Our partner

Who we are

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Violarules

Who we are

Postby BDC66 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:13 am

Hello everyone, thought I'd introduce the family; we are four (maybe more) with an imaginary friend, the family pet. I'm Me the host, I'm male and age with the body which currently is 52. Next is Defender, the protector. He is male and in his early 20's (exact age he hasn't shared with me). Then comes Child, he is also male and 3. Child and Defender have a symbiotic relationship. I is next, he is also male and his age is unknown. I is possibly our origin. He never comes to the front but is always watching and observing. Finally is Dawg, our pet dog, an imaginary friend since our early days. We all know of and communicate with each other. Child is non-verbal and dawg is telepathic. I communicates the least but seems to have wisdom well beyond the age of our body.
BDC66
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:25 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Who we are

Postby Floralie » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:31 pm

Hi and welcome!

I don't think Dawg is imaginary more than any other of you. He communicates, which means he has an identity. I think he is an animal alter. They are not uncommon in DID. If his job is to be a friend, he might be some kind of a care taker. I can imagine he has been a great comfort to you when you were little.

I may have animal alters as well, a dog and a horse. They have been there since my childhood as well. They don't communicate, I just sometimes would want to act like them, and I think about being them the same way I have done with other parts of the system as well. And it is not a child part, that wants to play to be a horse or a dog, it's adult me kind of feeling like I would be one. Horse comes out when I have to do something physically hard. Then I kind of enjoy it. Dog comes out sometimes when I'm walking with another real life person. He is protective and faithful black german shepherd and he's called Hindenburg's dog. The horse doesn't have a name and I don't know how it looks like or if it's a girl or boy.

DID starts in the childhood. That is why parts can be what ever, mostly they have been born in a child's brain.
Floralie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:25 am

Postby SOHank » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:09 pm

Welcome !

AJ and Lou have a similar relationship to your Defender and Child.
Married to SunflowerGals
SOHank
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby ItsJustUs » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:08 pm

Hello and welcome from all (6) of us.
Kitten 39F-Core, Delilah (age unknown)F- Protector/System Manager/Care Taker, Britney 17F- Former persecutor turned protector, Lilly 5.5F, Little Wolf (young, but age unknown) "job" unknown, Val- age unknown, Female entity, we think she is a protector
ItsJustUs
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby BDC66 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:06 am

First of all, i would like to thank you all for the welcome.

@Floralie after writing this post, i started to think about what role Dawg played. i do believe you are right, he is one of us. Defender says Dawg has always been there, so he my truly be the fist, even before Child. It was good to hear your take on it, thank you for sharing your insight.
BDC66
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby IainEtc » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:34 am

Welcome to the forum.

Iain
Iain - 14, Colin - 17, Evan - 7, Cody - 16, Raven, Host - the adult out front

When they say 'be yourself',
which one do they mean?
IainEtc
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:25 pm

Postby sleepingwolf » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:25 am

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing about yourselves!

Good luck in your ventures :D

Yanni - One in the Albion System
The Albion System - 76 Tribal members
11 Co-Hosts
A bunch of Littles
A few pure Warriors
A load of amazing guys...
sleepingwolf
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:25 pm

Postby AThousandLetters » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:45 am

Welcome to the forum! :)
I can see you in my head again.

DID/PTSD, autism.
Body is in late 20s. 22 confirmed alters of all ages.
AThousandLetters
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby subversiverisks » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:59 pm

Welcome to psych forums!
subversiverisks
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby BDC66 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:47 am

So, last week I set about trying to find any others who may exist. Late Tuesday night Alan presented himself with the comment "You're @#$%&!@# Worthless!" Defender said that was going to shut him down. The next morning he said his name is Alan. Later that day he shared a memory of him and a middle school acquaintance vandalizing property. I thought "great, a delinquent." Alan was quiet for the next couple days.

Defender was absent for most of Thursday, had me concerned and Child was distraught. but that evening as Child and myself entered a bookstore to order a book our T suggested, Defender returned. We came across a copy of "Where the Wild Things Are", the last copy on their shelves, so we bought it. It is Child's favorite, Defender and myself like it too. Defender and myself have been reading it to Child, Child feels loved.

This morning, as Child and myself lie in bed, we where joined by Cat, a persona from before my time. Cat would curl up with Child when Child was in bed and could not sleep. this was my first time meeting Cat.

earlier this evening while Defender and myself were conversing, we kept getting interrupted be the interjection of a name, "Jake", after multiple interruptions, he presented his image, a man about 30ish in a suit and tie. He than demanded time and that he should be in charge...just then my head exploded with a cacophony of want seemed like a thousand voices speaking at once. It was confusing and my head started to hurt. Myself was trying to quiet everyone down when myself realized I could no longer feel child, During my frantic search for Child, the din began to die down. That's when Jake said "Child takes up to much time and should be relegate to the back..." before Jake could finish, both Defender and Alan jumped all over him. Then the cacophony of voices rose up again, so loud this time I could not here myself think. That's when I and Dawg stepped up and quieted everyone down. Myself then was letting everyone know that in this household children always come first, the littles that live within and the littles that live without and that this is non-negotiable. Jake continued to be disruptive through out. He is currently under house arrest. He will get a chance to be heard, just not right away.

Thanks for listening,
-Me

p.s. this all has me concerned that I’ve opened a can of worms that I’m just not ready to handle.
BDC66
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Next

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum