Our partner

Things nobody can take away from you

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Violarules, Johnny-Jack

Things nobody can take away from you

Postby Sarandipity » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:00 am

Thread for others to add to about things nobody can take away from you.

Christmas got thinking about this. At Christmas as a child I would write and make a play. I made the scenary, the costumes. I had 8 cousins all of whom I have realized were most probably also experiencing abuse.

We would rehurse the play. I'd make parts for my two cousins who couldn't remember my name let alone lines where they would be a dragon or something where they got to do stuff without speaking. They were diagnosed with severe dyslexia which accounted for their memory issues apparently but now I obviously wonder.

The play was put on Christmas day and filmed by my uncle, a peadophile (but I wasn't consciously aware of that at the time). Even at the time the driving force wasn't to perform for those adults (about half were sexually abusive) it was about creating something, me and my cousins doing something together. I even said that to my mother once when she complained about me making a dragon costume out of cardboard boxes with my two cousins who would wear it "it's not about you or adults watching it, it's about us doing something nice and fun together"

Those plays were what Christmas was about to me. I poured love into them. And they dominated Christmas in many ways for the children in my family because of the making things and the rehursals.

The other thing I remember is playing board games with my uncle who was not abusive, married in to our family, playing board games with him was pleasant and fun. He didn't have other agenda or cheat or use it as some kind of lesson.

The emotions those things were done with. The love that went into them. The having something that abusive people couldn't have input into. That were completely mine. Nobody can take those things away. The things we give ourselves by giving to others. The small positive examples and experiences. Abusive people can't take those away. And that's how I love Christmas.

When I escaped I slowly started taking ownership of creating my own life, I thought I did, but really I'd been doing that all along however I could.

Thought a thread for everyone to say things that can't be taken away from them however terrible other things were would be nice so please add as the mood takes you.
Main IW:
Obsidian
Beth KarenPatrickPeterRose
No-one Paul and Lilly
Terra Magicka: The Twins (Batcho and Fortune)Sue the secutary. Jane, a general memory bank.
(Silent Lake : The Overlord/Mr BrightsideThe Whisperers (whisper whats outside), The Lightbringers (shine on parts to front), Martin and Janet (children with tails and wings)).
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:15 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Things nobody can take away from you

Postby Amythyst » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:42 pm

Hey Sarandipity,

Been thinking about this alot since you posted it. Maybe we're like, more pessimistic or whatever, cos almost anything we could think of, is something we could lose.

Not even like, physical things, but stuff like memories & experiences. Heck even emotions. All those things can (and have) disappeared on us. Even like, skills / knowledge / abilities. Some stuff fades over time, other stuff vanished overnight. Tho some memories seem pretty loud & probably won't disappear even over time.

But anyways.

There is something that can never be taken away from us. Each other!

There's at least 17 of us in here, maybe more, and nobody can take that away. Whatever happens we'll always have each other. Even if we have disagreements sometimes, even if some of us are grumpy & don't wanna be friends, even if some of us are sleeping or dormant or hiding, we still always have each other.

That's something that makes me glad. Its one thing nobody can take away.

I think another thing is sorta like what you said - our creativity. Whether its taking pictures, or making drawings, or making stories, or whatever. We've always been creative one way or another, and I think we always will. They can take away our pencil or our paint or our knowledge of like, electronics & programming. But they can't take away our creativity, & we will always find another way to be creative.

Viola
Arin(22f); Charlie(6m); Claire(0f); Ewan(4m); Guardian(28m); Janet(4f); Kate(17/22f); L(∞f); Em(22f); Melissa(7f); Nyssa(10f); Rebecca(∞f); Tegan(5f); Viola(17f); V1(22f); V2(16f); Waste(?); et al.
Dx: DID; previously depression, bipolar.(New) Journey ThreadThe Team
Amythyst
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:15 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby MakersDozn » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:18 pm

Agreed. Thank you both, Sarandipity and Viola.

Charity and Mary
Multiple self-dxed 1996. Body 58f, no original. System of 47: 42 ♀, 5 ♂; 17 littles (7+under), 9 middles (8-11), 14 teens (12-17+), 5 bigs (18+up), + a formless yin/yang. Oldest member is 25.

Notable: Charity 25, Deborah 23, Drew 23f, Mary 23, Rachel 23, Laura 17.5, Allegra 17, Cass 17, shawn 16f.
Blog | Our Story | Journey
MakersDozn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Skaya » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:47 pm

I struggle with this a fair bit too (and have a similar thing to Sarandipity around Christmas, only ours was writing a long family-based poem!). Ours turned out to be that writing is our way out, our own thing. We struggle with parents who were immensely overbearing about any small thing we enjoyed; for some reason, creative writing escaped their pressure (despite their best interests) and it's now one of our fave creative outlets.

Thanks for starting this thread. Really interesting to reflect on.
Em (26, f, host), Jen (19, f) Echo (4, f) Angel (9, f), Vivian (36, f), Jacob (13, m), Xavier (?, m), Oliver (?, m), Lily (f, 4-6), Lilith (f, ?), Michael (m, 26) Heather (?, f). SO Lex (f) may be mentioned.
Skaya
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:15 pm

Postby MakersDozn » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:13 pm

Good to see you guys again, Skaya folks.

MDs
Multiple self-dxed 1996. Body 58f, no original. System of 47: 42 ♀, 5 ♂; 17 littles (7+under), 9 middles (8-11), 14 teens (12-17+), 5 bigs (18+up), + a formless yin/yang. Oldest member is 25.

Notable: Charity 25, Deborah 23, Drew 23f, Mary 23, Rachel 23, Laura 17.5, Allegra 17, Cass 17, shawn 16f.
Blog | Our Story | Journey
MakersDozn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ArbreMonde » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:18 pm

Viola@Amythyst wrote:There is something that can never be taken away from us. Each other!

We feel the same here. Zami has even started working on a tatoo design to reflect this, inspired by the quote "Ohana means family and family means nobody is left behind or forgotten". We are all a family. We care for each-other even if we do not always appreciate each-other. We do our best to work as a team, to figure out our bickering, to solve our issues.

Wolf and I don't get along well. Wrath and I sometimes even fight (in the Innerworld). But when it comes to functionning in the physical world, this is important above all things and we put all our skills in it. We can fight/bicker later. When it's time to move forward together, we move foward together.

We are the family, that this physical life never had. Nobody can take that from us. And if someone tries to make us disappear, others will take our place, like a hydra's heads growing back.

We are strong together. Nobody can take that away.

-David-
Multiple system Dx autistic, depression, c-PTSD...

They/them: --Zami--
He/him: -X- or -David- | oOo van H. oOo | //Ulysses// | °Isaïa° | ((Wolf)) | {Envy} | #Uriel# | .....
She/her: ~Theia~ | oOo Mrs. H. oOo | *Reyna* | ♥Lust♥ | .....

Journey thread
ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:15 am

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post