Our partner

Realized

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Violarules

Realized

Postby Dnester » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:58 am

I was looking through some old threads I started somewhere else and noticed that in the chatter I have asked myself a question. So it has to be OSDD. I want it gone. If I pay them no mind will it go away?
Dnester
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:55 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Realized

Postby Dnester » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:36 am

The reason I ask is because since this has been going on I havent felt sane. Also since alters were formed in childhood they are trapped in the past right? I ask because I have a sleep disorder where I never feel sleepy, or hungry or have headaches. It all happened after stopping four meds cold turkey. But thatd neither here nor there. The chatter has said are you sleepy and like I said I never am so why would it ask that? Is it trapped in the past? Also I never have headaches and the chatter has said my head hurts which like I said never happens.
Dnester
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby vix » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:04 am

If you break your leg and then just ignore the pain and swelling, does it go away? No. It's a symptom, it's your brain's way of telling you something is wrong and do something about it.

Even if the chatter goes away for a few hours or weeks or years it's going to come back and worse. You need to go to a therapist and get help.

Alters aren't necessarily stuck in the past but trauma holding alters might be because they might not be aware that the trauma has passed. You need to go to a therapist and get help.
dx: DID, ADHD, depression, anxiety, bulimia

system of 21
Mia [host] 25
Lee [caretaker] 29
Caroline [caretaker] 24
Andy [protector] 19
Lisa 7
Simon 5
vix
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:55 pm

Postby Sarandipity » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:24 am

When this first started for me at about age 19 (as a problem I mean) I had to learn to eat and sleep all over again. I didn't sleep for days at a time, accidently starved myself for months living off of one bowl of cereal and orange juice and milk. A part (Karen) desperately doesn't like to be fat I found out and the twins don't believe in sleeping.

So I trained myself to eat and sleep. At first it was the medication they gave me. It made me sleep and eat to extreme, I could barely do anything, but even with that I had to "let it work" and not fight it. I was on it for a couple of years and spent a year slowly coming off it. As I came off it I realised I was sleeping alot less and eating nothing so I forced myself to eat and sleep so I could live without medication. Not eating or sleeping leads to psychosis - that was my motivation.

So I think you have to make yourself and making yourself is possible.
[/coloru]Sarandipity
[color=#BF40FF]Beth
KarenPatrickPeterthe twinsMandyRose
No-one
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:55 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Una+ » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:26 pm

Dnester wrote:If I pay them no mind will it go away?

No. They could go underground for a time, even years, but the disorder won't be gone. Far from it. The only way out of this is through.

The therapy outlined in the international consensus treatment guidelines from ISSTD really works.
Dx DID older woman married w kids. 0 Una, host + 3, 1, 5. 1 animal. 2 older man. 3 teen girl. 4 girl behind amnesia wall. 5 girl in love. Our thread.

Is your dx DID (or MPD/DDNOS/OSDD)? Join the 2017 survey: Time to diagnosis?
Una+
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Dnester » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:44 pm

Thank you, I was more curious about the other thing though. Let me give you the back story. About 6 years ago I abruptly quit some meds. Four meds at the same time cold turkey. Ever since then I have never felt hungry (I eat of course or I would be dead but I never actually feel hungry. Also I dont feel sleepy and have to be on medication to sleep. Also I dont have headaches since then and some other issues. My chatter often says things like my head hurts which like I said doesnt have to my body anymore. Or sometimes it will ask if I am sleepy which also like I said the body doesnt experience anymore. I am very confused on why the chatter says things that is not true.
Dnester
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Una+ » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:55 pm

You may be hearing from parts of you that do feel tired or sleepy, or pain. Certainly you seem to be dissociating some important bodily affects. So much dissociation can be good or bad, depending on your circumstances.

Physically I am hypersensitive: I hear, see, smell, feel things most people don't. I know they are real sensations because, say, I will smell an Altoid then someone will walk into the room with a box of Altoids in their hand. But I also have unusually high pain tolerance. After I was diagnosed with DID I used to worry a great deal if an alter was experiencing pain for me. What an awful thought! But apparently not. Whew.
Dx DID older woman married w kids. 0 Una, host + 3, 1, 5. 1 animal. 2 older man. 3 teen girl. 4 girl behind amnesia wall. 5 girl in love. Our thread.

Is your dx DID (or MPD/DDNOS/OSDD)? Join the 2017 survey: Time to diagnosis?
Una+
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Dnester » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:04 pm

No I am not dissociating. I have neurological issues that cause these things to happen. Not feeling sleepy, hungry etc. The body does not feel those things at all. How can a part feel them if it is medically impossible for the body too. I was wondering if they could be trapped in a part of time when I actually did feel those things.
Dnester
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby vix » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:13 pm

Alters have "bodies" inside the inner world and they can sometimes experience bodily things there. Also it may be like part of your loss is neurological and part of it is dissociation so other parts might be feeling them? It may even have been a misdiagnosis. I don't have any similar experiences so these are only guesses.

Do take what the "chatter" tells you with a grain of salt though. Not that the alters would lie but they may be stuck in some sort of memory bubble. One of our trauma holding alters is mute even though the body is not mute. Some alters don't experience sexual arousal or attraction while there are hypersexual ones. So they may be just talking about their inner world experience or from their "stuck" positions.
dx: DID, ADHD, depression, anxiety, bulimia

system of 21
Mia [host] 25
Lee [caretaker] 29
Caroline [caretaker] 24
Andy [protector] 19
Lisa 7
Simon 5
vix
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:55 pm

Postby Dnester » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:33 am

Thank you. Can they be gone most of your life? I didnt notice Thorne until my 20s. She disappeared when I didnt pay her any mind. Then also about 4 or 5 months ago is when all these new names have been popping up. I also started noticing Thorne again.
Dnester
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post