Our partner

Session today

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Violarules

Session today

Postby Dnester » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:14 pm

Still freaking about being schizophrenic. My psychologist said that if I had schizophrenia I would not be able to reason myself out of things. Like thinking I was going to gain telekinesis abilities by watching it on tv. I reasoned myself out of that as a stupid fear so she said its child alters with magical thinking. I still dont feel DID though. The closet I ever came to feeling like I am was several nights ago when I thought about making cheese roll ups at my dads. All of the sudden I pop thought up I want steak and cheese. It was weird because I do like steak and cheese it just seemed do come from nowhere though. Sometimes the thoughts can be loud. I dont know how to feel alot of the time. My Psychologist did talk to my psychiatric doctor and now he believes I have DID as well. Yes, I wanted them to be on the same page but now I am thinking I have the wrong diagnosis. She also told him I was on the right meds for the DID (Invega). Not because it treats DID but because its a sedative and that lessens stress which lessens switching. That's what my Psychologist says anyway. I wanted of that med so bad because it makes me breath shallow and that gets scary. Sh*t!
Thorne- protector
Messer- self harmer- persecutor
Gray- persecutor
Abela-sexual part- protector
Dnester
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:07 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Session today

Postby ItsJustUs » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:21 pm

You should definitely tell your Dr.s how this med makes you feel.

D
Kitten 39F-Core, Delilah (age unknown)F- Protector/System Manager/Care Taker, Britney 17F- Former persecutor turned protector, Lilly 5.5F, Little Wolf (young, but age unknown) "job" unknown, Val- age unknown, Female entity, we think she is a protector
ItsJustUs
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:07 pm

Postby Dnester » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:43 pm

He knows but doesn't think its med related but it started happening right when I started the meds. It's really scary because I can only sleep on my right side or I can not breath. My breaths get real shallow. Then my sleep doctor said it wasn't the meds either even though my oxygen drops to 78% at night now.
Thorne- protector
Messer- self harmer- persecutor
Gray- persecutor
Abela-sexual part- protector
Dnester
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:07 pm

Postby Floralie » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:44 pm

Them being on the same page is a good thing, and the fear you have over it being still wrong dx is just a normal reaction to things changing. It is scary to realize you have DID and when people around you agree, it gets more real. That's why it gets scarier, it gets more true. Well, not for real, but it feels like it. In reality it has been true for a very long time, but you haven't had to face it.

That is still a way for things to change for better.

There are other medications that have same effect. If the side effect you have is something new nobody else have ever had before, it doesn't mean it's not true, it means it's a new side effect that needs to be reported. I don't know where it will be reported in your country, but I have done a report like that before over dog having side effects that no other dog had never had.

What do they think your breathing problem is? Is it treated well enough? Can't they simply try if taking that med off will stop the symptom? If not, they better have very good reasons, because you do have rights as a patient too.

If I understood correctly it was a med forced to you without your will, when you were thought to be schizophrenic. That is understandable, psychotic people often refuse to take medication and it will make them worse. DID is different since there is no meds for it. There are meds to help with some symptoms, but not meds to cure it. I don't think they have any right to force medication to you under the dx of DID, like they can under the dx of having schizophrenia. It can be they have, if it helped with the worst symptoms like constant SH, because then you are danger to yourself without the medication. Then you do need it, or something else that helps with the anxiety.

Be co-operative and ask about it. Having problems with breathing is not a joke. If your symptoms go all over the place with SH etc. without the med, then you probably need it anyway until therapy starts to help you.
Floralie F main front
Sami M 16(-26) defender
Lucas M 16 self care manager
Fourteen M 14 main trauma holder with DID-system:
- Little Leon M 4
Ferro M 14/24
Rami M 25 inner caretaking manager, inner protector
Anastasia F 26 inner caretaker, female sexuality
?? M 25-28 inner caretaker of Fourteen's
Floralie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6