Our partner

Does anyone interact with other personalities like this?

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Violarules, Johnny-Jack

Does anyone interact with other personalities like this?

Postby Azure77 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:19 pm

Hi. I almost never have episodes where another alter is fronting, but I can deliberately let others front if I want and take a back seat and just observe. Otherwise at the moment I seem to go to them for advice/comments/company. I might invite them to make comments to me inside my head or I can also let them use my voice to say things to me. And they comment on stuff in my life and encourage or discourage about things. Does anyone else interact with other headmates in this way? The voices can have different personalities and genders but I don't necessarily know a name or history for them.
Azure77
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:39 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Does anyone interact with other personalities like this?

Postby Sarandipity » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:24 pm

No. None of that.

Some alters pair up and co-front and sometimes they get so mixed and that's when I get a feeling of I don't know who I am, I think, and I loose a sense of knowing what I like or want to do or that's just when it's "me" I'm not sure. I couldn't tell you which alter I am right now for example so I'm either currently a mixture or I'm the main front and know there are other alters. Right now I wouldn't be able to call up an alter. If something triggered them out then that'd be different, they'd just come. I want to think "I'm the main front" or "the real front" or whatever but I think that'd be conceited of me although I feel like a "main host" or however you'd like to say it. If I was to answer brutally honestly right now I'd say I'm the real me and the others are alters, not me, but I know that's incorrect and I'm an alter the same as them. But I could be a mixture of parts right now and not know too because I know that happened to No-one. I changed job so going by who can do what I'd guess Karen did work, there was heavy dissociation half way through the day and I dunno why.

But I couldn't call them to the body or have them as company but I know they do keep eachother company sometimes. Some of them absolutely hate being in the body alone but some prefer it. I prefer it. I don't like to talk to them internally and it creeps me out, makes me feel dissociated. I can think back on what we've done since Monday, bits of it, but I can't remember the weekend at all or last week. My last memory is actually quite a while ago when the weather was warmer so i haven't been around for a while.

Sorry I went off track there trying to answer your question.
Main IW:
Obsidian
Beth KarenPatrickPeterRose
No-one Paul and Lilly
Terra Magicka: The Twins (Batcho and Fortune)Sue the secutary. Jane, a general memory bank.
(Silent Lake : The Overlord/Mr BrightsideThe Whisperers (whisper whats outside), The Lightbringers (shine on parts to front), Martin and Janet (children with tails and wings)).
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:39 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby ThorneInMySide » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:58 am

Azure77 wrote: I almost never have episodes where another alter is fronting, but I can deliberately let others front if I want and take a back seat and just observe.

Our gatekeeper Linden is kinda like this! He's almost always in the background just observing and deliberately letting the others front. I guess he's the main host when people aren't around but he's careful not to show himself around people so doesn't really front during the day. It's reassuring because if someone's up front and doesn't know what's going on he can help fill them in and give them advice. And when he is fronting he sometimes lets us use the voice to talk to him and it's real funny because it still surprises him to be thinking something and then hear the voice reply out loud something completely different that he doesn't expect.

But he also has veto power because of it which is really annoying when he tells me to behave and not eat all the icecream in one go D: But he's actually more nice and permissive than he acts, he acts like he's supposed to be a stern babysitter to me but I know he's actually really amused and okay when I do sneak more treats than I'm supposed to!
-Danny
(Linden says hi too! Hi from Linden and me!)
'Aki' | 'Bad' | 'Captain' | Danny | 'Feral' | 'Grim' | Linden | Lullaby | Matilda | 'MH' | Momo | 'Numb' | 'Perfectionist' | 'R' | 'Raven' | Teagan
ThorneInMySide
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:39 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Zor » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:45 am

Azure77 wrote:Hi. I almost never have episodes where another alter is fronting, but I can deliberately let others front if I want and take a back seat and just observe. Otherwise at the moment I seem to go to them for advice/comments/company. I might invite them to make comments to me inside my head or I can also let them use my voice to say things to me. And they comment on stuff in my life and encourage or discourage about things. Does anyone else interact with other headmates in this way? The voices can have different personalities and genders but I don't necessarily know a name or history for them.

Not quite in that way. I hear them, a few of them semi-regularly... one (Pixie) VERY regularly. I can hear her offering advice, tips, insights, her assessments and opinions, etc... But I know who it is, at least I've yet to encounter a voice or presence that ISN'T part of the system that we're already aware of.

As for talking TO them... well, Pixie likes to laugh at me b/c I haven't figured out HOW to do that internally. When I'm out and she wants to say something, she says it inside. I have to speak out loud to reply.
When she's out (or anyone else for that matter), I have NO awareness at all- Have had VERY FEW times where I've had any even vague awareness, but I had no ability to give input or communicate. I was just an observer, like watching a movie...

I am not terribly sure when others are out except maybe Pixie and Kitten- they are co-conscious with each other and they both had a sense of how they existed before, so MAYBE they can communicate, and maybe with others, too. Pixie's mentioned sometimes getting comments from Angel while she's been out (from things I've seen and others have told me). So I think she, at least, can communicate internally while actively "out".
(Body - Male, 39)
Zor - primary host & main poster
The rest of us: {\Pixie/}, Kaitie-Lynn (aka "Kitten"), Kaleb, Angel, Katya, Satin, Charles, Chloe, Noah, and a few rarely seen
Zor
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:39 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post