Our partner

Not looking forward to 2 pm today

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Violarules

Not looking forward to 2 pm today

Postby Dnester » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:39 am

I have to go to the woman's doctor today. Sometimes my legs shake really bad and it's embarassing. I get really nervous. I dont want to go. Thought about canceling but I know thats not responsible.
Thorne- protector
Messer- self harmer- persecutor
Gray- persecutor
Abela-sexual part- protector
Dnester
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:32 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Not looking forward to 2 pm today

Postby ItsJustUs » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:45 pm

Take deep breaths.
Look inside you and see if you have an inside helper who can do this for you.
I know you're new to the idea of having DID, but if you have insiders, one of them is bound to be a helper (usually) or a protector. Send out a distress call and see what happens.

When K used to get like this, before she knew we had DID, she knows now that our inside manager would say, "Just take a deep breath, it's going to be ok. You can do this," and K felt like someone was hugging her. K used to think she was just giving herself a pep talk, but now she realize it was D, one of our insiders helping her.

Apart from that.... take some deep breaths. Remind yourself that this is necessary, and though it makes you uncomfortable it is safe. Just close your eyes and repeat, "It's ok. It's safe. I'm okay. and I'm safe." repeatedly while taking deep breaths.

Hang in there!

B
Kitten 39F-Core, Delilah (age unknown)F- Protector/System Manager/Care Taker, Britney 17F- Former persecutor turned protector, Lilly 5.5F, Little Wolf (young, but age unknown) "job" unknown, Val- age unknown, Female entity, we think she is a protector
ItsJustUs
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:32 pm

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:54 pm

We hold one hand with the other one and squeeze really hard, as if someone was there giving us their hand to hold. It’s kind of like one of us holding hands with another one. It has helped for appointments like that. Also we always wear or bring warm socks.
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:32 pm

Postby Dnester » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:01 pm

Thanks guys. My transportation didnt show but I will keep it in my mind. I talked to my Psychologist today about it and she said I can tell the littles to go to a safe place or take a nap during that time. That way they won't be there.
Thorne- protector
Messer- self harmer- persecutor
Gray- persecutor
Abela-sexual part- protector
Dnester
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:32 pm

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies