Our partner

Medication Update

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Violarules

Medication Update

Postby Mosaic Butterflies » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:38 am

Over these past few months, I've been agonizing over the fact that the medication I was taking (Abilify) was silencing my alters, but today I've got some good news! I talked it over with my psychiatrist and we decided to take me off of the Abilify! We'll be starting me on a low dose of a different mood stabilizer that is not an Antipsychotic and I'll also be taking an antidepressant too. So, to sum it all up, it looks like the communication with my system may be restored! And I don't have to sacrifice my own health to do it either (meaning suffering with depression)!

I'm just so happy right now that I feel that I could celebrate! After two years of silence in my head, I'm about to get my system's voices back (or, at least, I hope so)! I wonder what I'm going to do first when they come back? I think I'm just going to start by telling everyone how much I missed them. I'm sure they already know that, but even still, I want them to know just how much I missed them.

May this medication combination work and may I not have to switch to anything else.
Dx: PTSD, Bipolar 2, OSDD-1b

My System
Stella (22), [Mother] (43), Autumn (22), Diana (25), Alice (15), Aliza (19), Abusive Alter (??), Hurting Alter (??), Kyle (15), Peter (17), Luna (6), Beverly (8), Hungry Child (??), Babushka (??), Baby (??)
Mosaic Butterflies
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:54 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Medication Update

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:59 am

That's wonderful news!
I'm glad you were able to advocate for your system and that you were listened to.
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:54 pm

Postby KawaiiKitty » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:41 am

Wish you luck that sounds good.

Zed.
~Our System, a family~
KawaiiKitty
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:54 am

Postby Floralie » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:47 am

Great news! Say hi to your parts and tell we all were on their side too. I'm interested to hear if they just couldn't get their voices to be heard, or were they sleeping or something, what's their experience of it all.

Did you talk about your diagnose?
Floralie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:54 am

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post