Our partner

getting kicked out of the inner world?

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Violarules, Johnny-Jack

getting kicked out of the inner world?

Postby lartiste » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:54 pm

Hello everybody,
I want to talk about a weird experience I had a week ago. I was actively relaxing and picturing myself in my safe space, then I invited my headmates to come to the safe place with me to talk a little. 2 of my headmates came and I saw them as people for the first time (before that I had only seen them as fog kinda, like I knew their age (or more "felt" it) and I knew where they were standing and I knew who they were, but I didn't see a clear body/face. I met lucy and annie in physical form (I feel very embarrassed about the way lucy dresses/expresses herself.) Annie decided to take me for a walk around the house (the house that I imagine as our communication center) and show me what it's like. She led me down a huge staircase in front of a pool and wanted to take me to see the otters, that's when a teenage boy appeared in front of us and angrily yelled "NO, you can't do this" and then everything went foggy... I couldn't get a clear picture anymore and I didn't feel anyone close at all after that....

I'm assuming that this part thinks I'm not ready/allowed to learn more... has anybody else ever been kicked out like this before? How did you manage to communicate with the parts that aren't fond of you?
Body is 19, System of 5 (so far):
-Julia/Jules, 19, Host
-Lucy, 8-11
-Sunny, 5-8
-Annie, 4
-grey thing?
lartiste
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:04 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: getting kicked out of the inner world?

Postby Allcoulors » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:15 pm

I would say just keep trying and asking inside. To me it sounds like you already made huges steps in the inner world and getting to know some of you parts! The part that doesnt want you there probably has his reasons, try and ask why and what he needs maybe?
Allcoulors
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:04 am

Postby Zor » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:38 pm

lartiste wrote:I'm assuming that this part thinks I'm not ready/allowed to learn more... has anybody else ever been kicked out like this before? How did you manage to communicate with the parts that aren't fond of you?

Sounds like someone is scared and thinks you need to be held back from whatever it is that hurts/scares them and wants to keep you safe... even if in a misguided way.

Maybe a space to talk to the others, or a place apart from others to try and invite that one part to... somewhere to speak... maybe try writing to that person and asking them to write you, too? See if you can make some sort of communication without trying to push into the space he's keeping you out of, and trying to get some understanding first?
(Body - Male, 39)
Zor - primary host & main poster
The rest of us: {\Pixie/}, Kaitie-Lynn (aka "Kitten"), Kaleb, Angel, Katya, Satin, Charles, Chloe, Noah, and a few rarely seen
Zor
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:04 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby lartiste » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:20 pm

Thank you both for your replies. The inner world is now very foggy to me, but I haven't tried moving about the house again (after I he could try to protect me and I also want to respect his space) . I have asked Annie to pass along a message, hopefully that will make some sort of communication spark :)
Body is 19, System of 5 (so far):
-Julia/Jules, 19, Host
-Lucy, 8-11
-Sunny, 5-8
-Annie, 4
-grey thing?
lartiste
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:04 am

Postby Zor » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:41 pm

lartiste wrote:Thank you both for your replies. The inner world is now very foggy to me, but I haven't tried moving about the house again (after I he could try to protect me and I also want to respect his space) . I have asked Annie to pass along a message, hopefully that will make some sort of communication spark :)

Be patient. Fear is hard to combat, especially if that one has lived in that state for a long long time. Be understanding and compassionate, and it will come in time... and if it doesn't, just trust that that one is desperate to protect you from something he feels is really bad and doesn't want you hurt. That's a GOOD thing.
(Body - Male, 39)
Zor - primary host & main poster
The rest of us: {\Pixie/}, Kaitie-Lynn (aka "Kitten"), Kaleb, Angel, Katya, Satin, Charles, Chloe, Noah, and a few rarely seen
Zor
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:04 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post