Our partner

Hearing a creepy voice? *TW*

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Violarules

Hearing a creepy voice? *TW*

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:16 am

So, we've definitely had something going on with us this past week, and especially the past couple of days. There is a very sad part that keeps coming to the front, so we'll get a wave of sadness, and then there's fear coming from another part that's scared the sad part is going to talk about "bad stuff." And on top of that is just a lot of confusion about our life--who we are, and who we've been.

Our go-to avoidance strategy is to just zone out with a solitaire game on the phone that is almost impossible to win and can just be started over and over again when it's clear that we're at a dead end in the game. An hour can easily go by playing that and determinedly NOT thinking about anything. We have been doing that A LOT for the past few days--picking up the phone even while I'm saying, "No, not this again, please..."

We were just doing that for awhile, but then we finally got up the motivation to go for a long walk so the littles can feel like we're doing SOMETHING for them, and not just chores (which were all supposed to get finished this morning).

But as I went to (finally) put down the phone, I got a creepy "horror movie" kind of feeling of, like, a stranger lurking somewhere (I guess somewhere on the walk we're about to take?), and started hearing a man's voice saying, "Come here, little girl. I have a toy for you," with the kind of syrupy artificial niceness that you just know means something bad is about to happen.

The voice is in my head, and it feels like I must be imagining it, and trying to scare myself, like a horror movie, but it IS scaring young ones in here. It keeps repeating, and I can feel a lot of fear.
What is this?

I know the answer is in here somewhere, but has anyone experienced anything like this? Or have any idea what might be going on? I have heard parts talking and telling me things, but this doesn't seem like that--I don't remember ever having had this happen before (or I ignored it if it did).
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:10 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Hearing a creepy voice? *TW*

Postby VioletFlux » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:45 am

Hi Gang, that really is creepy. :?

Could it be a protector trying to scare you off from doing something that they believe is dangerous? Like maybe this is someone who believes that there is some danger out on that walk, so they are trying to creep you out so you won't want to go.

If that's the case then maybe you could find out what specifically they're trying to protect you from? And if it's not a current or realistic threat, then try to explain that to them.

I also had a thought that it might be connected to the sad part that's been active recently. But I'm unable to elaborate more on that, the thought's being blocked or something from inside. Sorry. :(

Arin
Outside Team: Arin (22f); Viola (17f); Violet aka V2 (16f);
Inside Team: Charlie(6m); Claire(0f); Ewan(4m); Janet(4f); L----(∞f); Melissa(7f); Mike(35m); Nyssa(10f); Rebecca(∞f); Trina(25f); V1(22f); et al.
Body: 49f • Dx: DID; previously depression, bipolar.Journey ThreadTeam Flux
VioletFlux
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:10 pm

Postby Ponyta » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:23 am

I'm very sorry to hear. :(

That is super creepy......but not unusual to me. I totally understand what you mean. There is one in my system who has been doing the "horror movie" feeling to me for a while now. His name is Logan.....but anyway....I just wanted to let you know you're not alone. I've been experiencing that too. It scares me so bad I get shaky and my heart pounds terribly.

I'm sorry....I'm not 100% sure why he is doing that in my system yet (other than he claims it is hilarious and he hates me)........but maybe it is a personality that holds a memory you're maybe not aware of.....or maybe it is just one who is deeply hurting inside? I found out that a lot of times the troublemakers lash out because they are deeply hurting inside theirself. Maybe they figure it is the only way to get your immediate attention?

I hope you feel better and things improve for all of you soon!
Body:(Female-27)

There are A LOT of us (Over 70.....due to that)......we're updating our signature to reflect those who might post.

Protectors:
Weirdo (Male), Wolverine (Male), Blaze (Male), Brian (Male),Shadow (Male)

Others:
Bandit (M), Matt (M),Mary (F), Blue (F), Gloom (F), Rage (F).....
Ponyta
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:10 pm

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:38 am

VioletFlux wrote:Hi Gang, that really is creepy. :?

Could it be a protector trying to scare you off from doing something that they believe is dangerous? Like maybe this is someone who believes that there is some danger out on that walk, so they are trying to creep you out so you won't want to go.

Arin

Thanks, Arin. I don't know. It wasn't about the walk--everyone wanted to go on that, and we live in a very safe area. It felt more like a memory of something scary--and the feeling was the one I used to have whenever I was alone at home, especially when I was 8 or 9. Worried that someone would break in, or was already in the house, planning to hurt me. I remember still having it in my 20s, after we bought our first house, whenever my husband was away. Feeling like someone was watching me, or lurking somewhere.

It's weird, because I am home alone--since this morning, and until late tomorrow evening, but I'm not having that feeling about the present, in this house.

