Our partner

Feeling lost?

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Violarules

Feeling lost?

Postby WeAreOne420 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:40 am

Sometimes I'm here but I feel lost in myself. I can go through the entire day feeling like I'm waiting for something to happen or waiting to connect to myself and its really difficult to concentrate and be productive.

I feel like there are some parts that are more me than others and I feel like I'm connected to who I really am more an well as more connected to the body.

And when im "lost" I'm there but...not able to connect or I can feel myself through someone else and I'm so far away.

Is this a common thing?
WeAreOne420
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:01 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Feeling lost?

Postby Magnesiumchloride » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:14 pm

Hello there. I am not a professional, so the things I said could be wrong or inaccurate. But based on my personal experience. I think you might be disconnected from your system / your group of people. Perhaps... you might be 'alone' (your own space) in your body. That's why you feel that you are so far away from your body. Do you have the feeling of like a group of people discussing something without you?

Hmm, when you said that you can feel yourself through someone else. I think you are closely related with that person. In the presence of that person, then only you can feel yourself. Maybe, you should try to talk more to that person in your head (if you can) so you would know what happens in 'you'...

About your question, is this a common thing? I am not really sure what are the reasons why you feel so lost because there are a lot of reasons. But I am assuming that you are disconnected from your system or you are simply dissociated and confused with your own identity.

Or maybe, something actually happened in your life already without you noticing. One alter actually took over your life when you are feeling lost, so maybe that's why you feel so far away from your body because your body had been occupied by another alter.

And yup, it is quite a common thing for the people with DID to not able to concentrate, be productive and quite common to feel that you are far away from your body and feel that you are watching yourself in a movie.
To overcome the 'lost' feeling, I think you can talk to your T or alters inside you.

Hope that you will get better. To emphasise again, I am not a professional so things I said could be inaccurate. But I am trying to help you here.
Magnesiumchloride
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:01 pm

Postby WeAreOne420 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:21 pm

Magnesiumchloride wrote:Hello there. I am not a professional, so the things I said could be wrong or inaccurate. But based on my personal experience. I think you might be disconnected from your system / your group of people. Perhaps... you might be 'alone' (your own space) in your body. That's why you feel that you are so far away from your body. Do you have the feeling of like a group of people discussing something without you?

Hmm, when you said that you can feel yourself through someone else. I think you are closely related with that person. In the presence of that person, then only you can feel yourself. Maybe, you should try to talk more to that person in your head (if you can) so you would know what happens in 'you'...

About your question, is this a common thing? I am not really sure what are the reasons why you feel so lost because there are a lot of reasons. But I am assuming that you are disconnected from your system or you are simply dissociated and confused with your own identity.

Or maybe, something actually happened in your life already without you noticing. One alter actually took over your life when you are feeling lost, so maybe that's why you feel so far away from your body because your body had been occupied by another alter.

And yup, it is quite a common thing for the people with DID to not able to concentrate, be productive and quite common to feel that you are far away from your body and feel that you are watching yourself in a movie.
To overcome the 'lost' feeling, I think you can talk to your T or alters inside you.

Hope that you will get better. To emphasise again, I am not a professional so things I said could be inaccurate. But I am trying to help you here.

I think you hit the nail right on its head. I have so many different subsystems within my system and sometimes I get disconnected from that. Thank you so much for this comment because every single thing that you said make sense. Every single thing. Do you know any more Info on this subject. Its brilliant to be able to put into words what wrong experience.

I do know that every alter has....several alts and all my system are together in long rows. I first noticed it when I was smoking weed and it was like my systems were rolidex cards.

Lol what a way to find out,right!

Anyways my system and sub system are HUGE.

Is there anything else you can tell me about this subject?
WeAreOne420
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:01 am

Postby Magnesiumchloride » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:39 pm

Yay! I am happy for you and I really hope that you'll get better. Sorry for not replying these few days because I was not 'out' haha. But yea, DID is very complex and confusing and I am learning it myself too. Hmm... for now, I don't really have much information about this subject, sorry.

We need many years to really find out and learn about ourselves. So just take it slowly. I hope that you are not feeling lost anymore. And just wanted to let you know that you are not alone because many people here are facing the same problem too. Hope that you'll have a better future. You can do it!

Yours sincerely,
Ella (inner self-helper)

Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:01 pm

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post