Our partner

Weirdest thing just happened

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Violarules

Weirdest thing just happened

Postby ItsJustUs » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:56 pm

So, do you ever see things on the body that aren't physically there on the outside... or NOT see things on the body that ARE physically there on the outside.

So I've been wearing a purple ring. A few minutes ago I noticed it was missing. I could even see the marks it left behind (as cheap jewelry leaves behind oftentimes) and I was a little sad the ring was missing, and I was thinking of where I might have lost it... I sighed. I was about to send a text when I saw out of the corner of my eye that the ring was still on my finger, where it was supposed to be.

I KNOW it wasn't there. And then it just was. The only reasonable explanation I can think of, is that maybe someone on the inside, who doesn't associate that ring with us couldn't see it, because it doesn't exist to her? No idea. This is the firs time anything like that has ever happened. And I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced this.

I don't think someone took it off, or I would have seen it on my desk.

Thanks

K
Kitten 39F-Core, Delilah (age unknown)F- Protector/System Manager/Care Taker, Britney 17F- Former persecutor turned protector, Lilly 5.5F, Little Wolf (young, but age unknown) "job" unknown, Val- age unknown, Female entity, we think she is a protector
ItsJustUs
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:03 pm
Local time: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Weirdest thing just happened

Postby myce » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:43 am

I drive myself mad misplacing things. I can't find my phone, until I find it's in my hand. An object that went missing for days suddenly appears in plain sight. Your ring disappeared from your finger then reappeared? That is odd, but it sounds like something I would do, lol.
OSDD self-dx
42f
myce
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:40 pm
Local time: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Weirdest thing just happened

Postby Ponyta » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:03 am

Well when I'm co-conscious with Nightcrawler I feel like I have a tail. Also for some strange reason every time I watch the video of him playing Just Dance.....I see his tail on our body (but yet I know it's not physically there). Still I see it though. I can sometimes see other stuff related to the others as well. Sometimes it creeps me out.

So it seems to me that could possibly be what happened. Glad you didn't actually lose your ring.
Body:(Female-27)

Protectors: Weirdo (Male-28), Wolverine (Male-30), Blaze(Male-24), Brian (Male-28)
Mary, Blue, Melody, Maggie, Larry, Taz,Romeo, Electro, Nightcrawler, Bruiser, Punisher, Freedom, Isabelle, Andrew, David, Bowser, TJ, Jessie, James, Jack, Giovanni, Yondu, Scar, Rose, Angelica, Bandit, Mystique, Tom, Marco, Iggy, Rhino, Steve, Matt, Plus more....
User avatar
Ponyta
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:50 am
Local time: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:16 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Weirdest thing just happened

Postby littleDaria » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:11 am

We have had similar visual disturbances. We always figured they were just us being particularly forgetful. Our memory is Swiss cheese as it is.
The Ohana Autonomous Collective
Daria (system age 17-23) (bio age: 50f) [NOT the Original]
Pixie (Fairy) | Ligella (Vampire) | Aloysius (60) | Snow (18) | | Mona (17)
Niki (15) | Naomi (14) | Mal (12) | Simon (11) Evora (9) | Willow (9) |
Ophelia (8) | Alia (6) | Denise (4) [possibly original] | Aura (3) | Newt (2/3) | Boo (2)
littleDaria
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 687
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:19 am
Local time: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Weirdest thing just happened

Postby VioletFlux » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:46 pm

We've had similar stuff, for like, years. Not so much stuff on our body 'disappearing' though that can happen, but like, stuff in our environment, around the house. Like things just get 'edited out' of our awareness so they disappear even in plain sight.

The only thing that regularily 'appears' on our body is cats lol. Like I'll be sitting at the desk working, and then I realize I'm not working any more and there's a cat curled up ontop of me and I'm like, wait how long have you been there? When did this happen?

Even had it happen once that I was working and the kitten was annoying me, then he stopped and after a while I suddenly thought ok things are too quiet, where's that cat got to? and I was looking around the room from my chair, and finally noticed him curled up asleep ontop of me. :lol:
Most Active: Violet aka V2 (16); Melissa (7); Viola (17); Rebecca (∞);
L---- (14); Protectors: Charlie (6); Mike (35); Littles: Arin (6); Janet (4);
Body: 49f; Dx: DID; previously depression, bipolar.
Our Journey Thread - The whole Flux System
User avatar
VioletFlux
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 1354
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:14 am
Local time: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Weirdest thing just happened

Postby SOHank » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:37 pm

I think some in SF's system chose to ignore/not see her wedding rings. I know Raina was very shocked when I pointed it out when we first started talking about a shared body.

