Our partner

Alter Relationships

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Violarules

Alter Relationships

Postby Ponyta » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:29 pm

I heard it's not unusual for alters to have relationships between each other....so I figured I would start a post for that....hopefully that is alright (Anyone can post here if they want).

Not sure if a trigger warning is needed....

I don't know why I am taking this so hard....finding out that Romeo is now with Freedom. I never wanted to be more than just friends with any of them......but apparently it was just me being stubborn or something......I really really like Romeo and now he's with Freedom. I guess I feel terrible because he would've been the one I would've picked. But anyway I also feel happy for Freedom. She deserves him and they are a perfect match.

I just don't know what is wrong with me.......I keep crying every now and then because of this.....
Body:(Female-27)

Protectors: Weirdo (Male-28), Wolverine (Male-30), Blaze (Male-24)
Mary, Blue, Melody, Maggie, Larry, Taz,Romeo, Electro, Nightcrawler, Bruiser, Punisher, Freedom, Isabelle, Andrew, David, Bowser, TJ, Jessie, James, Jack, Giovanni, Yondu, Scar, Brian, Rose, Angelica, Bandit, Mystique, Tom, Marco, Iggy, Rhino
Ponyta
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:12 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Alter Relationships

Postby KawaiiKitty » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:53 pm

Sending lots of love and embraces your way. Remember that there is nothing wrong in working through feelings.
Maybe writing out your feelings on a big piece of paper would help?

I am of the belief relationships among alters are pretty common and have occurred within us before. Jo and Musica have had a "thing" for a while, or well perhaps they are just friends with benefits none of us are 100% certain, that would be their business only of course.
Currently knowns: J(host/original)
Infant/Toddler: Moirai (wont post obviously)
Caretaker: Summer
Gatekeeper: Cam
Protector: MusicaMorganaNadia
ISH: Jo
Littles: MayJoySammyHopeAlliyah
Teens: KayEmmaHansZed
Adults:JaretteJessicaElizabethPuddingAphrodite
KawaiiKitty
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:12 pm

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:22 am

Ponyta wrote:I really really like Romeo and now he's with Freedom. I guess I feel terrible because he would've been the one I would've picked. But anyway I also feel happy for Freedom. She deserves him and they are a perfect match.

I just don't know what is wrong with me.......I keep crying every now and then because of this.....

Nothing is necessarily forever--things change in systems all the time. There is some way that it's helping the system for them to be together right now, and it will all work out.

This is from Sasha: Are you ever able to be co-conscious with Freedom? :wink:
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:12 pm

Postby sleepingwolf » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:44 am

Thanks for sharing and making the topic. Its a hard one for us because it certainly can feel 'strange' in the outer world. We feel that such things often fill the body and overall psyche with positive, loving and peaceful feelings. This can only be a good thing.

Good luck to you all!

Lucy - One in the Albion System
The Albion System - 74 Tribal members
10 Co-Hosts
A bunch of Littles
A few pure Warriors
A load of amazing guys...
sleepingwolf
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:12 am

Postby VioletFlux » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:02 am

sleepingwolf wrote:Thanks for sharing and making the topic. Its a hard one for us because it certainly can feel 'strange' in the outer world.

I agree with Lucy about this. It's a topic I've been ... curious about now and then, but it sorta feels a bit 'taboo' to me so I get embarassed on it. :oops:

The past couple months, after some big shake-ups in our system, things have kinda wound up with Viola and me in a sort of... 'friends with benefits' situation and I never really know how to think about it. :oops:

Violet
Most Active: Violet aka V2 (16); Melissa (7); Viola (17); Rebecca (∞);
Protectors: Charlie (6/12/24); Mike (35); Littles: Arin (6); Janet (4);
Others: L---- (14); Violet-1 (22); Claire (0/20); S2 (32); et al
Body: 48f; Dx: DID; previously depression, bipolar.
Our Journey Thread
VioletFlux
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby NyxX » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:41 am

If our alters or parts or whatever word you want to use are a part of our collective whole then I think it is showing that you view yourself as desirable and worthy of those feelings. If we can't love our different selves how can we expect love from other bodied people?
nyx-usual poster
Nixie, The Pixie, Big ZuZu, Z, backup-known active alters
We might mention Ozalces he is our SO he made an account but doesn't use it much
NyxX
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:12 am

Postby Zor » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:33 pm

Ponyta wrote:I heard it's not unusual for alters to have relationships between each other....so I figured I would start a post for that....hopefully that is alright (Anyone can post here if they want).

