Our partner

Multi-faceted & semi-precious.

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Violarules, Johnny-Jack

Re: Multi-faceted & semi-precious.

Postby SystemFlo » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:19 pm

Amythyst wrote:She said "we hafta show all 4 genders: male, female, catgirl, & unknown!" :lol:

Do you view cat more of a gender than a species? That it's catgirls, not catpeople who happen to be females?

I'm asking, cause we have so many not-so-common genders in the system. For example Ferro's gender is soldier. Some boys grow into men, some into soldiers according to him and that's it. In system Fourteen there's many genders, but non them is girl or anything between male and female. Same way than Ferro's soldier, genders in our system grow to different directions. Non of them feel they belong to gender minority tho, because that's something that's more about being both or between males and females etc, and like that they still kind of are all males. They're just more specific about the way they are that.
Flor F main front
Sami M 16 (15-26) system manager, defender
Lucas M 16 balancer, socializer, self care
Leon M 4
Fourteen M 14 main trauma holder, DID (ca 20 parts age 3-16):
- random M teen
SystemFlo
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:06 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Amythyst » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:55 pm

Hey Floralie,

So yeah, when I said that I was kinda kidding abit about the '4 genders' thing. I actually believe there's lotsa genders, like its not just 2. Not even just 2 + 'other' or whatever. I dunno how many, maybe everyone gets their own. 7 billion genders. :)

And for me personally (I can't speak for anyone else, can't even speak for Kate) yeah I'd say my gender is 'catgirl'. My species is 'human-feline hybrid', and I'm a female of that species. But my gender is 'catgirl'... it has meaning to me I guess, to say it like that?

On our system map tho my plan was to show humans & nonhumans differently. So I gotta actually come up with a better symbol for Ewan cos he's not a human boy, he's an actual cat. Kate & me are the two human-feline hybrids. "L" is something else but I can't really make a special symbol for her without knowing what she is. We guess fae but she's never confirmed it. And "Waste" is just, unknown. We don't even know if they're a person or a thing. :?

Anyways, yeah, so if Ferro's gender is 'soldier' then that's fine. Like, sometimes we may not understand what it means, but we can always respect what people feel.

Viola
Arin(22f); Charlie(6m); Claire(0f); Ewan(4m); Guardian(28m); Janet(4f); Kate(17/22f); L(∞f); Em(22f); Melissa(7f); Nyssa(10f); Rebecca(∞f); Tegan(5f); Viola(17f); V1(22f); V2(16f); Waste(?); et al.
Dx: DID; previously depression, bipolar.(New) Journey ThreadThe Team
Amythyst
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:06 pm

Postby Amythyst » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:47 pm

So we had T today, first session after 3 week break.

It was ok, I guess.

We gave her a printout of the system map we made, & spent the whole session discussing that & stuff that came up from it. So I had to like explain about Em, & had to explain about V1 being confined by "L" & stuff.

I still have like mixed feelings or whatever. I dunno if that means I'm feeling conflicting feelings from others in our system, or if its like literally just my own feelings are mixed. :?

Like it felt like alot of the session I was on the defensive, like having to justify stuff or whatever, but then at the end it felt less like a conflict or argument and more like it was good and she was understanding stuff. I dunno if that's how it really was or just like, us having mixed up perceptions & stuff.

I really hope Em will go next week, cos I think it'd be good for all of us. Let the T meet someone who's not me for a change, & get another perspective & stuff. And I'd just like a break I guess from being the one to do the sessions. I think it's been like, just me for the last 2 or 3 months maybe?

Exhausted now, we might just go to bed early tonite. Littles got one of their movies on, but when its done maybe we'll just head to bed. :?

Viola
Arin(22f); Charlie(6m); Claire(0f); Ewan(4m); Guardian(28m); Janet(4f); Kate(17/22f); L(∞f); Em(22f); Melissa(7f); Nyssa(10f); Rebecca(∞f); Tegan(5f); Viola(17f); V1(22f); V2(16f); Waste(?); et al.
Amythyst
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ArbreMonde » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:19 am

Viola@Amythyst wrote:And for me personally (I can't speak for anyone else, can't even speak for Kate) yeah I'd say my gender is 'catgirl'. My species is 'human-feline hybrid', and I'm a female of that species. But my gender is 'catgirl'... it has meaning to me I guess, to say it like that?

I totally get what you mean. I have trouble seeing myself fitting in a human-defined gender, so even if I often simplify by saying I'm non-binary / genderfluid, I'm also kinda like... qilin-gender. The fluidity of gender coming from the fluidity of my qilin shape, I guess. (btw, people who use non-gender words to define their gender are called "xenogender" :) )

I hope that the feelings you got with the T eased up a bit. I know how tough it is to be defensive all the time. Hooves crossed, next time someone else will agree with meeting the T!

Take care.

--Zami--
Multiple system Dx autistic, depression, c-PTSD...

They/them: --Zami--
He/him: -X- or -David- | oOo van H. oOo | //Ulysses// | °Isaïa° | ((Wolf)) | {Envy} | #Uriel# | .....
She/her: ~Theia~ | oOo Mrs. H. oOo | *Reyna* | ♥Lust♥ | .....

Journey thread
ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:06 am

Postby Amythyst » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:12 pm

Thanks Zami!

