Our partner

Could it be something else?

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Violarules

Could it be something else?

Postby donna1995 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:40 pm

I have no amnesia, except for a few times when I realised that I did not know what I did during some minutes. Its not recorded in my mind. I do not lose things, except for a couple of times that I found my belongings among others, without remembering putting them there.I sometimes wake up in the night and do specific things, but the next morning I do not remember having waken up. I have never experienced full amnesia about personal information. I usually do not recognise as a specific part my environment, and another part of me reminds me of my personal information. Usually, the part that does not recognise cannot communicate with the other that reminds me of these things. It does not know who speaks. Sorry for sharing again and again the same things. Its just that I find its unfair for my parts to be perceived as a lie. I know its not normal, but for me it is normal to have many parts as a human. I try to help myself, to stop using other names and so on, but the parts still feel they have other names. I try to speak as a single human, but my parts grab my thoughts and use other voices and other ways to speak. I always wonder if its normal for someone to speak with themselves and instead of their own voice to get answers from other voices. Or if its normal to see the faces of the owners of the voices, when they speak. I always wonder.
donna1995
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Mon May 20, 2019 6:43 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Could it be something else?

Postby Sarandipity » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:52 pm

Historically it's delusional and disturbed. It's more helpful and more productive to look at it as different aspects of the personality I've found.
[/coloru]Sarandipity
[color=#BF40FF]Beth
KarenPatrickPeterthe twinsMandyRose
No-one
Silent Lake : The Whisperers, The Lightbringers, Martin and Janet (children with tails and wings), The Overlord
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon May 20, 2019 4:43 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Could it be something else?

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:13 pm

donna1995 wrote:I have no amnesia, except for a few times when I realised that I did not know what I did during some minutes. Its not recorded in my mind. I do not lose things, except for a couple of times that I found my belongings among others, without remembering putting them there.I sometimes wake up in the night and do specific things, but the next morning I do not remember having waken up. I have never experienced full amnesia about personal information. I usually do not recognise as a specific part my environment, and another part of me reminds me of my personal information. Usually, the part that does not recognise cannot communicate with the other that reminds me of these things. It does not know who speaks. Sorry for sharing again and again the same things. Its just that I find its unfair for my parts to be perceived as a lie. I know its not normal, but for me it is normal to have many parts as a human. I try to help myself, to stop using other names and so on, but the parts still feel they have other names. I try to speak as a single human, but my parts grab my thoughts and use other voices and other ways to speak. I always wonder if its normal for someone to speak with themselves and instead of their own voice to get answers from other voices. Or if its normal to see the faces of the owners of the voices, when they speak. I always wonder.

What you are describing "counts" as amnesia--you don't need to have blackouts, and the criteria say that it can be amnesia in the present OR the past. Losing time in the present IS amnesia.

And if you have parts with names, voices, faces, and their own thoughts and feelings, then that is a valid experience--it is true because it's happening. So, yes, it would be very unfair for them to be perceived as a lie.

I can't diagnose you, but I can't think of anything else it could be. Having amnesia and parts is specific to DID/OSDD.

You've mentioned before that your psychiatrist doesn't believe you, so you need to see someone else. There aren't medications that specifically treat dissociation. The treatment of choice is therapy.
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon May 20, 2019 9:43 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum