Our partner

Request for advice, system struggling.

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Violarules

Re: Request for advice, system struggling.

Postby VioletFlux » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:31 pm

Thank you Pixie.

We are currently listening to a collection of Bach's Brandenburg Concertos; we find them both calming and uplifting.

Rebecca.
Outside Team: Arin (22f); Viola (17f); Violet aka V2 (16f);
Inside Team: Charlie (6m); Claire (0f); Ewan (4m); Janet (4f); L---- (∞f); Melissa (7f);
Mike (35m); Rebecca (∞f); Trina (25f); V1 (22f);
Body: 49f; Dx: DID; previously depression, bipolar. - Journey Thread - Our System
VioletFlux
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:35 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby MakersDozn » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:52 pm

VioletFlux wrote:Thank you Sev and MDs for your responses.

I have received advice on changes to our diet; it appears Violet had set the caloric target too low and our macronutrients are imbalanced. Apparently this can lead to mood swings in some people. I am making corrections on that front.

Once Anger is no longer an immediate threat, we will attempt to get some rest.

Rebecca

We're glad that you have more insight, as well as a plan (including the soothing music mentioned here). We look forward to hearing more about how your system works through this.

MDs
Multiple. Self-dxed 1996. Body 57f, no host or original. System of 47: 42 females, five males; 17 littles (7+under), nine middles (8-11), 14 teens (12-17+), five bigs (18+older), + a formless yin/yang duo. Oldest member is 25.

Frequent: Charity (25), Mary (23), Laura (17.5), Allegra (17), Cass (17)
Blog | Our Story | Journey
MakersDozn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:35 pm

Postby Zor » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:13 pm

VioletFlux wrote:Thank you Pixie.

We are currently listening to a collection of Bach's Brandenburg Concertos; we find them both calming and uplifting.

Rebecca.

Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata" is AWESOME! :)

{\Pixie/}
(Body - Male, 39)
Zor - primary host & main poster
The rest of us: {\Pixie/}, Kaitie-Lynn (aka "Kitten"), Kaleb, Angel, Katya, Satin, Charles, Chloe, Noah, and a few rarely seen
Zor
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:35 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby raptureblues » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:21 pm

i don't have good advice for dealing with anger (the emotion, i mean) because i deal with it badly, but when i'm feeling emotional and tired i try and at least rest in bed even if i can't sleep. i'll bring my laptop over nearby and lie in bed and watch something i don't really have to concentrate on but can listen to with my eyes closed. there's a channel on youtube where the guy does 1-3 hour long videos where he plays games, but he isn't loud or too excitable. he has a nice calm voice.

also charles wanted to recommend some classical music as that's his thing. he recommends "fragile dream" by joe hisaishi, "pavane pour une infante defunte" by maurice ravel, and yiruma's album "first love".

- alice & charles
alice (18~24, she/her), jones (14~23, he/him), lain (9~14, they/them), charles (~30, he/him), bubbles (6, she/her), rose (~12, she/her), werne (~12, he/him)

journey thread | insiders weekly
raptureblues
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:35 am

Postby Zor » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:56 pm

Something calm and relaxing to watch? I've taken to watching 2-3 of this guy's videos of his "cruising the cut" (canals) in the UK. It's slow paced, mellow, and his calm demeanor and voice are great for just unwinding... Not to mention just considering the mellow slow-paced life of 1-2mph cruising and periodic stationary mooring as a lifestyle is very calming and seems to be quite the "chill" way to live.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6SNxiLzSlh8e0yjndE9o_A
(Body - Male, 39)
The rest of us: {\Pixie/}, Kaitie-Lynn (aka "Kitten"), Kaleb, Angel, Katya, Satin, Charles, Chloe, Noah, and a few rarely seen
Zor
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby birdsong87 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:05 pm

our T told us to listen to Bach more. He said Bach knows all about trauma.

when we have to deal with strong anger it actually helps us to write it down. like a rant. or a letter to someone (without sending it of course). still our best tool, cause it gets it out, in a way that makes it more understandable.

throwing in an idea... anger usually rises when boundaries were violated. something like a diet needs to be a team effort. Just cutting foods some of you like without negotiating it is crossing a personal boundary. (imagine a husband putting his wife on a diet without asking because he thinks she would be healthier that way...) maybe you should re-negotiate?

could also be a different kind of boundary Anger is trying to protect. if someone feels brave it could help to ask (and demand an adult response and not a tantrum)
Dx: DID cPTSD
L (host 1); Asti (host 2); Annett (teen protector); Maya (child); Age (observer); Thamara (child); Danielle (aut. teen); Mike (caregiver) and others
our blog on resources: https://www.dis-sos.com
birdsong87
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:35 am

Postby Zor » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:26 pm

birdsong87 wrote:our T told us to listen to Bach more. He said Bach knows all about trauma.

So did Beethoven... his personal life was full of trauma. HealthyPlace did a thingy about him

https://www.healthyplace.com/bipolar-disorder/articles/beethovens-manic-depression

{\Pixie/}
(Body - Male, 39)
Zor
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby VioletFlux » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:13 pm

Thank you Zor and birdsong.

I currently have Bach's Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 and Pachabels Kanon on repeat. I was unable to find any of my Beethoven or Mozart. I know I had some, but I realize now that those were on tape and likely weren't digitized when Stephanie computerized everything many years ago.

I confess it has never crossed our minds to try and communicate with Anger. It simply did not occur to us that it might be capable of communication, as we have always viewed it as the pure embodiment of emotion and nothing more.

I will put some thought into that, and perhaps try and establish communication myself.

We have also had some additional input on the diet & nutrition front. Much the way that different alters can present varying responses to medication, it is possible we are having an atypical response to the diet itself - what worked successfully for Stephanie may no longer be entirely appropriate now that she is gone. Another possibility to consider.

At any rate, it took us a number of days to reach this point, we likely won't solve it in a matter of hours. Thank you again everyone, your help and suggestions have been appreciated.

Rebecca
Inside Team: Charlie (6m); Claire (0f); Ewan (4m); Janet (4f); L---- (∞f); Melissa (7f);
Body: 49f; Dx: DID; previously depression, bipolar. - Journey Thread - Our System
VioletFlux
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby MakersDozn » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:01 pm

Rebecca, your Anger reminds us in some ways of our Gideon. Or at least the way the rest of us originally perceived Gideon to be.

~Light~ and Gideon work together as sort of a formless, ageless yin/yang that guides our system at a meta level. We've never felt it necessary or appropriate to connect with them on a more personal, mundane level, but that's because of (our perception of) how our system works. Your system's situation with Anger may be different.

Which is our long-winded way of saying that we do relate to your situation in some way.

MDs
Multiple. Self-dxed 1996. Body 57f, no host or original. System of 47: 42 females, five males; 17 littles (7+under), nine middles (8-11), 14 teens (12-17+), five bigs (18+older), + a formless yin/yang duo. Oldest member is 25.

Frequent: Charity (25), Mary (23), Laura (17.5), Allegra (17), Cass (17)
Blog | Our Story | Journey
MakersDozn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:35 pm

Postby VioletFlux » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:37 pm

Thank you again to everyone who has offered advice here today.

Through Bach's Concertos and Pachabels Kanon, we had a relaxing bubblebath, and then spent a few hours watching Cruising the Cut on youtube, and then had a healthy meal.

Things calmed down enough that some littles emerged during the youtube videos -- hearing one of them meowing (?) at the ducks on the television was an amusing indication that things were quiet and safe again inside.

We now have one of their favourite cartoon movies on, someone has played with legos, and now I am going to step back.

All your help, suggestions, input, and concerns have been most appreciated.

Rebecca
VioletFlux
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post