Our partner

Demonic Alters *Trigger Warning*

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Violarules, Johnny-Jack

Demonic Alters *Trigger Warning*

Postby karazure » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:42 am

Do any other systems have alters who identify or present as being demons, or as being from hell? I've discovered that we have two alters who are demons, one who believes that he died and went to hell (and was then forced to posses our body), and another one named Devil, whose origins I'm unsure of. For those with demonic alters: why do you think your alters present as demons? What roles do they carry out? I look forward to everyone's responses!
Last edited by lilyfairy on Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Trigger warning added- no other changes
karazure
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:04 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Demonic Alters *Trigger Warning*

Postby birdsong87 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:32 pm

we don't have that but we know that it is very common, especially for people with a cult background.
the important thing is to understand that while these parts believe that they are something evil, they are really just parts. maybe they got fooled into believing what they believe by abusers and maybe they thought that the safest thing to be is the most evil thing they can imagine because nobody can hurt them then. or that if evil things happen to them surely they somehow must be evil.
often these parts are very young. I would do my best to show compassion and kindness, that is probably something they never got before, and not be scared. they are not demonic. they are just parts like you and me, in a specific role.
Dx: DID cPTSD
L (host 1); Asti (host 2); Annett (teen protector); Maya (child); Age (observer); Thamara (child); Danielle (aut. teen); Mike (caregiver) and others
our blog on resources: https://www.dis-sos.com
birdsong87
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:04 am

Postby Una+ » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:01 pm

Yes, it is quite common. Use a web browser to search this forum (use the site: search term) and you'll find lots of threads on this topic.
Dx DID older woman married w kids. 0 Una, host + 3, 1, 5. 1 animal. 2 older man. 3 teen girl. 4 girl behind amnesia wall. 5 girl in love. Our thread.
Una+
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:04 am

Postby IainEtc » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:06 pm

Hi,

Mostly the biggest baddest most evil demonic alters are really some of the littlest Littles who are so afraid of being hurt that they need to be the biggest baddest etc. They really get into the part sometimes and it takes a lot of caring about them to get them to stop it.

Just some ideas.

Iain
Iain - 14, Colin - 17, Evan - 7, Cody - 16, Raven, & Host - the adult out front

When they say 'be yourself',
which one do they mean?
IainEtc
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:04 pm

Postby Una+ » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:18 pm

Exactly.
Dx DID older woman married w kids. 0 Una, host + 3, 1, 5. 1 animal. 2 older man. 3 teen girl. 4 girl behind amnesia wall. 5 girl in love. Our thread.
Una+
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:04 am

Postby Floralie » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:46 pm

Don't have one, but I think I could if those reasons we had to do something similar would've lead us further.

I saw lot of horror movies when I was little. Therefor I was terrified of almost anything, because anything can be bad, or someone can come from there, or maybe someone has been killed there, or I would. I still hate dolls and clowns, but not mirrors (that way), walls, beds, bathtubs, showers etc. anymore. We lived next to forest and I spent a lot of time there with our dog, but was still scared of it. I think our original inner world is also a forest that has a bad will, it's looking for you and alive around you, everywhere.

I remember I one day got sick about it all and decided I am the worst thing in the forest. I'm there preying all other things and what ever there is, they're my next victim, not the other way round. I didn't ACTUALLY start doing those things, it was just an image in my mind. If I'd came across with serial killer, I'd hunt them down too. I think it wasn't me, it was probably Sami back then who became as bad or worse than anything that could threaten us, and I continued playing in the forest with the dog, and am not scared of them anymore, not even when it's dark. I take the attitude for it, and I'm freed of being scared, we'll get ready to attack. We still do, but nowadays it's maybe late at night when we are out in areas that are not that safe in our city. We kind of have a weapon with us, it's not a real weapon, it's an everyday object everyone uses probably everyday or several times a day that needs to be with us anyway, but when you take it to your hand certain way, it's pretty violent thing to hit someone with, and we do put it that way in our pocket when it's more likely to be attacked. And we feel ready, not scared, not violent, just ready.

I think we didn't identify being that bad really, because we weren't that separate. We were there together, kind of balancing ourselves/each other.

Sami is our defender, and although he knows and fully understand all people are born from their parents, he'd never say it aloud. If anyone ever asks, he always says he doesn't have parents. He doesn't identify with having parents, at all. Therefor the logic is he came to be from somewhere else. It was kind of a joke once, but lasted for years, when he said he came to be from bad spirit. There can be a deeper meaning in it too, because we wouldn't have him as our defender if we wouldn't have needed one. So he DID came to be because of bad things. But he's not into demon stuff, he thinks it's in a way so childish. He kind of likes the old horror movies tho, because they're so meaningful for us, nostalgic, but I've become way more sensitive when I realized we're not the same person, that I wouldn't watch them anymore. And littles are more here, they'd see them too, so we can't even if I'd want to.

Part of the reason why the thing about him being originated from bad spirit was his birthday, he's born 6th day of 6th month. It can also actually refer to our parents and the fact he sees them as bad, because he doesn't empathize with their reasons as much as I do, it's not his job.

When I was around ten or so, I did feel I belong to darkness. I didn't want to, or never glorified it, but just felt like it. Now I think it's just so sad. But I think that is how you make parts like demons. They see themselves as something profoundly bad, they can't be scared no more, but turn to identify rather bad than scared, or they feel there's real power in it and they really need it. What ever the reason is, the reason is sad one. They can also represent something that is very hidden, even from yourself, which they think is bad, but isn't really. And like others said, if there's a big bad bully in the system, it's common to find scared little one either from behind it that it protects, or that it's a mask of the little one's to scare others away from them.

Our family was not religious. If I would've been scared of hell like that too, I think we could have a demon or two in the system, and it would be very understandable. However, the're not to be scared of. If they're demons because they wanna be scary to others (and therefor feel safe) they may not like me to say it. But our defender is like that too. He doesn't mind at all f someone sees him like he'd be bad, and he's fine to be something people are scared of too. Like my mom. He doesn't look for it anymore, but did once.
Floralie F main front
Sami M 16 (15-26) defender
Lucas M 16 (19) self care
Ferro M 14/24
Rami M 25 inner protector/caretaker manager
Anastasia F 26 inner caretaker, female sexuality
Subsystem, 20+ parts:
- Jules M 11
- Little Leon M 4
Floralie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:04 am

Postby SOHank » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:06 pm

First, welcome!

There are two in SF’s system that believe they died. One is 4 y/o. The other no longer has an age as she has become in her words “beyond human.” (Think transcending and it would be kind of close.) Both of them have their own “defense mechanisms” if you can call it that. Dinah couldn’t feel anything good, only coldness and wet (keeps from getting hopes crushed :( ). A. felt beyond the need of anything as wants and desires are for humans, not her. (We are making progress with both. :D )

As others have mentioned the “demonic” persona is likely a defense mechanism with someone who needs kindness and love underneath.

Do you have a T (therapist) that you are working with?
Married to SunflowerGals
SOHank
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:04 pm

Postby Muninn » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:23 pm

We have also have a little one who was "trapped in hell" inside of our headspace and was in a constant state of terror and fear. Fortunately we were able to rescue them.

We grew up in a very religious family and with a mother who was obsessed with believes about hell and demons. So that's probably the source of it.

- Autumn
Muninn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:04 am

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post