Our partner

No difference

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Violarules

No difference

Postby Dnester » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:50 pm

I have spent two days on a Reddit forum talkimg with schizophrenics and people with DID. There is no difference in what they experience as voices. Both are the same.
Thorne- protector
Messer- self harmer- persecutor
Gray- persecutor
Abela-sexual part- protector
Dnester
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: No difference

Postby Dnester » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:52 pm

Both describe voices that are thought like so I dont have that as proof anymore. Sometimes are your thought like voices loud?
Thorne- protector
Gray- persecutor
Dnester
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Allcoulors » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:52 pm

Why do you keep doing this. Keep questioning and asking everwhere and everyone. Why not focus on whats your truth.. Thats what matters...
Allcoulors
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:16 am

Postby Dnester » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:09 pm

I would if I knew what it was.
Thorne- protector
Gray- persecutor
Dnester
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby myce » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:03 am

I'm glad you looked that up Dnester, because I've wondered about this too. I tried looking up the difference between DID and schizophrenia and didn't find much. But I found this:

Schizophrenia and dissociative identity disorder (DID) are typically thought of as unrelated syndromes—a genetically based psychotic disorder versus a trauma-based dissociative disorder—and are categorized as such by the DSM-IV. However, substantial data exist to document the elevated occurrence of psychotic symptoms in DID; awareness of these features is necessary to prevent diagnostic confusion. Recent research has also pointed out that schizophrenia and DID overlap not only in psychotic symptoms but also in terms of traumatic antecedents, leading to a number of suggestions for revision of our clinical, theoretical, and nosologic understanding of the relationship between these two disorders.

Source

What they're saying is that schizophrenia and DID may not be the completely different things that they're thought to be. I believe "milder" forms of dissociative disorders also cause a lot of other things that are misdiagnosed as depression, anxiety, ADHD, eating disorders, etc.

The DSM categories are just TOOLS for you to use to understand what is happening to your brain. Schizophrenia and DID are not real things that exist, but they are categories people created to try to understand what they observed. The doctors who observe us don't see what we see, however. With your logical mind you might figure things out that nobody else knows about. Observe what you are experiencing.

Let me tell you something else. I call myself Front1 for this explanation. I am a host fragment fixated on logic. That is a defensive fixation that says, "If I can understand what is happening, then I can be safe." One time (before I learned I have alters) I decided there is no such thing as ghosts, gods, etc. and all the weird stuff is just happening inside of my brain. That helps me keep my brain more organized since I can know the difference between what is real in the outside world and what is in my head.

I suggest you have a defensive fixation on logic that might be, um... obstructing you. It's keeping you safe from the scary confusing stuff inside of your brain. But you should stop that and just observe what you are experiencing. There is a whole other brain who operates on a different kind of logic. That is the creative mind who operates on symbolic or dream logic. They can help you find your way.
OSDD self-dx
42f
myce
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Dnester » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:11 am

Explain the defensive fixation on logic obstructing me? You have an alter that does that? I can not handle it being the same.
Thorne- protector
Gray- persecutor
Dnester
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby myce » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:05 am

I don't know how to explain very well. I don't know if "obstructing" is the right word or if it even applies to you. It's just a fragment I observed in my system and thought you might relate. Imagine it this way, there are different types of minds within one person that have different abilities. This is true even in normal people but even more so for us. If one mind is active, it might suppress another. If you're in a terrible situation, you might suppress your feelings and think. Normal people might do that. It is an excellent way to cope with many situations.

But if it's a defensive fixation then you're kind of stuck in that mindset. If you're traumatized then it is protective. You feel you need proof, it is understandable. That is true in the outside world of logic. I think everybody with OSDD/DID doubts their own existence at times because because that's just part of the syndrome. But we do not exist only in the mind that is rational.
OSDD self-dx
42f
myce
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Floralie » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:26 am

The truth is INSIDE you, not in here, not in any book, not in any other forum Dnester. You are having thousand different denial questions again and again, and those are the ways you avoid the real stuff, all that is inside you. That's where you find your parts, and you do know you have them. Working with it would be something beneficial. Working with the relationship with your T is beneficial. This questioning thing is a symptom of yours. That is the reason why some of us (including me) stop talking to you when you go in that denial mode again.

We do not get to know us, if we refuse to see us. I agree with myce.

You will never get to know, if you never try for real, but keep on questioning.
Floralie F main front
Sami M 16(-26) defender
Lucas M 16 self care manager
Fourteen M 14 main trauma holder with DID-system:
- Little Leon M 4
Ferro M 14/24
Rami M 25 inner caretaking manager, inner protector
Anastasia F 26 inner caretaker, female sexuality
?? M 25-28 inner caretaker of Fourteen's
Floralie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:16 am

Postby Dnester » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:40 am

I am trying I really am but finding out DID and schizophrenia voices are experienced the same has really thrown me for a loop. I dont know what to believe now. It was my proof.
Thorne- protector
Gray- persecutor
Dnester
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Allcoulors » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:52 am

But if thats proof to you, then you are also saying that I am schizofrenic and maybe half of the other People on the forum here?
There is no proof in psychiatric disorders... Look inside yourself and try to work with that, learn tot trust in yourself and not others. Your good enough and worth it!
Allcoulors
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:16 am

Next

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post