Our partner

Lonely tonight

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Violarules, Johnny-Jack

Lonely tonight

Postby ColouredLeaves » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:59 am

Hi it's Terrin. We Havnt been here in over a year but the gut-eating loneliness that I'm feeling right now finds me here. It's so hard being the only multiple I know. Having only therapists and doctors who really know us. C and Heather's husband has some connection with all of us...except me. I suffer quietly and alone and can't stand to be touched. I just wanna know: where are my ppl? Will this isolation, the feeling of my true life only happening inside my head, be forever? I want a friend! And that is not meant to be an entreaty to you, though it could be, it's more of just a crying out. I'm going to ask my new psychologist if she knows of any communities or connections to be made but I despair.
C, 28, f
Heather, 44, gender neutral
Heather Black, 44, gender neutral
Sarey, 8, f
Blue Sarey, 4, f
Terrin, 26, f
Helen, f
Silence, 16, f
Victoria, f
Esau, 12, m
ColouredLeaves
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Lonely tonight

Postby birdsong87 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:34 am

it is good to see you here again. I am sorry that the reasons are not happy ones.
this is a kind and supportive community, maybe it can help a bit
Dx: DID cPTSD
L (host 1); Asti (host 2); Annett (teen protector); Maya (child); Age (observer); Thamara (child); Danielle (aut. teen); Mike (caregiver) and others
our blog on resources: https://www.dis-sos.com
birdsong87
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:33 pm

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:44 am

Welcome back, Terrin. I hope this place can be supportive and help you feel less alone.
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:33 am

Postby everyone23 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:49 am

I haven’t been on this site for a long time either until just recently. I remember your name. I am sorry you are feeling so lonely. Sometimes I feel horribly lonely, too. I thought about starting a support group but I have no idea how to do that and am extremely social phobic so it doesn’t seem like the best idea. But I know what you mean about the loneliness. I hope you will be able to find comfort and community in your town and also with the people here. There are also DID communities on facebook I think; and I have been following some people on Youtube who have DID. I just started but it seems like there are at least some people with DID who are “out” and seem to be thriving. It has been encouraging to me to see them, I have learned some things, and it does make me feel less alone, although I have not really been able to make any connections that way. I wish you all the best and hope you will find the friend/s you are looking for.
everyone23
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:33 pm

Postby Amythyst » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:49 am

Hey Terrin,

Sorry you're struggling with the loneliness. Some of us feel that too.

Viola
Arin(22f); Charlie(6m); Claire(0f); Ewan(4m); Guardian(28m); Janet(4f); Kate(17/22f); L(∞f); Melissa(7f); Mike(35m); Nyssa(10f); Rebecca(∞f); Tegan(5f); Viola(17f); V1(22f); V2(16f); Waste(?); et al.
Dx: DID; previously depression, bipolar.(New) Journey Thread
Amythyst
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:33 pm

Postby salted lipstick » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:01 am

Hi

I remember seeing you 'round. I only drop in very occasionally too mostly when I'm feeling a bit lonely too. So in a sense you aren't alone.

From what you've said, you sound like you are quite isolated. I am left with the impression that you are thoughtful and resourceful as your post is insightful about your situation and you have been reaching out to your psychologist and are thinking about other ways you can connect with people. So given that you haven't already created a connection with people, do you think perhaps you might have been avoiding having people get to know you for some deeper reason?

I find personally that trying to fix a problem (like a lack of connection with people) doesn't really work for me unless I know the underlying reasons why I might be sabotaging my efforts a bit...
In a way, I am not defined by my dissociation. In a way, I am.

FORMER admin moderator. For current list please see: forum rules and list of active mods
salted lipstick
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:03 am

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post