Our partner

**Trigger Warning** (possible body memory?)

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Violarules, Johnny-Jack

**Trigger Warning** (possible body memory?)

Postby holliswoods1 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:25 pm

I'm...not sure what to do with this.

Um.

I'm afraid what I describe below is a body memory because of what that means, but what if it is?

I'll try to use clinical terms, and keep it vague, if possible. But I don't want to omit important things either.

Therefore here comes the possible ***TRIGGER WARNING***

TMI Note: it might be important to say that I don't have a history of sexual activity. Anything intimate has always been me myself and I, and I like it that way. No desire for a partner cuz I'm asexual.

Trauma note: And basically I only remember ever experiencing verbal/emotional/neglect types of abuse. No bodily harm that I'm consciously aware of. I don't even have any basis to suspect it.

Current Situation: Last night I was in bed watching a video, and a guy was playing a funny prank on a sleeping friend, just sort of bugging the friend to wake up. He was speaking in a different language, but suddenly used English to say "Hello baby."

***I felt this, almost twist of pain down there, but of course nothing was happening, but it wouldn't go away for what felt like a good minute.***

It was very confusing. Afterwards I had to rewind the video to realize he had spoken English at all. No idea what that sensation was. Nothing is medically wrong with me. But I realized this type of pain has been happening occasionally every few months this year.

I don't know enough about how body memories work to know if this is one, and am hesitant to explore this more for fear of what it might imply...

Can anyone clarify what body memories are actually like? Similar to this? Different entirely? Am I just overthinking things?

Anyone relate?
holliswoods1
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: **Trigger Warning** (possible body memory?)

Postby Floralie » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:40 pm

I don't know about body memories, I hope someone who does can provide that information.

You can have vaginal cramps, and like any cramp, it's very painful as long as it's there. They're normal during periods, but since that's a clear physical symptom, you do need to be checked by a doctor before you can decide you're healthy. I understand what you meant with it, that there's no infection or anything else going on, but it doesn't mean there can't be nothing going on healthwise. Especially because the pain has happened several times, it is a symptom that's recommended to be checked by a doctor in any case, with any type of pain. Not just if it's a cramp.

There are several different types of pain you can have, either in vulva (outside part of female genitalia) or vagina ("tube" inside), and several different medical reasons for each of them.
Floralie F main front
Sami M 16 (15-26) defender (trauma)
Lucas M 16 (19) bridge-builder, self care (trauma)
Leon M 4 (trauma?)
Ferro M 14/24 protector (trauma)
Rami M 25 inner protector/caretaker manager
Anastasia F 26 inner caretaker, female sexuality
Jules M 11 main trauma holder with DID
Floralie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:45 am

Postby myce » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:19 am

Just have an idea to throw out there. To my knowledge I was not physically or sexually abused. I think of the body as being like an alter who can help support/protect the mind. I get muscle spasms which I believe are a side effect of trauma. But one time I thought I had fibroid tumors because there was pain on my ovary. I went to the doctor and found out it was a muscle spasm inside my pelvis. Coincidentally, I removed from my life the drama with men, and that spasm doesn't flare up so much anymore other than with menstrual cycles.
known forum participants:
day-child, Front, Front0, Front1, Reboot
night-child, Shield/Sentinel, Wolf Corpse and the Howlers
Nebulous
myce
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:45 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Rive » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:46 pm

I am the same age as you and sometimes I get pains. Especially when I am getting ready to start. They can feel a little different as you are getting older and closer to menopause but I would definitely go get it checked by a doctor. I try not to be a hypochondriac but I feel it's better to be safe than sorry.
Rive
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:45 am

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post