Our partner

New to DID journey thread

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Johnny-Jack

New to DID journey thread

Postby Rive » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:02 am

Hi, guys. Still struggling to figure my system out. Getting ready to start the Coping With Trauma-Related Dissociation book with my therapist who is not trained in. DID. Never had a DID client. So we will see. I noticed lately that my alters are referring to me by my name and calling my name. Today also one of them was speaking gibberish. I dont mean like sentences I dont get which is often the case too but actual gibberish. I dont know how to deal with any of this. I did buy my littles a tiny little Elmo. It's adorable.
Rive
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: New to DID journey thread

Postby IainEtc » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:37 am

Hi Dnester,

The Coping book is good. We've done some of the exercises. Don't know much about gibberish.

Hope it works for you,

Iain
Iain - 14, Colin - 17, Evan - 7, Cody - 16, Raven, & Host - the adult out front

When they say 'be yourself',
which one do they mean?
IainEtc
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Allcoulors » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:08 am

Hope therapy works out for you.
Allcoulors
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:16 am

Postby Rive » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:30 pm

Thanks guys
Rive
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Rive » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:55 am

My psychologist told me that I can know for sure something is DID and not some other mental illness by the fact I can communicate with them but I really cant so how else would you know if they were alters? For example Thorne is sadistic and that's not me. Cameron is arrogant and almighty feeling thats not me. What about the sexual part of me or the homicidal part of me though? How do I not know they arent something else?
Rive
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Viridis » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:57 am

Dnester wrote:My psychologist told me that I can know for sure something is DID and not some other mental illness by the fact I can communicate with them but I really cant so how else would you know if they were alters? For example Thorne is sadistic and that's not me. Cameron is arrogant and almighty feeling thats not me. What about the sexual part of me or the homicidal part of me though? How do I not know they arent something else?

Hi there Dnester :D

Congrats on getting the 'all is clear' diagnosis, it takes a while and lots of communication with a Psychologist to say that. Though it sounds like you're still not certain about it?

Are you thinking as ' the others to be a part of yourself and not a separate persona, or something of the sort?

I have some nasty ones residing, -though they are their own and not connected with me that close. If one appeared after a traumatic event it might make sense for them to harbor some worse traits. I see that ones that are closer to me ( kinder..)) have a connection with my childhood where I was more " imaginative" than times that were rough that caused one of my naughtier ones to surface.
Viridis
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:16 pm

Postby Allcoulors » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:41 am

Your psychologist isnt trained in did so she shouldnt tell you that you have to know for sure because it does not work that way! Often ist very blurry and mixed up and takes al lot of work to find out who is who is which is what. It takes years and years sometimes....
How do the homicidal and sexual part feel to you? Do they/does it feel different from/then the other part you mention? Do they feel more like you? Do they surface at a specific time or place or in an emotion or with specific people... Maybe asking yourself these kind of questions can lead you to the right direction. Also keep asking inside.

-- Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:45 am --

And also wanted to let you know that for me, if you keep asking questions and keep mentioning other mental ilnesses, im not going to answer to your posts anymore. Its very triggering to me.
Allcoulors
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:16 am

Postby Rive » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:12 pm

Viridis, yes not quite sure they are seperate personalities.

AllCoulors, they do feel seperate in the fact I dont want to act on them. It's hard to know whats seperate from you when you have felt these things your whole life.
Rive
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Rive » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:00 pm

I'm confused my Psychologist who I dont see anymore who was trained in DID said that I need to communicate. With my alters on a daily basis. Like I said before I can't anyway so I dont engage in trying. My therapist who is not trained in DID told me I should tell them not know when they start chattering. The troubled alters. I dont know whos right. Luckily they are going to have a conference call.
Rive
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Rive » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:30 pm

So last night the chatter said I'm going to snuggle with Peaches. Don't know who Peaches is. Logically I know Peaches has to an alter because why would I say something about a Peaches I dont know. My mind also tells me that could be random thoughts. Since I dont have communication it makes it hard.
Rive
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post