Our partner

Accused of Being Demon Possessed

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Violarules, Johnny-Jack

Accused of Being Demon Possessed

Postby Zor » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:26 pm

So last night one of the two guys that first confronted me a little over a year ago about everything, that first brought to my attention the "friends" I had been talking to were me... that led to us going to the doctors and getting seen there regularly, getting an initial "suspected dissociative disorder" prognosis, later an "OSDD" diagnosis which would be changed several months later to DID...

Anyhow this particular friend that brought this to awareness so I COULD get help and begin figuring it out, spent a little over an hour and a half here last night... saying his research online had led him to believe it's NOT DID at all, not a mental health issue at all... that I'm literally possessed by a demon- and that Pixie among the most cooperative and helpful of all the alters in general despite the threat and cost of losing inside connections... is THE big "enemy"...

Literally. I'm shocked, stunned, overwhelmed... it's a wreck. Just in a state of shock and hurt and need to let it out...
(Body - Male, 39)
Zor - primary host & main poster
The rest of us: {\Pixie/}, Kaitie-Lynn (aka "Kitten"), Kaleb, Angel, Katya, Satin, Charles, Chloe, Noah, and a few rarely seen
Zor
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:14 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Accused of Being Demon Possessed

Postby Amythyst » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:32 pm

Hi Zor,

That really super sucks. Sounds like this person isn't interested in helping you tho, just dealing with their own $#%^ and projecting it at you.

I dunno if its practical but if it was us, that'd be the last time we ever saw or spoke to that 'friend'. Mike says they'd be ghosted. We'd block their phone #, email, social media etc and they'd just disappear from our life.

We hope you stay safe.

V2
Outside Team: Arin (22f); Viola (17f); V2 (16f);
Inside Team: Charlie(6m); Claire(0f); Ewan(4m); Guardian(28m); Janet(4f); L(∞f); Melissa(7f); Mike(35m); Nyssa(10f); Rebecca(∞f); Tegan(5f); Trina(25f); V1(22f); Waste(?); et al.
Body: 49f • Dx: DID; previously depression, bipolar.(New) Journey Thread
Amythyst
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:14 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby birdsong87 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:38 pm

I think your friend needs help. their fear or helplessness or ignorance has driven them into a world of fantasy to look for a solution there.
education helps.
Dx: DID cPTSD
L (host 1); Asti (host 2); Annett (teen protector); Maya (child); Age (observer); Thamara (child); Danielle (aut. teen); Mike (caregiver) and others
our blog on resources: https://www.dis-sos.com
birdsong87
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:14 am

Postby Zor » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:25 pm

And this from one I THOUGHT was a friend and a good support network piece. :?

Turns out the year-long conversation he'd ASKED TO HAVE with Pixie was so he could accuse her of this later?! He ASKED to talk to her and I encouraged her to... and he does THIS?!
(Body - Male, 39)
The rest of us: {\Pixie/}, Kaitie-Lynn (aka "Kitten"), Kaleb, Angel, Katya, Satin, Charles, Chloe, Noah, and a few rarely seen
Zor
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Una+ » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:50 pm

Sounds like your friend has encountered a "spiritual warfare" website or two. A few years ago I encountered someone who was similarly brainwashed, basically lacking in that all important spiritual community quality: discernment.

Sounds like your friend has also been not up front with you for a long time. I know how this hurts. Recently a false friend was revealed in my own circle. In hindsight I wish I had required this person to say more about what they thought about matters I disclosed, why they were interested. I think they told themself they were "helping" me.

Another thought: your friend read this stuff recently and got scared. He is now "trying it on for size" with you. Will you react like a demon, with rage? Or will you be mundane human Zor with parts and ask him "Seriously? Nah."

In any event, the way forward is the same for both of us: live our truth, openly. Those who are for us will draw closer; those who are not for us will leave. I have resolved to be more open, sooner, with new people in my life.
Dx DID older woman married w kids. 0 Una, host + 3, 1, 5. 1 animal. 2 older man. 3 teen girl. 4 girl behind amnesia wall. 5 girl in love. Our thread.
Una+
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:14 am

Postby Zor » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:13 pm

Una+ wrote:Sounds like your friend has encountered a "spiritual warfare" website or two. A few years ago I encountered someone who was similarly brainwashed, basically lacking in that all important spiritual community quality: discernment.

Sounds like your friend has also been not up front with you for a long time. I know how this hurts. Recently a false friend was revealed in my own circle. In hindsight I wish I had required this person to say more about what they thought about matters I disclosed, why they were interested. I think they told themself they were "helping" me.

Another thought: your friend read this stuff recently and got scared. He is now "trying it on for size" with you. Will you react like a demon, with rage? Or will you be mundane human Zor with parts and ask him "Seriously? Nah."

In any event, the way forward is the same for both of us: live our truth, openly. Those who are for us will draw closer; those who are not for us will leave. I have resolved to be more open, sooner, with new people in my life.

My reaction was bewildered, largely silent, shock. The same overwhelming shell-shock feelings of that April morning a little over a year ago.
No rage. No anger... not even hurt (that began to set in many hours later- and still is)...

Ironic, on one of those sites, run by people with degrees in medical/psych and religious fields, the criteria for what is an alter and what's a demon CLEARLY note our parts are NOT demonic. :?
(Body - Male, 39)
Zor
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby IainEtc » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:18 pm

Zor -

Seen this before. Label someone a demon. Then it's no problem to hurt them. Life as a F-ing role-playing game. They get to be the hero. Fight the monster. Guilt-free aggression. Bad sh*t.

My advice - don't let this go too far. Gets ugly.

Sorry you got hurt.

Colin
Iain - 14, Colin - 17, Evan - 7, Cody - 16, Raven, & Host - the adult out front

When they say 'be yourself',
which one do they mean?
IainEtc
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:14 pm

Postby SeveralCrows » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:21 pm

We're so sorry this happened to you. That kind of betrayal is devastating. We haven't experienced this in particular, but we've had a few people whom we thought were good support around trauma, whom we've discovered over the past few months are actually exploitative and wanted to use us. We had to end those "friendships" because we realized they were never actually friends, which was utterly heartbreaking.

We wish you the best through this heartache and hope you'll continue to take good care of yourselves. We've seen the great work your system has done in this past year and know you support each other well, and we hope you get the support you need around this from external people as well.

-the Crows
32F Human Body - OSDD-1 System of ~22 known parts, including fragments.
Sev3 is the main front and mostly identifies with the body.
SeveralCrows
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby H-Black » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:35 pm

Hi, Zor.

Sadly people who doesn't want to understand react that way.

Happened to me when I was around 13? My parents were really worried since they think I've changed (probably did? I don't really remember who I was or if it was /me/).

Sent to a psychologist who told them to send me to church. :|

Just be aware that that's not what's happening and they don't need to label any of you like a "demon". If he would really want to understand what you're going through, he would listen to what you have to say instead of just trying to push whatever he's thinking as if were your reality.

Sending you hugs and good vibes hope you feel better soon.
Dx: Asperger's and PTSD.

English isn't my native language. Let me know if I did any mistake so I could learn from it.

Adrian [Host]
Hiro [Angry/Protector?]
Akira [Lively guy]
Noah [Gatekeeper/ISH?]
Azumi [Daydreamer]
Nameless Little.
H-Black
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby fireheart » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:47 pm

That's awful, Zor.
Sorry you're going through this.

It's not you, it's him. Ignorance, helplessness maybe? Either way, not your problem.. but your pain, now. It hurts more when it's unexpected.

I also agree that this person doesn't sound safe to interact with anymore. :(
fireheart
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:14 am

Next

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post