Our partner

How to know if a part is being present

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Violarules

How to know if a part is being present

Postby Floralie » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:12 pm

We all probably know how many different ways parts can be involved in something. Sometimes it is very clear, no doubt. I worry myself, that if I am not sure, I will maybe think them thinking about things they didn't, but I did, or think they have an opinion, which they don't. I wanna be sure they are really their thoughts before calling them as such.

Sometimes I am not sure if I am just thinking about someone, or if that someone is actually there. Sometimes I think something in my mind about one of them, and my mind answers something to it. But the answer comes with my voice. And I wonder if it just came to my mind they could say that, but they didn't and it was me.

When we do communicate, I don't hear voices in my head. We don't actually talk with words. And when I think about them having conversations sometimes with each others, there are no voices or there is only my voice. So probably it's not them talking in my mind, but me thinking about them talking. Then it's never anything about this world, but something else. I am not sure what is my imagination about them, and what all is true to them too, because I do believe I have had an imaginary world involving them, but non of it was maybe true to them.

When I can be sure, is when I feel one of them coming and I didn't expect it to happen, so it's clearly their decision and I am surprised. I also know it's true when I feel their emotions Although we don't communicate with actual words, or at least I don't get my answers as spoken language with a voice, I may still get their actual words in the info that has been shared. I know how their voices are like, but I'm not actually sure how I know that. Maybe I know that because they know that, and the information has been shared.

But then there are all those times I don't feel their emotions, but I feel like it's me acting like them, and there are only my feelings and thoughts. And I don't know am I just imitating them, or what is it about. Or times I think someone is thinking something, but I don't feel their presence, and I am not sure if I am just thinking about them myself without them having anything to do with it, or does it actually come from them. So I tend not to believe it really was them, when I can't be sure.

But how about you other systems? How can you be sure when something comes from a part? Because there also is huge amount of passive influence, I do know they can be involved without me knowing anything about it, but feeling it is only me wanting to do their stuff, but it's them affecting to me and making me do their things, with or without purpose. Do you have any way of making sure what is real?

I think I sometimes also imitate them, and do here things they are doing inside. But I don't know if it's like that. Or if it is just me. The problem is that I like them so much and I want them to be close and present, so I can also do wishful thinking.

Maybe I could try to make some kind of agreement with them about how I can ask and how do they answer. The kind I can't do myself. But I don't know what it could be.

Now that I was writing about this, I heard a little ..um.. in my mind with Fourteens voice. So maybe I need to take some of what I just said back, or maybe I was imagining him reacting with his voice because I was thinking about it..

How the heck can you be sure?
Floralie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:17 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: How to know if a part is being present

Postby MakersDozn » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:32 pm

Good question, Floralie. We've always struggled with passive influence, largely because we can't see each other on the inside. We see places and things, and what we think our others look like, but we don't actually see them in the interactive sense. Not without considerable effort, and then only rarely.

We wish it were less confusing and less unclear.

Charity, Mary, Allegra, and others
Multiple. Self-dxed 1996. Body 57f, no host or original. System of 47: 42 females, five males; 17 littles (7+under), nine middles (8-11), 14 teens (12-17+), five bigs (18+older), + a formless yin/yang duo. Oldest member is 25.

Frequent: Charity (25), Mary (23), Laura (17.5), Allegra (17), Cass (17)
Blog | Our Story | Journey
MakersDozn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:17 am

Postby Exploring » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:07 pm

I'd be interested to hear from more people how it is for them because I relate to what Floralie wrote.
Exploring
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:17 pm

Postby Sarandipity » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:38 pm

Ok we couldn't read all that but picked up imaginary world. We can't pick it up because our internal landscape is currently invaded by all our other parts.

They thought we lived in a cell. Locked in. In the dark.

We came out for reasons. We usually live subconscious. They live outside. They now say we're grassing them up. We pointed out who to and for what? We can't arrest them and have them removed?... Hand on, can we? Lol Anyway we'll reply.

We don't live in a cell in the dark. We have a massive internal landscape. The others live in this outside world. They do all their mundane things. They consider the internal not real or they did.

We're having issues getting anyone to come out.

Is it imaginary? Imaginary is subjective. We prefer our imaginary subconscious world to this outside drudgery. We kind of liked playing Halo but who wants to play a computer game when you can live it? Do we care what the outside people think we're doing or if it's "real" We'd question reality anyway so it's all relative. You know them YouTube weird theory, scary theory that'd make yoye question your reality - we watched one yesterday and we'd already thought of every single one. So imaginary / reality. Dreams are real when you're dreaming it although we learnt dream control as children so we use dreams Young interpretation to be precise as messages from the subconscious rather than imagination exercise.

It's difficult to explain what we mean.

We'll try this way. Our outside people ducked inside. They realised we aren't the threat to them we made out to be and slipped through our "cell door" Patrick is playing war games. Peter is painting like he never painted before on a giant sky and fast. Rose is just sitting eating chocolate on a sofa. Karen is trying on furs and being a catwalk model. Mandy is just home like usual and doesn't see what everyone's fuss is about. And we're stuck out here.

So we've been invaded. They don't want to come out. They said we'll be fine going to work, doing a visit with our mother, - you know all that stuff. They say we need to learn outside but we think they're just too busy enjoying inside and now we're stuck here.

This has a difficult problem. We aren't used to sleep and wake up like they are. We live inside. Shut down isn't really on our menu. We rest but we don't know shut down,we're never "awake" as such too shut down. So we laid awake last night. Someone did shut down. Probably Mandy. If there's sleep trouble between her and Rose they put everyone to bed.

We're going to try to re-read what you wrote in hopes of being more helpful.
Sarandipity
Beth KarenPatrickPeterthe twinsMandyRose
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Sarandipity » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:54 pm

Ok we read it and took it in. This is how we see what you're describing. We could be completely off because we only have ourselves to go by.

You have an internal landscape. You're outside. We don't know your layouts or communication strategies but they seem foggy.

You have carrier pigeons. That's how it comes across to us. The carrier pigeon carries a message from an internal person. You read the message. Therefore it's in your voice.

Our Jane is neutral and monotone. She is our message relay person. She's quick, concise and non-disruptive.

Carrier pigeons are a bit more invasive. Like talking to yourself and therefore confusion.

Our opinion is that you know your alters voices because you speak to them in dreams. You only visit the internal world in dreams. Like our core personality used to. She'd visit, pop in and out, chat but completely oblivious to us being other people.

She does what she likes when she likes now. She floats in and out. Not like a ghost. Like a Goddess. She said don't say that it sounds weird. So if she doesn't like it then she can come out here. Ha.. Peace, The twins

Hi, I have an incredibly vivid "imagination" the end. Much luck, love and blessings
Sarandipity
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Sarandipity » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:21 pm

Everyone wants me to write my experience as a core personality. I was inside. The twins started calling me a Goddess, they mean in relation to this body not an actual Goddess lol but it caught my attention and embarrassment from inside.

I was happily chilling out inside. Now I'm out here. Yea it's great to see my real life people. I love them. But my skin is itchy, I don't like the air. The bath doesn't run its self, I have to run it and oh yeah you can't think water warm out here you have to turn the hot water on.

I've been ducking in and out for years. More in since I found my house or it created it's self, whatever. But i only like to visit out here not hang out much. The reasons being outlined above in the inconveniences of reality.

Is inside real? It is when you're in there. Out here it's easy to forget it. To become trapped out here. The same I guess as it was easy for the twins to stay inside.

If we all meet we tend to meet at the void. Like a conference, only for big stuff. At the void anything can "materialise" so to speak so everyone can get there and everyone can feel at home.

If its easy to minimise your internal world as imaginary then do. If you want in then I'm sure you can get there. Tired now. Blessings, love and light
Sarandipity
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post