So since some ppl like feel it's hard or awkward to like talk about this kinda thing, let me like open up a little about us and see if that helps a little...

So like most of us have lived almost entirely in the inner world, we've had like full lives here, and like detailed at that- which has included relationships... kinda weird for some ppl to make sense of, ppl that like know about us and all... but that's their problem, right? ;)

So in like our system we've got Angel and I who are married- and with some kids even...
Kitten and Kaleb are married and have 3 kids.
Those are easy to remember, to keep us straight- the "K's" go together, and us with wings go together. ;) All of those relationships like grew over time, at first we were like there... Kaleb and Kitten were neighbors and I was there like all the time... Angel lived nearby and was around but not as much until later... and it just sorta happened as we like lived life inside... it kinda got like more detailed, in a sense, and like more "life-like" when we had more outside contact through like FB and internet stuff with friends we'd made outside - also when we started going "out" more and like being more fronting and stuff- but we always hid who we were when we were out cuz ppl didn't know about us and like by then, we'd figured out like most ppl weren't like us having other like selves or ppl inside (we thought everyone did like forever... "part of me likes/doesn't like..." and like "inner child" type stuff- we took that to mean, like us for other ppl... took a while, mostly by like more contact and stuff, to realize that that wasn't what ppl like meant. lol).

Kitten and I grew up together and are basically like "twin sisters" - we're co-conscious.

Katya is Kaleb's little sister... and cuz of like her family moving away and like us having money issues, Angel and I live with her in her family's house- next door to Kitten's family.

{\Pixie/}
(Body - Male, 39)
Zor - primary host & main poster
The rest of us: Pixie, Kaitie-Lynn (aka "Kitten"), Kaleb, Angel, Katya, Satin, and a few rarely seen
Zor
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:12 pm

Postby Ponyta » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:40 pm

Thank you for your replies! :)

And to those who thanked me for making the topic.... You're very welcome! :)

Mary, Blue, Melody, Maggie, Larry, Taz,Romeo, Electro, Nightcrawler, Bruiser, Punisher, Freedom, Isabelle, Andrew, David, Bowser, TJ, Jessie, James, Jack, Giovanni, Yondu, Scar, Brian, Rose, Angelica, Bandit, Mystique, Tom, Marco, Iggy, Rhino
Ponyta
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Ponyta » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:32 am

TheGangsAllHere wrote:
This is from Sasha: Are you ever able to be co-conscious with Freedom? :wink:

Freedom and I aren't very close, but she does let me be co-conscious with her at times. I see what you mean though.....I just don't feel comfortable with interfering like that though.....just doesn't feel right to me.....but thanks for asking.

VioletFlux wrote:
sleepingwolf wrote:Thanks for sharing and making the topic. Its a hard one for us because it certainly can feel 'strange' in the outer world.

I agree with Lucy about this. It's a topic I've been ... curious about now and then, but it sorta feels a bit 'taboo' to me so I get embarassed on it. :oops:

The past couple months, after some big shake-ups in our system, things have kinda wound up with Viola and me in a sort of... 'friends with benefits' situation and I never really know how to think about it. :oops:

Violet

I know what you are saying......it is hard for me to talk about as well.....just because I feel the same way. When I was told it is not unusual....it made me feel somewhat better talking about it.....but still it feels weird/embarrassing to me.

I never thought something like this would happen in our system....so it is somewhat of a shock. Not sure why though......Jessie and James were always together since I first met them. I guess I just thought no one else would get together. When Romeo and Freedom did....it was shocking. I guess I should've known though......being how David, Bandit, and Yondu were always throwing "hints" at me. David and Yondu gave up.....but Bandit is still trying to impress me. :roll:

Ponyta
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post