Our partner

Question about younger parts

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Violarules, Johnny-Jack

Question about younger parts

Postby Floralie » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:35 pm

This is out of curiosity thing, nothing serious. I'm just up to getting to know if littles and teens or any parts clearly younger than the body, identify themselves being born as many years ago in outside time than they're old, like that a 9 year old would picture themself being born in 1010, or do they have things from your childhood, and picture themselves being born in a year body was born, but then just never grew up. Or do they think it at all, and picture only being with certain age, but without birthday or year of birth?

The years themselves are not that important, I'm thinking more of things like do they think about TV-shows etc. from now or few years ago, or from when the body was little, or both or how it goes with you?

In our system all known parts have birthdays, but the year changes every year now because non of them is having online life where they should get older once a year to keep it real. They had set birth years when they've had that before, but then it has lead to them recreating themselves as a younger again, because they can only age so far. Now they're only online here, and nobody thinks anything if they stay being certain age. I was about to say all except for Leon have birthday, but then someone said February, which is Lucas' birth month too. So, Leon has been born in February I guess. When there's a new year eve, or their birthday, they change the year they were born at to match outside reality. Like because Lucas is 16, he was born 2003. Next year he will be born same day but 2004. But that's for outside, insie time is different, but fashions change in there too and things like that although the time is way more slower in there.

Sami is more mysterious, he may have memories from my life too differently than others can. Or they can't at all I think, like not about the days they were born or created if they're not originals who's been there before the body age of 9.

They identify with certain age, and it's kind of "keeping it real" that it requires them to change the year they were born. Same way they needed to age every year before when they've had people online who have not been aware they don't have their own bodies outside.

If parts in your system do have birthdays (with what ever year), is there a reason for it that you know, and what is it? I do not know why parts are born in certain date, they just are. Jules' was born January, Lucas&Leon February, Sami June etc.

Edit: I make clear questions
1. Do parts have their own birthdays and if so, why that day?
2. Do they have birth year, if if so, does it change?
3. Are their memories from the days body was actually their age, or like they would be kids their age in real life?
Floralie F main front
Sami M 16 (15-26) defender (trauma)
Lucas M 16 (19) bridge-builder, self care (trauma)
Leon M 4 (trauma?)
Ferro M 14/24 protector (trauma)
Rami M 25 inner protector/caretaker manager
Anastasia F 26 inner caretaker, female sexuality
Jules M 11 main trauma holder with DID
Floralie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:04 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Question about younger parts

Postby MakersDozn » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:07 pm

Hi Floralie,

Yes, based on Sun-Moon combinations in Astrology and how these combinations determine personality. These birthdays are for personality description only; we only celebrate the body's birthday.

The only members of our system who don't have birthdays as described above are our two non-corporeals, who are ageless, and our four littles who are under the age of three (and don't have a complex personality yet).

We all identify with the body's birth year, but none of us age.

3. Are their memories from the days body was actually their age, or like they would be kids their age in real life?

Both. Also, the child's age is not necessarily when their memories or trauma occurred, although it can be.

MDs
Multiple self-dxed 1996. Body 57f, no host or original. System of 47: 42 ♀, 5 ♂; 17 littles (7+under), 9 middles (8-11), 14 teens (12-17+), 5 bigs (18+up), + a formless yin/yang duo. Oldest member is 25.

Notable: Charity 25, Deborah 23, Drew 23f, Mary 23, Rachel 23, Laura 17.5, Allegra 17, Cass 17.
Blog | Our Story | Journey
MakersDozn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:04 am

Postby Amythyst » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:31 pm

Hey Floralie,

Yeah, we all have our own different birthdays. Like, there's some of us we don't know what the date is yet, but we know they have one.

As for why that day, it varies. For some of us, we go with the month/day of when we 'woke' or achieved awareness or whatever. We call it our 'birthaversary'. :lol: For others, if they don't remember when exactly that happened, or if they just want to, they can pick a day and make that their birthaversary.

Yes and no. For the ones who just picked a date, they don't seem to have a year. For those of us who used when we woke up, it's the year that happened. The year has no bearing on our age tho.

Like MDs, none of us age, so if the birth year exists its an unrelated number. And unlike MDs, none of us identify with the body's birth year.

So like, V1's birth year was 2017. She's still 22 tho - she was 22 when she was born and she'll be 22 next year too lol. And for me, it was 2018. I was 17 when I was born last year, and I'll be 17 again on my second birthday next May. :lol: :lol:

Like with MDs, the answer for us is 'both'. Melissa is a good example, she has memories from when the body was 7, and she has memories from the past 20+ years, and memories from recent kids stuff too.

Viola
Arin(22f); Charlie(6m); Claire(0f); Ewan(4m); Guardian(28m); Janet(4f); Kate(17/22f); L(∞f); Melissa(7f); Mike(35m); Nyssa(10f); Rebecca(∞f); Tegan(5f); Viola(17f); V1(22f); V2(16f); Waste(?); et al.
Dx: DID; previously depression, bipolar.(New) Journey ThreadThe Team
Amythyst
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:04 am

Postby myce » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:36 am

Curiously, I have a strong response coming through saying it's always 1980. What year were you born? 1980. What year is it? 1980. It's Wolf/Reboot. It's Reboot. I remind her that she likes watching He-Man, and she says it's 1984.
known forum participants:
day-child, Front, Front0, Front1, Reboot
night-child, Shield/Sentinel, Wolf Corpse and the Howlers
Nebulous
myce
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Sarandipity » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:57 am

Sometimes I'll have "it's my birthday" in my head but it's not my birthday but I've never paid enough attention to it, seen it as crazy, so I should pay attention to it and ask next time it happens. Thanks.
Main IW:
Obsidian
Beth KarenPatrickPeterRose
No-one Paul and Lilly
Terra Magicka: The Twins (Batcho and Fortune)Sue the secutary. Jane, a general memory bank.
(Silent Lake : The Overlord/Mr BrightsideThe Whisperers (whisper whats outside), The Lightbringers (shine on parts to front), Martin and Janet (children with tails and wings)).
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:04 am
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby KingsleyHere » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:35 am

Very interesting. Thanks for posting.

