identifying who I'm feeling and what they can do will help me out significantly.

I have my main alt. In the front of my head,one on my neck like a 2nd head and the rest of us are mlstly stacked on the body the normal way lol if any of that makes sense.

Do you guys have a place where your alters or parts rest or live?

Im working on this in my IFS therapy. turns out my parts (IFS speak) I feel in one or two places in my body but my alters they are in control they are felt in whole body like.

I fees Drake (IFS part) in my neck, my neck gets stiff and pain
I feels Reba (DID alter) everywhere. if Im Reba I looks at my hands see Reba little bitty hand, I looks at my hair I sees Reba combed hair different from mine. Reba wears different shirts than me too.
But when Im Drake I just feel neck hurt.
andiKirkwood
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:51 pm

WeAreOne420 wrote:Alright I'm mapping my system and I'm trying to remember where everyone is because I can literally feel them if they're in the body.

I thought about this carefully rather than just dismissing it as something that never happens to me, and there is one part who has very strong anxiety and fear, and who is very young, that I recognize by feeling my heart pound. It's like she makes herself known by creating that feeling in my chest. But I hear her where I hear the rest of them, in my mind. And there is a longing feeling that is mostly in my stomach, and that comes from Little.

But I wonder if you're thinking about mapping in a more literal way than it needs to be. Mapping ones alters doesn't have to do with where they are, but more like just knowing who exists and how they might be connected to each other. We made the center of the map be the front, so closest to the center were the ones who front the most often, and then "behind" them were ones who rarely front, and back farther were ones who never front. There are also connections that are important--certain parts have more influence over others, or are related to them by helping the system in similar ways.

For example, Nadia and Bobby are both older littles who front a lot, and they are very influenced by a protector called Watcher. Watcher doesn't have the same hold on Meredith, who also fronts a lot and isn't a trauma-holder. So on the map, there are lines from Watcher to Nadia and to Bobby, but Watcher doesn't really front themselves, except to put up a force field to block feelings and make us sleepy. I'd have to look at the map to remember more about it--I made it about a year and a half ago.

I hope this is helpful--I feel like I went off on my own tangent somehow. :roll:
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:36 pm

Postby Amythyst » Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:33 pm

We don't see our parts occupying like different body parts or whatever. We're either fronting, so we're in all the body, or we're inside, which is like just some vague place in our mind. Not even like a spot in the brain, like its not a physical place in our head. Just like, inner space or whatever.

Like Gang & Sarandipity said tho, we do have some alters who's feelings or emotions or whatever, do seem to affect different spots in the body. But only when those alters are present or active. Like, heart, stomach, or throat. And like Gang said, for us its the ones who hold alot of trauma & stuff. The ones of us who front alot / don't hold trauma, don't have those kinds of affects on things.

TheGangsAllHere wrote:I hope this is helpful--I feel like I went off on my own tangent somehow. :roll:

We found it helpful! I wondered what a system map should look like. V1 & V2 have done like, lists & stuff before, & tried to like figure out connections & groups & stuff, but never done anything like you described.

We might try it, now that we know what that looks like. We'd hafta do it on the computer tho in a way that was easy to edit, cos stuff's always changing & whatever in here. :roll: :?

Viola
Arin(22f); Charlie(6m); Claire(0f); Ewan(4m); Guardian(28m); Janet(4f); Kate(17/22f); L(∞f); Em(22f); Melissa(7f); Nyssa(10f); Rebecca(∞f); Tegan(5f); Viola(17f); V1(22f); V2(16f); Waste(?); et al.
Dx: DID; previously depression, bipolar.(New) Journey ThreadThe Team
Amythyst
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby SystemFlo » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:08 pm

I don't think our parts live in the body like that. I know some people feel like their parts do, even kicks from inside if they do something that part doesn't like. With Jules there comes anxiety, so I can always feel him inside chest area, less if he's medicated. His sadness is in the stomach, sometimes both are all over, when they're too much. He has problems more than anyone else, so with him there can come difficulties to pee and parts who don't wanna go to bathroom at all (he has DID and is in many parts too) and other body stuff like that. I don't think he lives in chest or bladder area or anything like that, those are just symptoms of traumas he holds and feelings he comes with, because those are symptoms and feelings he lives with, inside and out. He doesn't wanna eat and.. well, he has lot of symptoms, I won't list more, because it's not what you asked.

