Our partner

Persecutor/introject/shape shifter/impersonators

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Violarules

Persecutor/introject/shape shifter/impersonators

Postby brockovich4321 » Wed May 01, 2019 9:50 pm

Have you had or do you have a persecutor/introject alter who impersonates another, or numerous others?

My T has brought to my attention that this is occurring in our system. It seems that Georgie has copped alot of judgment from many system members because of some choices she's made.

However, my T very confidently stood up for George and doesn't believe she was responsible. She's met Georgie, she knows a lot about her, and says that the behaviour in question is a complete contradiction to everything Georgie stands for.

Later when asking the others about this I get the feeling that this has happened many many times, and not just with georgie.

Georgie says there's one alter she is completely blocked off from and she's blames that one.

There's so much finder pointing going on in here.. We need the adults to model taking some responsibility.

Anyone got any ideas on how I can reach this alter, or work out who is the impersonator. I can't help them if I can't reach them. More so, I need to be able to clearly identify when they've taken control, or before the finger pointing starts.

TIA
30yo female, formal Dx DID, aka 'me'..

The others: Steph, Emma, Rowe, Asile, Georgie, chels, becs, stac, TJ, Tots, Miche, May & Fae (MU, MB & OB)
brockovich4321
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue May 21, 2019 2:21 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Persecutor/introject/shape shifter/impersonators

Postby subversiverisks » Wed May 01, 2019 10:45 pm

Ask urself what seems unconscious

1. Eye blink
2. Turn of the head
3. Rolling of eyes

See Dr Putnam's book, self help books are a good way especially if there is no between session contact allowed
subversiverisks
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Mon May 20, 2019 11:21 am

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Wed May 01, 2019 11:39 pm

I don't think it's fair to any of the parts to use pejorative terms such as persecutor or impersonator. All the parts are trying to help the system the best way they know how. Blaming and accusations are probably not very useful.

brockovich4321 wrote:However, my T very confidently stood up for George and doesn't believe she was responsible. She's met Georgie, she knows a lot about her, and says that the behaviour in question is a complete contradiction to everything Georgie stands for.

I don't remember if your T has experience treating DID. This just strikes me as an odd thing to do, because it sounds like she is siding with Georgie against another part, and making a negative judgment about another part's behavior without knowing anything about why they're behaving that way--how they feel they are helping the system.

I don't know what kind of behavior you're talking about, but it seems to me that all the blaming and negative judgment is not going to make that part want to be reached.
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon May 20, 2019 9:21 am

Postby Johnny-Jack » Thu May 02, 2019 11:54 am

brockovich4321 wrote:I can't help them if I can't reach them.

Well, yes and no. I think you're saying that something should reach them but that can happen in so many ways.

Outside of direct verbal communication, any intention or goodwill that eventually touches them is communication. You can try to communicate directly via leaving physical written words (notes left where they might see them), journaling, speaking internally, or talking aloud to them and even though you have no proof any of it is getting received.

Communicating to everyone you can reach about the importance of making everyone feel safe and welcome can create an atmosphere that may reach them. Our littles have been especially happy to get on board with that.

Asking alters to reach out inside may be another way to reach them. Some of us have given us clues about ones we don't know or barely know about. "There's somebody way over there [in the mind space] but it's too dark. I think he's stuck or he's hiding or lost."

Buying things for our littles, encouraging them to front and have some fun time, being proactively kind and supportive to people outside the body (like our son), all these create an atmosphere and a sort of consistent moral code among us that was missing for most of our alters in childhood. We think all this reaches even the more scared or skeptical inside, well before there's direct communication. It's actually what enables that communication.

Perhaps the more critical point of view in our system that enabled healing was that we appreciate everyone, just the way they are and we want to thank them for who they are and what they've done for us. We have to keep recommitting to that over and over. It's hard and can be humbling ("what? I'm not right? I'm part of the problem?") but there no alternative for us. Nothing else has ever worked.
74 of us. Dx=DID. John, Johnny, Ryder hosts. Sphinx. Gwendolyn 50s. Marc-Dominic, Aaron, Gaul 40s. Jonathan 33. Neville 20. Quato 19. Kyle 16. Ulric, Calvin, Daniel 15. Faolán 14. Hoyt, Cam, Cully, Flynn, Tuck, Abel, Eberly, Will, Gordon, Pehr, Mick/Mxyzptlk 13. Nigel 12. Orval, Jack 11. Abraham, Zane, Ty, Randy 10. Brody 9. Sky, Yanni, Vince, Luke, Hank, Xavi 8. Cole, Matt, Chase 7. Andre, Godwin, Greg, Carter, Estes, Seamus 6. Michael, Caleb, Inky, Kent 5. Casper, Bartholomew, Raisin Annie, Scott, twins Hansel & Johann, Wats 4. Pip, Max, Little John 3. Erik, Carl, Sheldon, Alvin, Ashár, Henry 2. Edward, Clark, Zeb 1. Adam <1
Johnny-Jack
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon May 20, 2019 12:21 pm
Blog: View Blog (40)

Postby Zor » Thu May 02, 2019 12:36 pm

TheGangsAllHere wrote:I don't think it's fair to any of the parts to use pejorative terms such as persecutor or impersonator. All the parts are trying to help the system the best way they know how. Blaming and accusations are probably not very useful.

I don't know what kind of behavior you're talking about, but it seems to me that all the blaming and negative judgment is not going to make that part want to be reached.

I would agree with those general sentiments, but there could be validity to a "negative" acting/affecting part. We've got one the others just call "a shadow", that can appear as any of us, and generally scares everyone- b/c this part is self-destructive, sabotaging, etc.

Unsure what that's all about still, but I think it's still unfair to be entirely negative about this- despite what Pixie & co. think. It is likely a defense mechanism, even if things are going well and everyone's happy... the "ruin it before it gets bad" mentality IS defensive, even if skewed and warped thinking to most people... But that's kind of the nature of deep-seated damage and pain, right? Things aren't always the most logical, particularly when the sub-conscious is involved.

So yeah, I'd cautiously agree that the negative terms and attitudes are not likely very helpful in connecting with that part- but you do have to recognize the "danger(s)" is poses to you and your system, too.
(Body - Male, 39)
Zor - primary host & main poster
The rest of us: {\Pixie/}, Kaitie-Lynn (aka "Kitten"), Kaleb, Angel, Katya, Satin, Charles, Chloe, Noah, and a few rarely seen
Zor
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon May 20, 2019 10:21 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby SOHank » Thu May 02, 2019 12:59 pm

I agree with talking through (talking out loud) as a good means. If there is one that is separate like that and tries to be controlling, they seem to be pretty attentive.

We are going through something similar with "the Man". He has/had several personas he could shift into, but not usually any of the insiders that talked with me.

SF and her T initiated a temporary restraint as he was causing major issues but would run away instead of talk. We are letting him know that he and his job are still important and that we care about him. We just want him to recalibrate what is considered a threat as that has changed over time, but he hasn't. We are making progress in that he is considering our comments and wants a name. He is only allowed to speak to SF's T, but I have talked through and it seems to be well received even if he is still pretty suspicious.
Married to SunflowerGals
SOHank
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon May 20, 2019 10:21 am

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post