Nobody has a birthday in our system. Kind of know that in the month of body's birth we have to change the age on official papers. Sometimes we have to do the math!

The age division is who can drive. As little ones started communicating with T, T would tell us their age. He knew the age appropriate behaviour, world view.

Altho a couple say they want to grow up, it's for childlike reasons. One wants to grow up to drive so he can get ice cream wherever he wants!

Another has buddied up with an older one. He came out and asked doctor to listen to what doc was hearing while taking our blood pressure. He's curious & didn't understand why that was unacceptable.So T tried to explain the one body concept by taking a picture. He asked T if that was T's friend. T said yes. That's how it is referred to!

We have one who can slide from young thru older on the bases of the behaviour abusers taught her. We are working to move her into a permanent adult age. It's slow but seems to be possible.

Thanks for posting this. Food for thought. Perhaps, in our case, establishing a birth date may help.
KingsleyHere
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:04 am

Postby Sarandipity » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:50 am

I just remembered a converse thought to this. Sometimes I also think "I died today" which used to send me a bit nuts when younger, because it was said so much that I thought I was dead and a ghost. I tried to get run over but the car didn't hit me. Which on the one hand was good but on the other hand it was bad because it fed the delusion created by the thought that I was dead and logically if I died and was dead I must be a ghost. That was after adult trauma and I ended up in hospital, when I was diagnosed with schitzophrenia because I said somebody kept telling me I was dead and therefore I asked if I was dead and if I was a ghost. Hearing voices they said, which I thought I was for years. I think death days are probably trauma times and one fragment thought she was dead but we explained this time, no you're not, because we knew it was the fragment and not our own thought.
Main IW:
Obsidian
Beth KarenPatrickPeterRose
No-one Paul and Lilly
Terra Magicka: The Twins (Batcho and Fortune)Sue the secutary. Jane, a general memory bank.
(Silent Lake : The Overlord/Mr BrightsideThe Whisperers (whisper whats outside), The Lightbringers (shine on parts to front), Martin and Janet (children with tails and wings)).
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:04 am
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:11 am

Floralie wrote:T

I think the answer is no to 1 and 2. They all seem to consider the body's birthday to be our collective birthday, as far as I know. And while they have ages, there's no sense of having been born in a particular year. They know when the body was born and I think they all know that they live inside that body and have to use it or influence it to do things in the outside world.

As for 3, when I first started finding out about parts, the first one I really started communicating with was Meredith (I didn't know her name at first, and thought she was about 4 or 6--now I think she slides from 6 to 12). I just assumed that all younger parts would be sort of frozen in time and just have memories from the past. So when I realized that she had her own tastes and preferences in the present and had been taking over or influencing me to pursue those interests, it was kind of startling and upsetting. I mean, it's one thing to have a feeling of having a "crush" on a child actor--that's weird enough. But then to realize that the feeling is coming from a young girl inside me and that's why I spend time watching him on Facebook or YouTube--that's a whole other level of weirdness.

There are other younger parts who haven't been regular fronters for most of our life, so their tastes and interests are more from the past.
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:04 am

Postby Zor » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:12 pm

Floralie wrote:Edit: I make clear questions

I'll totally tackle this one. ;)

So

1- Do we have our own birthdays? Yes. Absolutely, and none are the body & Zor's birthday.
Kitten and I are Feb 29th, yep Leap Year Babies! So we're like not as old as we are- and maybe that's why we had this date... cuz we didn't age with the body until we "anchored" ourselves via FB to the outside world.
Angel is exactly 11 months younger than I am- Jan 29th of the following year. for our ages to make sense in the context of the outside world we even set the "year" but it's not relational to the outside live trauma years, it's purely to make math work for ppl outside... so he was 1997, we're 1996 (cuz it had a leap year). Why? Well he's first like me, but always been the "protection" by being hurt... maybe cuz he was a kid longer than most of us... after the uncle monster hurt us.... never saw him much until the girl monster maybe a little before...
Some of those we don't know why:
Kaleb is Sept 21...
Katya April 11
Chloe July 14

That gives you an idea...

2- Do we have a year? Yes, as stated above, it's "anchored" now to outer world dates, before that IDK we had years... just vague "ages".

3- No, birthday memories tied to outside memories cuz we were hidden and like it wasn't known, and cuz like inner/outer weren't so tightly tied together like they've become the last 10 years...

{\Pixie/}
(Body - Male, 39)
Zor - primary host & main poster
The rest of us: {\Pixie/}, Kaitie-Lynn (aka "Kitten"), Kaleb, Angel, Katya, Satin, Charles, Chloe, Noah, and a few rarely seen
Zor
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post