Our partner

Need to find new therapist

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Johnny-Jack

Need to find new therapist

Postby Auntdidihc » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:01 pm

Hi, all. This is my first post and I was going to give the whole backstory, but I'm not sure it's necessary. I'm pretty upset, but long story short, we need to find a new therapist. Things were moving along fairly well, with someone we thought was experienced with DID, but her methodology is not what we thought and it has completely alienated the little ones. Most of the others are angry and hurt. I'm just so frustrated because we've wasted so much time (1 ½ years).

Anyway, I'm hoping someone here on the forum may have a lead as to how to locate a therapist who has DID experience. (I’ve already tried all the websites, Sidran, ISSTD, etc.)

TIA,
Val
Last edited by Johnny-Jack on Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: edited out location due to anonymity issues
Auntdidihc
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:48 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Need to find new therapist

Postby Johnny-Jack » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:49 pm

**Sorry but we don't generally allow folks to recommend individual professionals**
Last edited by Johnny-Jack on Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited my original response, locking thread
Forum rules

Dx = DID. My blog. My personal Periodic Table of alters.
Ab Ad Al Am An Ar As Ba Be Br Ca Cb Ch Cl Cm Cn Co Cp Ct Cu Cv D Eb Ed Er Es F Fl Ga Gd Go Gr Gw He Hk Hs Ht I J Jh Jk Jn Jy Ke Ki Kn Ky Li Lu Md Mi Mt Mx Mz Ne Ni O Pe Pi Q Ra Rd Ry Sc Se Sh Sk Sx Tk Ty U V Wa Wi X Y Ze Zn
Johnny-Jack
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:48 am
Blog: View Blog (45)

Re: Need to find new therapist

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:49 pm

Hi Val,

You've probably tried to work it out with the therapist, but I just wanted to check if you had let her know that something she did completely alienated the little ones. Did you bring it up to her and did she say that she won't change what she does? I'm only mentioning this because you said that things were moving along fairly well, and you've already seen her for a year and a half.

We have an excellent DID therapist, but he makes big mistakes sometimes, or we misunderstand something, and we seriously think about leaving. Then we're able to work it out because he apologizes and tries to change how he does things with us. He wants to do what WE need him to do, and if he ever does something that hurts the little ones (or anyone) then he's very sorry.

That being said, of course there are ways that a therapist could break your trust and not be able to (or choose not to) repair it, and then that would be a deal-breaker. I'm sorry you're going through this!
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:48 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post