Our partner

Do you guys have trouble walking?

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Violarules

Do you guys have trouble walking?

Postby WeAreOne420 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:55 am

Sometimes when I'm switching between systems I cant walk straight.I feel like my back or body itself is crooked. It goes away eventually when my system settles into the body but overall...its weird as hell.
WeAreOne420
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:22 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Do you guys have trouble walking?

Postby Ponyta » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:38 am

Yes, we do have problems with walking.

I'm not sure what is up with it exactly, but sometimes when I walk, I get way too close to the wall. I take my side off on it (which really hurts a lot of times). Almost fall into it at times as well. Weirdo and some of the others have the same problem. Bandit trips over things at times (not sure why). Although I believe part of the problem in our system is that Jack can't walk very good. He's a drunk (in the inner world). So I believe that could be part of our problem (when he tries to come out). I don't know though.

Not sure what's up with it, but I do get feelings just like you described. I feel like I'm walking on an angle or something. Kinda creepy to me. Plus I will stagger sideways for no known reason (other than maybe switching). Unless it just has to do with how we walk. We each seem to have our own way of walking.
Body:(Female-27)

There are A LOT of us (Over 70.....due to that)......we're updating our signature to reflect those who might post.

Protectors:
Weirdo (Male), Wolverine (Male), Blaze (Male), Brian (Male),Shadow (Male)

Others:
Bandit (M), Matt (M),Mary (F), Blue (F), Gloom (F), Rage (F).....
Ponyta
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby SeveralCrows » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:46 am

Don't think we have trouble walking, but definitely we get very clumsy sometimes when we're between parts, where maybe someone is halfway in and someone halfway out but it's going very slowly. We misjudge where the wall or a piece of furniture is and end up bumping into stuff.
C-PTSD, OSDD-1b, attachment disorder
Sev (main part in charge of daily functioning, 31, she/her)
Jake (protector/caretaker, 32, he/him)
System of 21 known parts, including fragments.
SeveralCrows
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby Exploring » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:51 pm

Yes, I do! I thought I was developing a neurological disorder or something. My GP actually ran tests to exclude anything degenerative. Upon closer observation, it does seem to get worse the more I we dissociate or when there is anxiety. I get the bent / angled back feeling you describe, but mostly it feels like I'm losing control of my limbs, like I'm just staggering along. Sometimes I will lose my sense of balance or have issues with fine motor skills, speech or sight as well.
Exploring
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:22 am

Postby VioletFlux » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:57 pm

We do sometimes. Just like, from a clumsiness / walking into things kind of way?

We figure it's cos of the outside body not aligning with what we expect / how we actually see ourselves. Mental body image or whatever its called.

Viola
Outside Team: Arin (22f); Viola (17f); Violet aka V2 (16f);
Inside Team: Charlie (6m); Claire (0f); Ewan (4m); Janet (4f); L---- (∞f); Melissa (7f);
Mike (35m); Rebecca (∞f); S2 (32f); V1 (22f);
Body: 49f; Dx: DID; previously depression, bipolar. - Journey Thread - Our System
VioletFlux
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby subversiverisks » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:31 pm

Sure there are plenty of moments inside when schools are walking in a line that makes stride expected.

There are those that get ahead when you were young you were ahead of others too right. I'd look into walkable communities get some education about what to expect
subversiverisks
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby Floralie » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:59 pm

I don't have it the way you describe, but I know I don't walk straight. I think for me it's because one very simple thing, when I walk, I never look ahead. I look down. That's why I don't have any focus point where to head at, and that's why I keep on going like a drunken person. My footprints look funny in the snow. In the street there is lines to look at, so it's not as bad, but walking in pure white snow, well, let's just say I don't go for the shortest way out of it.

I'm not sure about Fourteen, but at least Sami and Lucas look ahead when walking. World looks very weird to me like that. I'm always staring the ground, and nothing distracts me from my thoughts. When looking up, it's really weird. There's so much happening, colors and .. stuff. But they can walk straight and it's not a problem.

I've had somethings weird body feelings like my body would want to turn to the left all the time, then it feels a bit crooked in a way. But it's not super bad, I can ignore it well enough.

Fourteen is having different type of walking issues. He has very good control over his muscles, because he can dance. He can be too aware of all the different walking styles there are, and can't really know how he himself walks like. He has more than one way of walking too, because he has DID. He can sometimes just look at how someone else is walking, and then mimic that, or mimic someone he knows. He can be very aware of his body and every movement it makes, and it all feels unnatural. He forgets how to make facial expressions without thinking them too much, and just decides to smile. It's easy, but has nothing to do with him being happy or feeling good. He smiles when he feels dissociative, or doesn't know who he is.

I'm clumsy. Sometimes Fourteen walks with so much control over his legs, it feels amazing. He can take some of his dancing skills out, but not all of it. Mostly my body just is clumsy.
Floralie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:22 am

Postby MellonCollie » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:06 pm

I'm more or less just a clumsy oaf while I'm out. I actually had a moment an hour ago where I kind of popped out mid walk to the coffee pot just thinking and feeling "WHAT IS THIS?!", nearly tripped over nothing and I don't know why... I just seem to have less "spacial awareness" and perhaps ""looser body control"" than AJ.

-Max
We're the Rogues Gallery
AJ - 27 (F - Host)
Max - 25 (M - Gatekeeper)
Aiden - 26 (M - Protector)
MellonCollie
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby Zor » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:40 pm

WeAreOne420 wrote:Sometimes when I'm switching between systems I cant walk straight.I feel like my back or body itself is crooked. It goes away eventually when my system settles into the body but overall...its weird as hell.

Sometimes with me/us it's a dizziness or "unsettled" feeling - more than a physical sensation it's a confusion or disorientation.
(Body - Male, 39)
Zor - primary host & main poster
The rest of us: {\Pixie/}, Kaitie-Lynn (aka "Kitten"), Kaleb, Angel, Katya, Satin, Charles, Chloe, Noah, and a few rarely seen
Zor
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:22 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby WeAreOne420 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:47 pm

Thanks for the reply you guys!!!!
WeAreOne420
Consumer 6
Consumer 6