Our partner

Am I losing time?

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Violarules

Am I losing time?

Postby donna1995 » Sat May 11, 2019 1:40 pm

Hello. Its been some weeks since I started noticing that time passes in a strange way to me. I mean, I do something that takes me five minutes, but when I look at the clock, I realise that have passed ten minutes or twenty or much more. Also, some of us, come out in the middle of doing something as another part and they feel uncomfortable, because they dont remember what happened previously.
donna1995
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Mon May 20, 2019 6:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Am I losing time?

Postby hbodhi » Sat May 11, 2019 2:27 pm

I don't know if that is losing time for you or not only you can come to that conclusion. I understand it totally though and for us it means yes indeed we are losing time. My T had me make a schedule and be very aware of the time of each thing. There are many gaps in the time. During those times I look around for clues of who has been out. I also totally get the waking up in the middle of something and having no clue what exactly is happening. Usually I have always just gone with it and finished whatever was happening, but now I try to pull awareness to it to see who may have been working on something.

One of the things that added to my recent diagnosis is I took the train from the suburbs to the city and had to call my partner to pick me up. Then letting her know I had no clue of getting on the train and going down there.

Although at times being aware is scary as it confirms DID it is also helpful. Just our experience hope it helps.
hbodhi
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Mon May 20, 2019 9:48 am

Postby Sarandipity » Sat May 11, 2019 3:03 pm

I think I just lost 2 hours. If I didn't just read your post I wouldn't have noticed. But your post made me look at the clock and I thought I'd been here for maybe half hour tops but that was 2 hours ago I sat down here.

I have no idea what I did in the two hours. My brain is telling me I'm remembering the time wrong, I was upstairs 2 hours ago. It didn't just seem to skip from 2pm to 4pm in an eye blink. Usually I'd believe what my brain is telling me but because of your post I'm not convinced. I probably lost 2 hours and I have no idea what I was doing.
[/coloru]Sarandipity
[color=#BF40FF]Beth
KarenPatrickPeterthe twinsMandyRose
No-one
Silent Lake : The Whisperers, The Lightbringers, Martin and Janet (children with tails and wings), The Overlord
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon May 20, 2019 4:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby VioletFlux » Sat May 11, 2019 4:02 pm

Hi donna,

We've had similar stuff like you mentioned, like where you do a task that takes N minutes, and when you're done you realize it's been N++ minutes. Like, there was one where a job usually took us 2 hours. Then we do it and realize it's taken 5 hours but have no memory of anything happening ot make it slow or distracting or whatever. Just no explanation for the time difference.

We first found 'proof' of losing time, in our journal. We keep a handwritten one, and iirc the first evidence was going to write down something important, and discovering the thing we were going to write was already there in an entry from like 20 or 30 minutes earlier.

For us there is almost never a 'waking up confused' experience (tho that does happen rarely). We get it more like, you go from one thing to another and don't notice any disruption at all, but later you discover 'proof' that some more stuff happened in between.

So it can be really hard to spot, especially when it's just a few minutes here and there.

V2
Outside Team: Arin (22f); Viola (17f); Violet aka V2 (16f);
Inside Team: Charlie(6m); Claire(0f); Ewan(4m); Janet(4f); L----(∞f); Melissa(7f); Mike(35m); Nyssa(10f); Rebecca(∞f); Trina(25f); V1(22f); et al.
Body: 49f • Dx: DID; previously depression, bipolar.Journey ThreadTeam Flux
VioletFlux
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon May 20, 2019 12:48 pm

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post