Our partner

fun communication strategy

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Violarules, Johnny-Jack

fun communication strategy

Postby elemenopea » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:29 am

I'm making a card game that I think I'm going to print out on tarot cards to help me communicate with people in my life about which parts are out, and different ways to connect with them, different ways I can ask for support or comfort as needed when I am non-verbal. Has anyone else found any other creative strategies to help others interact with you they would like to share?
30 genderfluid, female bits
Lindsay/ Riley depending on if at work/ personal life
gay boy (male, 16-25), babygirl (5), baby (1), sadist (~30), wolfmother (35),
puppycat (4), one who will not eat, one who makes the body look sad,
translator who speaks for those with no words/ no desire for words
elemenopea
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: fun communication strategy

Postby Skaya » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:18 pm

We have a light-up moon that changes colour on demand. Everybody has different colours assigned (including specific ones for co-consciousness between myself and Jen) so that those who know about DID in my life - a grand total of five people - can recognise who's out, even in wider company. Was an absolute godsend yesterday when I freaked (we had a Christmas dinner with a lot of our friends, the majority of whom don't know our dx) and Jen took sole fronting for the event!
Em (26, f, host), Jen (19, f) Echo (4, f) Angel (9, f), Vivian (36, f), Jacob (13, m), Xavier (?, m), Oliver (?, m), Lily (f, 4-6), Lilith (f, ?), Michael (m, 26) Heather (?, f). SO Lex (f) may be mentioned.
Skaya
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:33 am

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:55 pm

We just ordered a bracelet that has a place for a snap-on jewel, and a set of 30 different jewels. I'm hoping it will be a subtle way to let the husband know who's in front. Right now, he has no way of telling, and even if he can tell I'm in a "mood," (which to him is anyone other than Sasha, the mom-team, or the work-team), he has no idea how to interact with them.
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:33 pm

Postby ArbreMonde » Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:01 am

Wit our besties from Team PSI, we juggle between different Messenger accounts and change the nicknames in the conversation according to who fronts / co-fronts. It also helps us communicate within systems because we can scroll conversations back up, and it encourage us to write down things when we cannot reach each-others "telepathically" within system.

We arent open to others outside of multiplicity spaces. The stigma around mental health is too high.

--Zami--
Multiple system Dx autistic, depression, c-PTSD...

They/them: --Zami--
He/him: -X- or -David- | oOo van H. oOo | //Ulysses// | °Isaïa° | ((Wolf)) | {Envy} | #Uriel# | .....
She/her: ~Theia~ | oOo Mrs. H. oOo | *Reyna* | ♥Lust♥ | .....

Journey thread
ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:33 am

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post