The mind will see what it wants sometimes. SF has "seen" Alana outside her physical body before. Especially before she started helping.

Also are you sure of the timeframe? Taking off and putting on a ring is pretty quick. Maybe someone just got "caught" looking at it. Lou last night was excited about pretty earrings and popped out for 5-10 seconds or so to show them to me while SF had no clue about it (other than me giggling and telling her what happened). :lol:
Married to SunflowerGals
SOHank
Consumer 5
Consumer 5
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:45 pm
Local time: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Weirdest thing just happened

Postby ItsJustUs » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:11 pm

myce wrote:I drive myself mad misplacing things. I can't find my phone, until I find it's in my hand. An object that went missing for days suddenly appears in plain sight. Your ring disappeared from your finger then reappeared? That is odd, but it sounds like something I would do, lol.


Yes. I hate that. Its like, "I KNOW I put my keys here!" and they aren't there, even though I KNOW I put it there. Then I find it someplace I'd NEVER leave it. We had to make a rule for Lilly that if she takes my glasses off, they go in one specific place. Otherwise I can't find them. I found them outside in a lawn chair one morning. *SMH*

K


-- Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:12 am --

Ponyta wrote:Well when I'm co-conscious with Nightcrawler I feel like I have a tail. Also for some strange reason every time I watch the video of him playing Just Dance.....I see his tail on our body (but yet I know it's not physically there). Still I see it though. I can sometimes see other stuff related to the others as well. Sometimes it creeps me out.

So it seems to me that could possibly be what happened. Glad you didn't actually lose your ring.


Thank you!

-- Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:16 am --

SOHank wrote:I think some in SF's system chose to ignore/not see her wedding rings. I know Raina was very shocked when I pointed it out when we first started talking about a shared body.

The mind will see what it wants sometimes. SF has "seen" Alana outside her physical body before. Especially before she started helping.

Also are you sure of the timeframe? Taking off and putting on a ring is pretty quick. Maybe someone just got "caught" looking at it. Lou last night was excited about pretty earrings and popped out for 5-10 seconds or so to show them to me while SF had no clue about it (other than me giggling and telling her what happened). :lol:


Lilly was out talking to my husband last night, and he asked her, "Did you take the purple ring off today?" She was like. (insert funny kid face when you know they're pulling your leg).. "um. Noooooooo."
LOL. He said, "You're not in trouble. K is just really confused."

Well, turns out she took it off to inspect it (because it's new and she wasn't "around" when my daughter gave it to me. Then she set it down and forgot about it. I came out, worried that I lost my ring. Lilly thought she'd be in trouble, so she covertly popped out and then put the ring back on, and then left. Apparently both times she was out were very short.

It's just odd, because it's been a long time since something has happened where I haven't been co-con with the person who was out. And I still have no memory of the ring coming off, or going back on. And to me, it literally felt like I blinked and it was gone, and I blinked again and it was back.

And yes, at the mind seeing what it wants to. I hadn't really thought about it before. But now I can try to be more aware.

K
Kitten 39F-Core, Delilah (age unknown)F- Protector/System Manager/Care Taker, Britney 17F- Former persecutor turned protector, Lilly 5.5F, Little Wolf (young, but age unknown) "job" unknown, Val- age unknown, Female entity, we think she is a protector
ItsJustUs
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:03 pm
Local time: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Weirdest thing just happened

Postby SOHank » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:34 pm

:lol:

I wondered. Most in SF's system are meticulous about putting things back to avoid being noticed unless they are surprised or startled.

Lou, not as much. SF came back at one point wondering why she was suddenly sitting on the floor next to me. I told her Lou wanted to feel small. :D
Married to SunflowerGals
SOHank
Consumer 5
Consumer 5
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:45 pm
Local time: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Weirdest thing just happened

Postby ItsJustUs » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:30 pm

SOHank wrote::lol:

I wondered. Most in SF's system are meticulous about putting things back to avoid being noticed unless they are surprised or startled.

Lou, not as much. SF came back at one point wondering why she was suddenly sitting on the floor next to me. I told her Lou wanted to feel small. :D


Lilly likes to feel small too. She's the one most bothered by "the outside doesn't match me."

K
Kitten 39F-Core, Delilah (age unknown)F- Protector/System Manager/Care Taker, Britney 17F- Former persecutor turned protector, Lilly 5.5F, Little Wolf (young, but age unknown) "job" unknown, Val- age unknown, Female entity, we think she is a protector
ItsJustUs
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:03 pm
Local time: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum




  • Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Floralie, myce, spinningtops, Violarules and 86 guests