Our partner

Possible dissociative disorder?

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

Re: Possible dissociative disorder?

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:13 pm

adaptivedaydreamer wrote:I technically meet the criteria for OSDD 1b but I suspect my experience with personas is different.
1) I don’t remember having them as a child.
2) The ones I’m aware of are generally good and helpful and more functional than the empty shell when they’re less present.
3) I don’t experience a tangible uber works where they all have separate lives.

Hi adaptivedaydreamer. Welcome to the forum.

I don't remember having parts as a child. I didn't really know I had them until two years ago in my mid-50s.

The ones of mine who handle daily life are functional and certainly helpful--they got me this far and kept me looking like one successful person.

I don't really have an inner world, and the parts I know about are focused on our external life most of the time. I can help them make relaxing inner places to go when something outside is stressful, but it feels more like a visualization that I'm doing then a place that exists all the time.

(Btw, if you "technically" meet the criteria for a disorder, then you have it. And you might not have ADHD--it's a very common misdiagnosis for dissociative disorders because dissociation interferes with attention. Although of course, it's possible to have both.)

the Gang
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:12 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby MakersDozn » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:28 pm

Snaga wrote:generally good alts, well, there I part from you- there's a couple stinkers inside.

We resemble that remark. :?

Welcome to the forum, Psychedelicflower and adaptivedaydreamer.

MDs
Body cis ♀ (1962). Realized 1996 that we're multiple. System of 47, all cis: 42 ♀, 5 ♂; 17 littles (0-7+), 9 middles (8-11+), 14 teens (12-17+), 5 bigs (18+), + formless yin/yang.

Notable: Charity 25 (oldest), Deborah 23, Drew 23f, Mary 23, Rachel 23, Laura 17.5, Allegra 17, Cass 17, shawn 16f.
Blog | Our Story | Journey
MakersDozn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:12 am

Postby Snaga » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:04 am

MakersDozn wrote:
Snaga wrote:generally good alts, well, there I part from you- there's a couple stinkers inside.

We resemble that remark. :?

Yeah me and Sammie have agreements about keeping the twins smacked down if they get a little too Front-y. Reckless, immature, brats.

Tell someone today you love them, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also confusing and terrifying.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:12 am

Previous

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post