Its one of those things I think where like alot of society has to kinda let go of all their rigid thinking & categories & stuff. And especially let go of the idea that 'gender' and 'genitals' are the same thing, cos they're totally not. :x

I follow alot of folks on twitter who're 'non conforming' & stuff, & read some like indie fiction stories & stuff, so I get alot of exposure to some of these things & it just seems normal to me?

Like a story I read recently, one character described their gender as "Poe's raven, screaming Nevermore!" and like, that's a simple phrase but paints a big picture, so you understand what they mean? Or at least you get the point they're making, even if you don't know what it specifically means to them?

Thats a cool word, xenogender, it makes me think of the aliens tho from the movies, the xenomorphs that Ripley had to fight? :lol:

Anyways, so Em seems to be warming up to the idea of meeting our T next week so I won't hafta go. :) She's sorta making a list of stuff she wants to talk about, & kinda mentally preparing herself cos the T will probably have a whole bunch of awkward questions for her. :)

Viola
Amythyst
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby MakersDozn » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:06 pm

Zami@ArbreMonde wrote:(btw, people who use non-gender words to define their gender are called "xenogender" :) )

Consider us informed! :)

MDs
(also waving to Amythyst folks)
Multiple self-dxed 1996. Body 58f, no original. System of 47: 42 ♀, 5 ♂; 17 littles (7+under), 9 middles (8-11), 14 teens (12-17+), 5 bigs (18+up), + a formless yin/yang. Oldest member is 25.

Notable: Charity 25, Deborah 23, Drew 23f, Mary 23, Rachel 23, Laura 17.5, Allegra 17, Cass 17, shawn 16f.
Blog | Our Story | Journey
MakersDozn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Amythyst » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:35 pm

~waving back at MD folks~

Got a few brief updates, dunno what to do so just gonna put them here.

Friday I accidently slammed a drawer on a finger & probably broke it. :? Its the pinky on our left hand. V2 broke it last summer chopping firewood, then before it fully healed it got broke again in a bike crash. Hasn't been quite right since then.

I was sure it was broke when it got caught in the drawer but then wasn't sure afterwards. Like, it mostly doesn't hurt. Sometimes it goes numb. But then we forget its 'hurt' & use that hand normally, & its like the whole hand is super weak & then the finger starts aching like crazy. I wish we could just get xrays without having to deal with doctors. Like, if its broken we know what to do, we don't need a doctor to fuss over it.

Stuff like this makes me think we have some medical trauma or something. Cos we just don't wanna deal with doctors. Like, ever. Broken bones, minor infections, cuts, burns, etc. we know how to deal with that stuff. Don't see the need to get a doctor involved. :? Only stuff we see a doctor about, is stuff where we have no choice. :x

Also, some time friday or saturday we may have messed up a toe. Didn't notice till late saturday when getting ready for bed, it looks all black & blue & feels like someone hit it with a hammer. :? Noone remembers falling or tripping or stubbing it on something. A mystery. *shrug*

Em's maybe gonna go to T this week so I get a break. She's been making a list of stuff to talk about. Mostly its stuff she wants the T to do differently, or stuff T does that bugs us, that kinda thing. Stuff that the rest of us would have trouble discussing with the T cos it feels like 'rocking the boat' kinda thing. So I hope Em does go & talk for us on Wednesday.

Oh, and last night Em finally told me her real name. :D Kinda funny I guess, we're like almost 3 weeks into a relationship & only now she tells me her name. :lol:

"Em" is still how she wants to be called, and she doesn't want me saying her real name yet. When she's ready, she'll share I guess. Its nothing bad or embarassing or whatever. I think she's just being cautious and stuff.

Right now we're having a busy day with work stuff & I'm having trouble focusing, or caring... I still have trouble with work I guess. Like, I'm probably not too bad when someone gives me instructions or a set task or whatever? Like, here's some work go do it. But when its more fuzzy and maybe needs me to be more like proactive or whatever, thats when it goes badly.

I just don't care enuf about the work or the job to get like, into it? I even forgot the name of the company last week and like we've worked at this business for like 20 years, heck we've actually owned it for 18 months, and I forgot what it was called. :lol:

Viola
Amythyst
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby MeMyselfMaureen » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:17 pm

If you dont want to go to doctors because of trauma assume it is broken and immobalise it. A looong time ago Mo was training to be a nurse and she was told that if she suspected a broken ankle but couldn't prove one way or another to treat it like a broken ankle because if you assume its just sprained and let the kid walk around on it they will end up crippled for life.

Its only your little finger so strapping it up to a splint isn't going to be a MAJOR inconvinience .

Grace - i think......
Grace (host) Mo (protector) Peter (child) Elspeth (child) Midnight (unkown) Shadow (fragment, grief holder, toddler) Aegipan (goatbeing - the ultimate solution) Christopher (faith, caretaker)
MeMyselfMaureen
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:06 pm

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:46 am

Sorry about your finger and toe, and sorry you're having a hard day.

Sounds like a really good idea to have Em talk to the T. You gotta rock the boat if it isn't heading where you want it to!
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:06 pm

Postby Amythyst » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:13 pm

Thanks Grace, thanks Gang.

We're still thinking / hoping Em's gonna deal with T tomorrow.

Struggling again with work today... having a lot of trouble focusing & thinking straight. I dunno if something's triggered us or its just like, brainfog from depersonalization or whatever. :?

Just got like alot of really important stuff to do & can't focus, can't stay on it for more than a couple minutes at a time before getting all exhausted & headachey. :(

Viola
Amythyst
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post