Our partner

Son Has DID

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Violarules

Re: Son Has DID

Postby LearnToLoveTheRide » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:08 am

Thanks Johnny-Jack

I have one concern: he's only 9, he doesn't know that he has DID, or that he is displaying any symptoms of DID. The adults around him can see him switch though. He has amnesia so he honestly doesn't know what is happening some of the time.

Trying to keep a safe, predictable place for him.

I can relate to learning to appeal to their self interest. His mother's Alters were for the most part very self-obsessed :- understandably so.

Thank you...LTLTR
c-PTSD: 47 y/o Male, Singleton to partner with DID - multiple Alters
Father to 3 beautiful children.
Caution: https://learningtolovetheridebook.wordpress.com blog may be TW
LearnToLoveTheRide
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:11 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby birdsong87 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:25 pm

we are brushing up on a few topics, especially emotional regulation, preparing to write more about it.
so we went back to one of our favorite resources for traumatized kids.
the therapeutic treasure box for working with children and adolescents with developmental trauma by Dr Karen Treisman.
it's written for foster parents and therapists, with pretty good explanations and tons of practical exercises that could help. it has extra chapters to support parents mental health too.
Not sure if you like book learning or creative approaches, but we are very successful using it with our Littles and thought that it might be helpful.
Dx: DID cPTSD
L (host 1); Asti (host 2); Annett (teen protector); Maya (child); Age (observer); Thamara (child); Danielle (aut. teen); Mike (caregiver) and others
our blog on resources: https://www.dis-sos.com
birdsong87
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:11 am

Postby Una+ » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:05 pm

One thing I did to build a support network for my family (and others) was introduce local health care providers to basic information about DID, and to the various screening instruments and better books on therapy. I talked up the child and adolescent versions of the DES to the school district consulting psychiatrist and counselors long enough that they asked me how to get these tools for their own use, then gave them PDFs. In the process I talked about how to use them and what to do with the results. I framed it all in terms of "this is what I did, and the useful result I got."
Dx DID older woman married w kids. 0 Una, host + 3, 1, 5. 1 animal. 2 older man. 3 teen girl. 4 girl behind amnesia wall. 5 girl in love. Our thread.

Is your dx DID (or MPD/DDNOS/OSDD)? Join the 2017 survey: Time to diagnosis?
Una+
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:11 am

Postby LearnToLoveTheRide » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:38 pm

Hi gentle people

@Birdsong: I will look at that Doctor - thanks.

@Una+: We certainly do need a support network of understanding friends and professionals. Thanks for your informed input.

Be well happy people... LTLTR
LearnToLoveTheRide
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby BeccaBee » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:12 pm

hello Mr Brett I missed you and you are my friend. i know something important but I don't know the big words so I hope I can explain it good.

you can't be too protecty because you have to practice life. and like life has like scary times and safe times and in between times. and you have to have practice. hmmmm. like when everything is safe you are in the green zone. and things get a little exciting or scary or stimulating. then it's the yellow zone. and when things are scary it's the red zone.

normal people can move between the zones. green side...yellow side.....green side. but trauma people not so good at moving colors. we get stuck and change inside when outside changes.

he needs to practice green and yellow a lot. going in between. that's my advice, bye!

oh and still love other kids too. that's important.

we should call it recalibrate his danger-o-meter. yup. and having the feelings. those are the things that make the other things. i think.

ok really bye mr brett!
Female, 37
Dx: DID, C-PTSD, Panic Disorder

We are the Bees

The Rabbit Hole
BeccaBee
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:11 pm

Postby LearnToLoveTheRide » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:54 pm

Thank you for your input my dear. We don't hear from that part of you often. I appreciate it.

We had something similar to this when we were on duty: white is no danger, then orange, red, and black for varying degrees of threat.

It's scary letting go, but it's also going to be exciting watching him grow into his own your man.

Thank you kindly. Brett
LearnToLoveTheRide
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby BeccaBee » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:59 pm

that's because you are our favorite. did you get ok? did you get your healthy back? from when you had the bad times. from going too hard and long. we remember that.

what she say inside - are you in fighting shape? got your warrior mana back?

we hope you are super powered up.
Female, 37
Dx: DID, C-PTSD, Panic Disorder

We are the Bees

The Rabbit Hole
BeccaBee
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby LearnToLoveTheRide » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:16 pm

Thank you Bees,

Times were very tough - have to admit that: psych ward, hospitals and recovery centres.

Yes, I am in fighting shape again and I have my warrior mana back again, only with a few extra scars. :shock:

Update on my son:
2yo - non verbal little girl,
7yo - unnamed female
Zephner - unknown age again but very specific about the spelling of his name.
Ryder - Host
Unknown age - probably displaying protector roll,

Good day, good people... LTLTRAc
LearnToLoveTheRide
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby IainEtc » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:28 pm

Hi,

Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm glad your son's system has a protector. Does he have an ISH? You don't have to tell us. Just trying to help ok?

Iain
Iain - 14, Colin - 17, Evan - 7, Cody - 16, Raven, Host - the adult out front

When they say 'be yourself',
which one do they mean?
IainEtc
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby LearnToLoveTheRide » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:53 pm

Hi Good People

Using this thread to keep up-to-date with my son's developing DID.

7yo unnamed female is actually 8. Her name is Alina. My son woke up one night hearing someone calling his name over and over. He described it as a ghost, an imaginary friend. I asked if he heard the voices inside or outside out of his head. Inside was the reply. I said it's OK to see it as a ghost - it can't harm him - but that over time, it may develop more corporeal features. It's been my experience that Alters - particularly non-malevolent ones - appear very innocuously at first, and then start to develop further over time.

Hi Iain - good to hear from you again. I haven't seen an ISH but it's still early days.

Be well people. LTLTR
LearnToLoveTheRide
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Previous

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum