Our partner

We're DID & always will be

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Violarules

We're DID & always will be

Postby KingsleyHere » Fri May 10, 2019 5:53 pm

That probably sounds like a truism. But apparently a number of us thought that we would grow up to be 'normal'. That we are going to therapy to get normal. For heaven's sake, what do we know about normal!

One asked T directly yesterday. He confirmed & did a ya -but. Not sure anyone of them heard anything passed ya. Hope this is an overreaction that will settle down but now hearing therapy waste of time, money, effort. Trying to *act* normal for jobs, outside world, etc a waste of that alter's. Today Bill paying day. Heard we don't have to, we're
DID.Told them that's no excuse to be irresponsible.

So came here so they can hear/read being DID is our normal. That normal is not so bad. Wonderful, accomplished, happy people are DID. Can't see being a supposedly normal person is anything to be striving for.

But I'm the optimist, the bridge over trouble water one. The others are at high tide right now.
KingsleyHere
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Fri May 24, 2019 8:27 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: We're DID & always will be

Postby fireheart » Sat May 11, 2019 5:29 am

Maybe normal is not a good goal, but healing can bring wisdom and social skills and more strengths than you had before. Coping skills ARE useful.
But I also feel you, the journey is long. And "normal" induces shame easily.
fireheart
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri May 24, 2019 4:27 pm

Postby Sarandipity » Sat May 11, 2019 10:18 am

I woke up thinking along the same lines. Maybe this is ok. Maybe this is a version of "normal" When I was a kid I thought everyone was like me, when I realised they weren't I knew I had to hide how and pretty much who I am because I'm technically by current standards "more than one person" I actually, more sensibly feel I am one person because I am in one body. Why can't I "be different" sometimes is what I would think as a child and why is that odd and pointed out to me.

So I split my life as a teenager. I could be with different people in diff situations and be "whoever" I was in those situations with those different types of people. A crisis happened when I was retraumatised and also very high so I was diagnosed with psychosis. I stopped using weed and I was "well" so they diagnosed me with having drug induced psychosis. Then severe stress and another trauma caused "illness" again so they said I had effective disorder. In therapy I was noticed for how I am and different alters spoke directly to the therapist. And trying to put myself into "one way of being" started there. Since just accepting how I am, like I did as a kid, I've stayed "ok" even through stuff that would of previously caused hospitalisation.

Sometimes I do think that perha DID is genetic and this is another version of "normal"
[/coloru]Sarandipity
[color=#BF40FF]Beth
KarenPatrickPeterthe twinsMandyRose
No-one
Silent Lake : The Whisperers, The Lightbringers, Martin and Janet (children with tails and wings), The Overlord
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri May 24, 2019 3:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby AutumnJ » Sat May 11, 2019 2:10 pm

Hey, who wants to be nooooooormal? Normal is boring!

- Joker & Jester
Purple Haze (Host) / Autumn J (Main Alter) /Joker & Jester (Twin Alters)
**~~~***~~~**
Non-Adults: Radish (3) / Lorcan (5) / Ború (17)

More Alter names will be added if it becomes necessary.
AutumnJ
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri May 24, 2019 3:27 pm

Postby hbodhi » Sat May 11, 2019 2:35 pm

When I hear normal I think of the saying "it is just a setting on a washing machine."

Yet, I heard myself last week in therapy telling T I just want to feel normal. As fireheart said my T agreed that that may not be the goal of my therapy. For now since it is early in the process for us coping skills and trying to become co-conscious are where we are putting our energy.

I so get it though that I and many others want to be a societal "normal" at times. To blend in, to not have to hide who we are, to have no more secrets from myself or others.
hbodhi
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri May 24, 2019 8:27 am

Postby Zor » Sat May 11, 2019 5:16 pm

I used to think I had a "normal" once in a while, between times would "lose" or times I found I'd done things without knowing why, how, or even what...

But now... IDK I want to be that way anymore... to have these elements and parts buried, hidden, and otherwise unavailable.
(Body - Male, 39)
Zor - primary host & main poster
The rest of us: {\Pixie/}, Kaitie-Lynn (aka "Kitten"), Kaleb, Angel, Katya, Satin, Charles, Chloe, Noah, and a few rarely seen
Zor
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri May 24, 2019 9:27 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby VioletFlux » Fri May 17, 2019 12:19 pm

So here's our 2 cents on this...

We'll always be multiple or plural or whatever. We'll always be a 'we'. But we're not gonna always be 'disordered'.

Like, we're doing therapy to help us figure stuff out and make the day to day life stuff easier and all. We still got parts that are lost or trapped or stuck or suffering. We gotta help them.

And we gotta keep working on like, communication and cooperation.

None of us want to like, merge or fuse or integerate or whatever you call it. Big nope.

So yeah, we'll always be multiple. But we won't always be messed up.

And we don't use it as an excuse... or well most of us don't, most of hte time, lol. :wink: We know if $#%^ doesn't get done we'll have trouble for it later. Sometimes we still avoid doing stuff and just face the trouble.

But we try and keep trying, cos we do wanna get better and we wanna help all the other parts so none of us is still hurting.

So if you take DID literally, being a disorder, then we're not gonna always have DID. Someday we'll get better and just be 'healthy multiple'. Nothing wrong with that. We can see lots of advantages. Its where we wanna be.

All this is just our opinion, for our system, your mileage may vary, etc etc.

Viola & team Flux
Outside Team: Arin (22f); Viola (17f); Violet aka V2 (16f);
Inside Team: Charlie(6m); Claire(0f); Ewan(4m); Janet(4f); L----(∞f); Melissa(7f); Mike(35m); Nyssa(10f); Rebecca(∞f); Trina(25f); V1(22f); et al.
Body: 49f • Dx: DID; previously depression, bipolar.Journey ThreadTeam Flux
VioletFlux
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri May 24, 2019 11:27 am

Postby Zor » Fri May 17, 2019 1:07 pm

VioletFlux wrote:So here's our 2 cents on this...

We'll always be multiple or plural or whatever. We'll always be a 'we'. But we're not gonna always be 'disordered'.

Like, we're doing therapy to help us figure stuff out and make the day to day life stuff easier and all. We still got parts that are lost or trapped or stuck or suffering. We gotta help them.

And we gotta keep working on like, communication and cooperation.

None of us want to like, merge or fuse or integerate or whatever you call it. Big nope.

So yeah, we'll always be multiple. But we won't always be messed up.

And we don't use it as an excuse... or well most of us don't, most of hte time, lol. :wink: We know if $#%^ doesn't get done we'll have trouble for it later. Sometimes we still avoid doing stuff and just face the trouble.

But we try and keep trying, cos we do wanna get better and we wanna help all the other parts so none of us is still hurting.

So if you take DID literally, being a disorder, then we're not gonna always have DID. Someday we'll get better and just be 'healthy multiple'. Nothing wrong with that. We can see lots of advantages. Its where we wanna be.

All this is just our opinion, for our system, your mileage may vary, etc etc.

Viola & team Flux

Yes... all of that, YES! :)

"I am we, we are me" right?
(Body - Male, 39)
Zor - primary host & main poster
The rest of us: {\Pixie/}, Kaitie-Lynn (aka "Kitten"), Kaleb, Angel, Katya, Satin, Charles, Chloe, Noah, and a few rarely seen
Zor
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri May 24, 2019 9:27 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum