Our partner

In relation to reading

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Violarules

In relation to reading

Postby Sarandipity » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:35 pm

Couldn't immediately find the "trouble reading" post so I'm writing this out here.

Started reading a book. I literally grabbed it in the supermarket. No thought, didn't read the back, didn't consider other books. I thought buy a book and read it. Haven't read for ages. And I grabbed the book.

The book is causing dissociation. Usually I get right into a book. Lost in it and can't put it down or I don't like it and can't read it. This one is causing severe dissociation. Blurred vision, feeling disconnected, I've had to stop reading it at chapter 29. I read some yesterday and I did think yesterday I have to finish this today or I won't read it. But i thought no get some sleep, you have nothing on tomorrow so you can finish it then.

Anyway it's the plot that's causing the dissociation. It's a woman with a baby who has neighbours who don't want to baby at the dinner party so she leaves the baby alone takes the baby monitor next door and while she's next door the baby gets kidnapped. The mother has dissociative disorder and can't remember a period of time and the policeman thinks she killed the baby, keeps saying it to her so she starts to believe him and thinks her husband is covering up her killing the baby to protect her when really he kidnapped the baby so he could blackmail her rich parents to pay ransom.

So I think it's all causing me to dissociate because 1. I had stuck up dinner party friends who didn't like me taking my child to their dinner parties. So I stopped being friends with them. 2. I used to have nightmares about my children being kidnapped out of the house. 3. I dissociate and wouldn't that be the worse kind of dissociation but my children are all older now. 4. The suggestive nature of the policeman and her believing him. If someone tells me something enough I used to start believing them. 5. The rich parents. My mum and step dad aren't millionaires but they do have a nice house, nice cars, small boat and my mum loves to use money as a hold to manipulate like the parents in the story. Except the step dad in the story is a bit evil and my step dad is nice. 6. The neighbours are into "hot wife" or whatever you call it "cuckolding" some kind of thing like that which my ex was always trying to get me to do but I didn't. And the neighbours have hidden cameras which again my ex liked to film and audio record everything - boring phone convos everything - and that's what these neighbours are like.

So overall I'm finding the book very dissociative causing. I dunno why out of 30+ odd books on display in the supermarket I grabbed this one. It must be product placement I guess but still I could of grabbed the book next to it.
[/coloru]Sarandipity
[color=#BF40FF]Beth
KarenPatrickPeterthe twinsMandyRose
No-one
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:44 am
Blog: View Blog (2)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: In relation to reading

Postby Sarandipity » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:05 pm

So from chapter 29 onwards was just all explaining and revealing the kidnapping logistics. It wasn't dissociating at all.

I read the blurb about her next book and it's also a memory loss book. So I think I won't be reading anymore of her books.
[/coloru]Sarandipity
[color=#BF40FF]Beth
KarenPatrickPeterthe twinsMandyRose
No-one
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:44 am
Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: In relation to reading

Postby Johnny-Jack » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:58 am

Maybe this is the thread: Does anyone have trouble reading?
Dx=DID: 74 of us. John, Johnny, Ryder hosts. Sphinx. Gwendolyn 50s. Marc-Dominic, Aaron, Gaul 40s. Jonathan 33. Neville 20. Quato 19. Kyle 16. Ulric, Calvin, Daniel 15. Faolán 14. Hoyt, Cam, Cully, Flynn, Tuck, Abel, Eberly, Will, Gordon, Pehr, Mick/Mxyzptlk 13. Nigel 12. Orval, Jack 11. Abraham, Zane, Ty, Randy 10. Brody 9. Sky, Yanni, Vince, Luke, Hank, Xavi 8. Cole, Matt, Chase 7. Andre, Godwin, Greg, Carter, Estes, Seamus 6. Michael, Caleb, Inky, Kent 5. Casper, Bartholomew, Raisin Annie, Scott, Hansel & Johann, Wats 4. Pip, Max, Little John 3. Erik, Carl, Sheldon, Alvin, Ashár, Henry 2. Edward, Clark, Zeb 1. Adam <1
Johnny-Jack
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:44 am
Blog: View Blog (40)

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post