Our partner

Journaling with alters

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Violarules

Re: Journaling with alters

Postby Floralie » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:39 pm

Thanks for your replies.

Fourteen wrote to me today. He woke up on the morning and I realized we were co-present and co-con and he had something to say, so he wrote it up. He can also talk to me inside our minds, but he is more of a writer than a talker, and I am too. I think it works well with him if we can wrote each other. He doesn't talk much, but he can write about how he feels. He would never talk about how he feels. He starts feeling overwhelmed if he tries to talk about feeling, it's like there is so much of feelings he's almost crushed under them, and he can't find any words to describe it, he just gets more anxious. When he writes, he can have all the words in the world and it's easier, without the feeling of pressure when there's someone waiting what he has to say. That's why he doesn't have anything to say when he comes out. He has so much to say, he can't get any of it out.

Today it was about a decision I made for him, without actually never asking from him about it. It was for his safety, but I didn't ask him. We need to think about the thing again, because he thinks it's important for him anyway, even when it hasn't been easy for him. He wants more space in outside world again. He has been like that for a long time, he's like in-between both worlds more than other parts. I thought he would be more safe inside and with safe people. He was the one who came to therapy and he might be first one to show himself to other outside people as well. But he wants to be seen as himself in outside, not as me or part of me. I can't help the fact my sister probably can't see HIM at all.

Anyway, journaling was a good idea. I don't know if I'd get to know about his wishes without it. It is useful even in our subsystem where we can be co-conscious, and it's way faster to think about something, and the other one hears it, than to write it down, while the other one can also feel the feeling and read the words immediately. They still feel different later on, when you go to read them again by yourself, when the other one has gone away.

I try to look for the book if I find it in my language, or in English from library. I won't buy any new books now. I wished for two books as Christmas presents, Haunted self (which I have from the library now but it takes time to read it, and there are many after me waiting their turn to have it) and another one not DD related anyway.

If you remember anything from the book, it would be great to know what it is like. And Zor, I found your journal rules from another thread, and they are good ones. That's where we got the rule we are not allowed to take anything away from journal, it's all important. I tend to want everything I write to be "perfect" and would probably wanna change half of it afterwards.

-- Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:45 pm --

When I started the journal I also put a pencil case with two good pens in it near journal, so it would be easy to write. I don't remember adding pencil there, but there was one yesterday. Someone had add it, (or maybe I just don't remember putting it there). It CAN be a sign of someone planning to write later on.
Floralie
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:19 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Zor » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:53 pm

Glad that you found those rules and they helped you- and very glad to hear that the journaling is opening up doors for y'all! :)
(Body - Male, 39)
Zor - primary host & main poster
The rest of us: {\Pixie/}, Kaitie-Lynn (aka "Kitten"), Kaleb, Angel, Katya, Satin, Charles, Chloe, Noah, and a few rarely seen
Zor
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:19 pm

Postby KawaiiKitty » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:56 am

Yay!!!!! I'm glad you've made some progress

J!
Currently knowns: J(host/original)
Infants: Moirai
Littles: May, Joy, Sammy, Hope, Alliyah, Morgana, Callia, Adelise
Teens:Kay, Emma, Hans, Zed, Noelette
Adults:Jarette, Jessica, Elizabeth, Pudding, Aphrodite, Musica, Nadia, Cam, Summer, Jo, Adele, Ellie
KawaiiKitty
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:19 am

Postby birdsong87 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:30 am

if you are a little patient...
Asti will write an article about our favorite journaling exercises from the therapy book.
we just need to get our life together first (we are back from the therapy clinic and have to figure out how to live the change...)
Dx: DID cPTSD
L (host); Mike (caregiver); Asti (co-host, achiever); Annett (teen protector); Maya (child); Thamara (child); Danielle; and others
our blog on resources: www.dis-sos.com
birdsong87
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:19 pm

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:52 pm

birdsong87 wrote:if you are a little patient...
Asti will write an article about our favorite journaling exercises from the therapy book.
we just need to get our life together first (we are back from the therapy clinic and have to figure out how to live the change...)

Ooh-I'll be looking forward to that. Someone in here who isn't patient keeps checking your website for new articles. :D
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:19 pm

Postby Zor » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:39 pm

Where will this be posted? I'm interested, too! :)
(Body - Male, 39)
Zor - primary host & main poster
The rest of us: {\Pixie/}, Kaitie-Lynn (aka "Kitten"), Kaleb, Angel, Katya, Satin, Charles, Chloe, Noah, and a few rarely seen
Zor
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:19 pm

Postby birdsong87 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:17 pm

oh my, you will need a little patience with this. it is at the top of our writing list, but we are struggling to figure out how to do life with all the recent changes. needs at least a week before we can start writing again.
article will be published on the website linked in our signature, I will let you know when it is online.
Dx: DID cPTSD
L (host); Mike (caregiver); Asti (co-host, achiever); Annett (teen protector); Maya (child); Thamara (child); Danielle; and others
our blog on resources: www.dis-sos.com
birdsong87
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:19 pm

Postby MakersDozn » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:04 pm

TheGangsAllHere wrote:

Ooh-I'll be looking forward to that. Someone in here who isn't patient keeps checking your website for new articles. :D

Ditto! :)

MDs
Multiple. Self-dxed 1996. Body 56f, no host or original. System of 47: 42 females, five males; 17 littles (7+under), nine middles (8-11), 14 teens (12-17+), five bigs (18+older), + a formless yin/yang duo. Oldest member is 25.

Frequent: Charity (25), Mary (23), Laura (17.5), Allegra (17), Cass (17)
Blog | Our Story | Journey
MakersDozn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:19 pm

Previous

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post