Our partner

Blackouts

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Johnny-Jack

Blackouts

Postby jan689 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:09 pm

Hi. I'm new here. I'm 21 years old, female.
I've been having blackouts lately.
About a week ago, after choir rehearsal, I couldn't remember what happened but according to my friends, I couldn't recognize them and completely lost my memory. They said I thought my name was Annabelle. I "woke up" to find myself in bed.
Then, it happened again on Tuesday night only this time I wouldn't talk and thought my name was Isabella. I "woke up" to find myself in a restaurant and that was when I realized I was having dinner with my friends though I don't remember how I got there.
It's been happening since I was 13 when I thought I was an Egyptian demigoddess (I was functional and never hospitalized then). My friend told me I would be "possessed" by Egyptian gods and act like a completely different person but I have no recollection of it afterwards.
Please help me.
Thanks.
jan689
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:22 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Blackouts

Postby Johnny-Jack » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:52 am

Hi and welcome. I think you'll find many members here with similar experiences. Dissociative amnesia is a diagnosis in its own right but it's also a common experience of people with other dissociative disorders.

The dissociative identity forum (DID) is the most active of the dissociation forums and given your blackouts (often referred to as lost time) and at least some degree of identity confusion (Annabelle and Isabella), you may want to visit the DID forum. In fact, I can move this introductory thread there if you'd like, you're likely to get more responses.

By the way, identity confusion is a specific term and doesn't necessarily mean there's actual confusion, although it sounds like you may be about what's happening.
Forum rules

Dx = DID. My blog. My personal Periodic Table of alters.
Ab Ad Al Am An Ar As Ba Be Br Ca Cb Ch Cl Cm Cn Co Cp Ct Cu Cv D Eb Ed Er Es F Fl Ga Gd Go Gr Gw He Hk Hs Ht I J Jh Jk Jn Jy Ke Ki Kn Ky Li Lu Md Mi Mt Mx Mz Ne Ni O Pe Pi Q Ra Rd Ry Sc Se Sh Sk Sx Tk Ty U V Wa Wi X Y Ze Zn
Johnny-Jack
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:22 pm
Blog: View Blog (45)

Postby jan689 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:37 am

Hi! Thank you for replying to my post. You can move it to the DID forum, I don’t mind.
jan689
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby jan689 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:38 am

* duplicated *
jan689
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby IainEtc » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:10 pm

Hi Jan,

Welcome to the forum!

Things like lost time are pretty scary. You're very brave to write here. I hope you get what you're looking for.

Mostly lost time is because of some kind of emotional trigger. Figuring out what your triggers are can help you navigate this better. A therapist (a 'T') can help a lot if they know about dissociative disorders. The big thing for you to know is you are NOT crazy. You are reacting to something - just maybe you're not seeing what.

Good luck,

Iain & Colin
Iain - 14, Colin - 17, Evan - 7, Cody - 16, Raven, & Host - the adult out front

When they say 'be yourself',
which one do they mean?
IainEtc
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:22 pm

Postby Zor » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:32 pm

Welcome to the forum!

What you describe is terrifying, and most of us here have experienced something like it (if not that exact same sort of thing).

Hope we can be of help and comfort for you. :)
(Body - Male, 39)
Zor - primary host & main poster
The rest of us: {\Pixie/}, Kaitie-Lynn (aka "Kitten"), Kaleb, Angel, Katya, Satin, Charles, Chloe, Noah, and a few rarely seen
Zor
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:22 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post