Our partner

Systems on steroids (really)

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Violarules

Systems on steroids (really)

Postby IainEtc » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:35 pm

Hi,

Ok so we have to take these steroid pills for like 21 days! They are making the system feel really unstable - like switchy and weird and angry. I'm acting all hyperactive and talking too much. Colin is getting aggressive and Cody is getting sexual ALL THE TIME! We're switching at almost nothing! It's making Host kind of crazy. WTF!

Has anybody else had to do this? What should I do?

Iain
Iain - 14, Colin - 17, Evan - 7, Cody - 16, Raven, Host - the adult out front

When they say 'be yourself',
which one do they mean?
IainEtc
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:53 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Systems on steroids (really)

Postby ItsJustUs » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:47 pm

I'd contact your T, to let him/her know how you (all) are feeling and how the steroids are affecting your system.

Exercise or some moderate physical activity may help the aggression and hyperactivity.

No advice on the sexual front, don't know enough about you to even begin to make a suggestion. LOL

For real, talk to the T, I think!

K
Kitten 39F-Core, Delilah (age unknown)F- Protector/System Manager/Care Taker, Britney 17F- Former persecutor turned protector, Lilly 5.5F, Little Wolf (young, but age unknown) "job" unknown, Val- age unknown, Female entity, we think she is a protector
ItsJustUs
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:53 pm

Postby IainEtc » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:58 pm

Hi K,

Thanks for the advice. We emailed our T because it's going to be a while before we see her. :? Host thinks you are right about activity. He's going to make sure Colin has extra time to exercise. That will help.

Iain

which one do they mean?
IainEtc
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ItsJustUs » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:59 pm

IainEtc wrote:Hi K,

Thanks for the advice. We emailed our T because it's going to be a while before we see her. :? Host thinks you are right about activity. He's going to make sure Colin has extra time to exercise. That will help.

Iain

Glad I could help!

Good luck! And I hope your T gets back to you fairly quickly!!!

K
Kitten 39F-Core, Delilah (age unknown)F- Protector/System Manager/Care Taker, Britney 17F- Former persecutor turned protector, Lilly 5.5F, Little Wolf (young, but age unknown) "job" unknown, Val- age unknown, Female entity, we think she is a protector
ItsJustUs
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby IainEtc » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:02 pm

Hi K,

We can't tell our doctor we're in here because Host is too embarrassed. I wish we could at least tell her why things are getting weird.

If athletes use this stuff all the time they must not have DID or they'd be freaking all the time. :roll:

Iain

which one do they mean?
IainEtc
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby SOHank » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:04 pm

*** Sorry, was not keeping up with additional postings. ***

Also, does your Dr. know about your DID? If so, talk to the Dr. as well.

SF's does and it helps a lot.
Married to SunflowerGals
SOHank
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby ItsJustUs » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:07 pm

IainEtc wrote:Hi K,

We can't tell our doctor we're in here because Host is too embarrassed. I wish we could at least tell her why things are getting weird.

If athletes use this stuff all the time they must not have DID or they'd be freaking all the time. :roll:

Iain

I can understand that.
I'm curious, as Hank is, does your medical doctor know about the DID? Are you on any other meds, and does he KNOW you're on other meds.

Also, there are different types of steroids, the steroid shot I get for sciatica is not the same steroids athletes use. SO, different types.

K
ItsJustUs
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby SOHank » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:13 pm

You could also talk about the anger, aggression, and hyperactivity to your Dr. without mentioning DID. Maybe there is an alternate medication you could use.
Married to SunflowerGals
SOHank
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby IainEtc » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:17 pm

Hi,

Didn't know about different types. This is prednisone? Lots and lots of pills for like a month! It's just been a couple of days and already we're switching like every 5 minutes. Getting tired of this.

Host won't get meds because he won't tell anybody except his T. He says he doesn't want to risk his job and stuff. And there are a lot of people around here that don't think DID is real so maybe he's right. IDK.

Good idea. Maybe just talk about the anger.

Iain

which one do they mean?
IainEtc
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ItsJustUs » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:21 pm

IainEtc wrote:Hi,

Didn't know about different types. This is prednisone? Lots and lots of pills for like a month! It's just been a couple of days and already we're switching like every 5 minutes. Getting tired of this.

Host won't get meds because he won't tell anybody except his T. He says he doesn't want to risk his job and stuff. And there are a lot of people around here that don't think DID is real so maybe he's right. IDK.

Good idea. Maybe just talk about the anger.

Iain

Just make sure the medical doctor knows all the meds your body is on. Certain meds can interfere with other meds, some combos can be very very very bad. I get not wanting to tell anyone, it was very difficult for me to tell our T, and one of my insiders was very upset with me for doing so.

Found this article about the different classes of steroids for you. Thought it might ease your mind a bit.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/anabolic ... nce-190456
ItsJustUs
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post