Our partner

Connections to alters

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Violarules

Connections to alters

Postby Sarandipity » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:28 pm

I can tap into alters. When I do this I know if they're sleeping, if they're awake somewhere internally, if they're conspicuously absent. I've lived inside and out but after a short while of out I can't remember inside. Yet I can reach parts.

The last few days I felt passively influenced by the twins. When I reached them they were asleep. Sound asleep. Because of their nature I wanted to see if they'd been up to anything when I was internal. I found myself with Mandy in Mandys house. The detail of replication of our childhood home was amazing. I could see in a little ball what the twins were doing when they were out and I wasn't. But because I had stepped inwards they were pushed out and the body fell asleep, because they were asleep and I can't remember anything except a graph.

I didn't like feeling passively influenced by them because I say stuff I don't want to say. I felt it was a hang over from them being out. But they were definitely asleep.

I'm not really sure what I'm asking here. Maybe how to combat passive influences? Maybe how to spy on them lol if that's possible. No, just mostly I want to avoid passive influences. I'm aware of what I'm doing and roughly what I'm saying but I don't feel connected to it and it feels not nice.
[/coloru]Sarandipity
[color=#BF40FF]Beth
KarenPatrickPeterthe twinsMandyRose
No-one
Silent Lake : The Whisperers, The Lightbringers, Martin and Janet (children with tails and wings), The Overlord
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon May 20, 2019 4:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Connections to alters

Postby Skaya » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:36 pm

Xavier here - yeah, I can do the same, I know what you mean. I'm kinda the emotional barometer for the system as a result, like, I can't not know what everybody's feeling and thinking. I don't really know how to 'fix' that, nor even if we're talking about the same thing (I think we are but I may be misunderstanding). It also influences my behaviour, like when you're talking to somebody for a while and take on bits of their mannerisms, it's a bit like that for me/us. I know it's not me and I don't front enough for it to be noticeable to other people, which I guess helps. I'd say anything you can do to distance yourself would help imo.
Em (25, f, host), Jen (19, f) Echo (4, f) Angel (9, f), Vivian (36, f), Jacob (13, m), Xavier (?, m), Oliver (?, m) SO Lex (f) may be mentioned.
Skaya
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Mon May 20, 2019 4:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Connections to alters

Postby subversiverisks » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:05 pm

According to http://did-research.org/home/glossary.html

Passive Influence - Passive influence can be described as intrusions from alters that are not currently prominent in the mind or using the body. This may manifest as ego-alien thoughts, feelings, emotions, opinions, preferences, urges, or actions. These intrusions may vary in strength and influence and may result in the fronting alter taking actions or voicing opinions that they can't explain or account for. These intrusions may also cause the fronting alter to gain skills and abilities that they do not usually have (such as public speaking despite normally suffering from social phobia) or losing skills and abilities that they would expect to always be there (such as reading or recognizing loved ones). Memories that are transmitted through passive influence may not remain once the influence is over, leaving the fronting alter unable to recall what the memory contained. On the other hand, passive influence may also lead to certain memories, emotions, sensations, or views becoming inaccessible to the fronting alter until the influence ends.

It can be bad, I'd get a unaware therapist that just wants to do its job. Shame on a therapist to identify a passive influence especially if enough work isn't done to convince. Which simply means that some switches might happen really quickly. Some passive influence swithes might be self talking to self without a switch. I'd pay attention to voice inflection and alters that peak out make sure you are skilled with presentations and signs of a switch. See Dr Putnam's book on diagnosing Multiple personality disorder to find that use amazon.com
subversiverisks
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Mon May 20, 2019 11:33 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post