Oh well, I could try to ask in the journal, but I'm feeling a lot of fear about that. Maybe it's related to the "bad stuff" that people are scared about. I don't want to push it. And if there ARE big, bad things that I don't remember, this would NOT be a good time for them to come up, anyway.
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby esuzie1115 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:03 am

Hello. We can really relate to what you are dealing with. We have mixes if feelings/voices flowing in and out all the time. It's really scary. They flip me into panic attacks. Even during the middle of the night. Can't even sleep. Depressed. Never know who is gonna come to the front. I hate everything about us. Feel so crazy. I zone out with Soduko. My/our voices are horrible. I'm about to give up into even trying to figure out if it's really DID. I just wanna go to heaven. I would never try to hurt myself again though. So, don't think that. I'm just at my wits end.

TheGangsAllHere wrote:So, we've definitely had something going on with us this past w eek, and especially the past couple of days. There is a very sad part that keeps coming to the front, so we'll get a wave of sadness, and then there's fear coming from another part that's scared the sad part is going to talk about "bad stuff." And on top of that is just a lot of confusion about our life--who we are, and who we've been.

Our go-to avoidance strategy is to just zone out with a solitaire game on the phone that is almost impossible to win and can just be started over and over again when it's clear that we're at a dead end in the game. An hour can easily go by playing that and determinedly NOT thinking about anything. We have been doing that A LOT for the past few days--picking up the phone even while I'm saying, "No, not this again, please..."

We were just doing that for awhile, but then we finally got up the motivation to go for a long walk so the littles can feel like we're doing SOMETHING for them, and not just chores (which were all supposed to get finished this morning).

But as I went to (finally) put down the phone, I got a creepy "horror movie" kind of feeling of, like, a stranger lurking somewhere (I guess somewhere on the walk we're about to take?), and started hearing a man's voice saying, "Come here, little girl. I have a toy for you," with the kind of syrupy artificial niceness that you just know means something bad is about to happen.

The voice is in my head, and it feels like I must be imagining it, and trying to scare myself, like a horror movie, but it IS scaring young ones in here. It keeps repeating, and I can feel a lot of fear.
What is this?

I know the answer is in here somewhere, but has anyone experienced anything like this? Or have any idea what might be going on? I have heard parts talking and telling me things, but this doesn't seem like that--I don't remember ever having had this happen before (or I ignored it if it did).
esuzie1115
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:10 pm

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:56 am

Ponyta wrote:I'm very sorry to hear. :(

That is super creepy......but not unusual to me. I totally understand what you mean. There is one in my system who has been doing the "horror movie" feeling to me for a while now. His name is Logan.....but anyway....I just wanted to let you know you're not alone. I've been experiencing that too. It scares me so bad I get shaky and my heart pounds terribly...

...I hope you feel better and things improve for all of you soon!

Thanks, Ponyta! I didn't see this earlier. I appreciate the support.

esuzie1115 wrote:Hello. We can really relate to what you are dealing with. We have mixes if feelings/voices flowing in and out all the time. It's really scary. They flip me into panic attacks. Even during the middle of the night. Can't even sleep. Depressed. Never know who is gonna come to the front. I hate everything about us. Feel so crazy. I zone out with Soduko. My/our voices are horrible. I'm about to give up into even trying to figure out if it's really DID. I just wanna go to heaven. I would never try to hurt myself again though. So, don't think that. I'm just at my wits end.

I hope it's not a new trend with me to hear things like that creepy voice. I have felt less stable for the past week, and I'm not sure why. It leads me to try to shut out the others and try to pretend it's only me here, so maybe someone was trying to get my attention, like Ponyta said. But it makes me want to avoid finding out what's going on (otherwise I would be checking in with them in the journal instead of writing on here). :(
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby IainEtc » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:35 pm

That's pretty creepy!

We used to have a weird voice that warned us about stuff. It was just a Protector trying to keep us from doing anything so we'd be safe. Ours was never about something that happened - just general creepiness over everything. It turned out to be a very young Protector that didn't feel like they'd get listened to if they didn't put on the creepy act. It went away when Host started listening.

Iain
Iain - 14, Colin - 17, Evan - 7, Cody - 16, Raven, Host - the adult out front

When they say 'be yourself',
which one do they mean?
IainEtc
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:10 pm

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:34 pm

Thanks, Iain.

How did you know the young one was a protector and not just a really scared little?

Because it could have been Jaden trying to make us more scared about the idea that maybe bad things happened in the past, to keep us from trying to figure them out. Because she is feeling so scared about that. Or are you saying that's a protector function?
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby AutumnJ » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:52 pm

Hi, it sounds very much like a Protector. My Host has a few Protectors. When one of them first came through, it scared them. Like you, it was as they heard it in a creepy voice. But when I heard them it was not creepy. If the little alter is active, they think that the Protector sounds "creepy" or "scary". But that is just their point of view.

Though, I do agree with what has already been said. The role of the Protector is that, to protect. If that means that you hear them in a creepy voice then that is how you will hear it. If it will prevent you from causing you harm - then they have succeeded.

- Autumn J
Purple Haze (Host) / Autumn J (Main Alter) /Joker & Jester (Twin Alters)
**~~~***~~~**
Non-Adults: Radish (3) / Lorcan (5) / Ború (17)

More Alter names will be added if it becomes necessary.
AutumnJ
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:10 am

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post