Mostly boys are more relaxed in the body than I am. They have way better posture, they also keep their head up when they walk, I always look down to ground. I have my muscles tense all the time, neck and shoulders and abs. I was lot better with that for awhile, but I've slipped back.

Jules has most control over the muscles, but sometimes it makes moving hard for him, because he is so aware of all the different ways how you can move and he can't remember who he is and how he moves (when he is switchy with his own system). He has tendency to self harm, feel like body is disturbing and too much and he gets stuck. It's weird because sometimes he can not fully come to the body but still he feels stuck.

They live in inner worlds. Other parts I know live in Forget world, but not Leon. He stays very close to me and outside. I think the other inner world is not that nice place, and that's why he's close to outside a lot now that he's not in Forget world anymore.

Lucas gets dissociated sometimes and feels out of body, or body not being real, or like there is no body at all. It doesn't happen a lot, but it's a problem when it does, because it's hard work to get him back. He doesn't trust enough to want to come, and it's hard to get him convinced it is safe to come, when he's not actually there listening.

I feel all of them all around when they're here with me. When they're inside, there's no symptoms of theirs in the body.
Flor F main front
Sami M 16 (15-26) system manager, defender
Lucas M 16 balancer, socializer, self care
Leon M 4
Fourteen M 14 main trauma holder, DID (ca 20 parts age 3-16):
- random M teen
SystemFlo
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:36 am

Postby MeMyselfMaureen » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:45 pm

We dont live in body parts like you seam to be sugesting but when we try to cocon or the switch is draged out I do get affected in diferent areas. Shadow is a throbing pain in the back of the neck she only cocon's with me and never fronts so she is litraly a pain in the neck :)

When elspeth is cocon I go blind in my right eye. first time it happened I freeked. Grace had once told our boyfriend she was blind in one eye and he proved her wrong and called her a liar. I think she was cocon with elspeth when these blind episodes happened especialy as said boyfriend spoke french and we now know french is a major trigger fro elspeth.

When I am cocon with grace I get a burning sensation that starts behind my left ear and grows like a red hot wall across to behind my left eye. If I try to maintain co con with either of them for long or resist the switch I feal like I am having a stroke and they will take over that half of the face. Which is weird because when grace is fronting I can cocon with her and not affect her in anyway. She is oblivious to the fact that I am there.

So I can feal the others but they (or at least grace) cant feel me.
Mo
Grace (host) Mo (protector) Peter (child) Elspeth (child) Midnight (unkown) Shadow (fragment, grief holder, toddler) Aegipan (goatbeing - the ultimate solution) Christopher (faith, caretaker)
MeMyselfMaureen
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:36 am

Postby WeAreOne420 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:48 pm

Wow its so interesting to see how different we all are.

Thanks for the replies. Still trying to figure things out.
WeAreOne420
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Allcoulors » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:33 pm

When fronting we use the whole body butt I can hear or see the others in different places inside? Im not sure how it works but some seem to have a voice inside the right part of the brain, some left or in the back. Some parts communicate more with pictures or feelings and they come from the belly or chest area or even from outside the body sometimes. It feels like a big aura of communication then.
So alters can even be placed outside the body I guess? Floating? Just questioning my own experiences....
Allcoulors
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:36 am

Postby ZodiacDragon » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:38 pm

We're all centered in the brain as if it's an endless expanse with a place (think of our brain like a tardus from doctor who). We all live inside the main area with our own rooms (which recently developed, before it was all one room), but have the semerate room where we go in if we want to front. There we kind of just, take control? We can feel where all everyone is in our brain. Idk I'm not good at explaining...
~ Akane
Depression, Anxiety, Dyslexia, Gender Dysphoria, DID

Alex - Host, Human, 22, FtM, Pan
Sarabi - Opossum, 21, F, Pan
Akane - Anthro wolfdog, 21, M, Pan
Saggita - Dragon, ???, M, Demi-Pan
Anime - Dragon, 2100+, Agender, Demi-Pan
Neko - Human-nekomata mix, 945, M, Gay
Flair - Pegasus-dragon mix, 2000+, NB, Pan
ZodiacDragon
Consumer 5
Consumer 5