Our partner

Inner world and high dissociative barriers

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Violarules, Johnny-Jack

Inner world and high dissociative barriers

Postby Rive » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:44 pm

I'm so confused about some of this chatter I experience. I know its not actually happening so it's no a psychotic episode but why could it be happening. Some of the stuff lately the chatter has said is "It has a lot of Easter candy in it." Followed by No, don't eat that Easter candy." Also, out of the blue in childlike voice. "Shh that's a little baby she doesn't like noise." And Thinking about if my sister bought me a sister charm for my bracelet I would love it. Chatter said really mean "No, Don't you live it." I have no idea where this stuff comes from. It's not related to what I am thinking. I'm wondering if my dissociative walls are just high so I can't see my alters and can relate to what they are talking about. Maybe this is their inner world?
Rive
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:13 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Inner world and high dissociative barriers

Postby Sarandipity » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:01 pm

I had it this morning on the way to work "she's great" I don't know if they were referring to me or not lol. They said other stuff before that but I wasn't really listening until that, there was nobody for them to say about, was on an empty street. When they said that I thought back "ok, thanks for that but I'd rather not have people saying stuff and also I'm fine, I don't need building up" Which earlier that morning I was feeling a bit nervous so I think that's what caused "the peanut gallery" as Gang calls it. - that's what it was before that, discussion on which way to go but I know the most direct route with the least traffic so when they said "she's great" I took it "thanks but I'm fine" They did stop then.

When yours said "she doesn't like noise" you could of said "it's ok, what's wrong" or something to engage in conversation, that's the only way to break the barriers, talk back.
Main IW:
Obsidian
Beth KarenPatrickPeterRose
No-one Paul and Lilly
Terra Magicka: The Twins (Batcho and Fortune)Sue the secutary. Jane, a general memory bank.
(Silent Lake : The Overlord/Mr BrightsideThe Whisperers (whisper whats outside), The Lightbringers (shine on parts to front), Martin and Janet (children with tails and wings)).
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:13 am
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Johnny-Jack » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:06 pm

The comments you overhear, which may be passing over or through the dissociative wall, sound like they're coming from conversations taking place in the inner world. That would be consistent with experiences other members have had.

I can see how it would be puzzling and distracting, but conversations coming through the dissociative walls suggests walls are becoming porous. In the long run this would be much better development that high and impenetrable dissociative walls, even if it's confusing at times.

I'm not sure where you go from here but understanding that this is not an uncommon experience for someone with DID may be a start. Among many possibilities, those in the inner world may not be aware there's an outer world or aren't interested in joining it. There may be inner alters who are communicating with others as part of taking care of them.

Have you tried speaking aloud to them in response to what you hear, especially if what you overhear is part of what sounds like a neutral conversation, as about the Easter candy. I think being interested but not aggressive, friendly but not put off by no answer would be the best approach. After all, it's possible they aren't able to hear you at all, or they find you foreign or scary.

Consider how you might approach a couple young children sitting alone in public, with no adult in sight. You might be concerned and want to approach them to help if needed, but in the least threatening way possible.

Good subject thread title, Rive, it summarizes what you're looking at.
Forum rules

Dx = DID. How do I know I have DID? My personal Periodic Table of alters.
Ab Ad Al Am An Ar As Ba Be Br Ca Cb Ch Cl Cm Co Cp Ct Cu Cv D Eb Ed Er Es F Fl Ga Gd Go Gr Gw He Hk Hs Ht I J Jh Jk Jn Jy Ke Ky Li Lu Md Mi Mt Mx Mz Ne Ni O Pe Pi Q Ra Rd Ry Sc Se Sh Sk Sx Tk Ty U V Wa Wi X Y Ze Zn
Johnny-Jack
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Blog: View Blog (41)

Postby Rive » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:47 pm

Thanks guys
Rive
Consumer 6
Consumer 6